Anyone get a name change today?

90 Pandaren Rogue
I know it is a shot in the dark, but curious if the error I am experiencing is on my end or if blizzard's services are just being overwhelmed with all the people attempting to set up RaF during the sale.

I tried purchasing a name change and keep receiving the error of "An error has occurred. To complete this transaction, please contact Blizzard Customer Support. Alternatively, you may select another form of payment."

I then called them, but the nice gentleman couldn't figure out how to go through with the name change for me as he kept encountering the same error.

Anyone successfully purchase one today?
Reply Quote
60 Troll Hunter
What kind of card were you using? If it's a pre-paid type rather than a standard Debit/Credit type card they need to be registered with the phone number on the back of the card first.

If it was a traditional Debit/Credit card did you try calling the financial institution the card is issued from? I've had a few friends that for whatever reason their bank doesn't like blizzard charges and denies them until you call the bank and say it's ok! I want to give these guys my money.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
It is a debit card and I called my bank to make sure it wasn't on my end, and the bank double checked my contact information and made sure the purchase was ok.

Still gives me the error :(
Reply Quote
60 Troll Hunter
Have you made any other purchases from blizzard recently? Sometimes that will cause their system to go hey this is bad news my friend!

Beyond that I'm all out of clever ideas.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
I've had several name and race changes in the past but nothing for at least a month now.

If this keeps giving me an error, time to go back to farming in diablo 3 for the RMAH haha
Edited by Minchii on 10/27/2012 7:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
My boyfriend was kind enough to offer to pay for this purchase for me in case it was indeed my credit card.

He uses an entirely different bank, and yet again I got this error.

Boo! :(
Reply Quote
99 Pandaren Shaman
I've been getting this same error for 5 days now. Sucks 'cause what I need to buy is game time. I can't play now. :(
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
10/27/2012 10:59 PMPosted by Dontcallmepo
I've been getting this same error for 5 days now. Sucks 'cause what I need to buy is game time. I can't play now. :(

Are you getting that exact error?

I'm sorry you can't play right now :(
Reply Quote
14 Blood Elf Priest
Make sure that you've got a billing profile setup as that's usually the reason these do not go through.
Reply Quote
99 Pandaren Shaman

Are you getting that exact error?

I'm sorry you can't play right now :(

Yeah, same error. "We are unable to process your transaction at this time.
To complete this transaction, please contact Customer Support. Alternatively, you may also select another form of payment."

Actually, I called Blizzard 3 days ago to report this. The person I talked to can't seem to understand what's wrong either. What she (yeah, a girl. lovely voice too) did was she added 3 days of credit on my account just so I could play while this problem exists. Unfortunately, 3 days passed and I still can't purchase game time.

It really sucks because I'm one achievement away from getting the Hallow's End meta.
And I need to harvest some crops too. :))
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
10/27/2012 11:03 PMPosted by Perl
Make sure that you've got a billing profile setup as that's usually the reason these do not go through.

I'm afraid I don't understand. I am currently paying for this game using the 1-month recurring system so I assume I already have one of these?

I have purchased name and race changes before, yet all of a sudden it refuses to go through with this one.
Edited by Minchii on 10/27/2012 11:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
14 Blood Elf Priest
I know what you mean Minchii, but a Billing profile is different than the monthly payment. Try this link for a step by step ;)
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/adding-and-managing-a-game#Payment
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
Ah thank you, that is exactly what I set up over the phone when I called.

Sadly, it still gives me the error :(
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Ah thank you, that is exactly what I set up over the phone when I called.

Sadly, it still gives me the error :(
Try clearing your browsers cookies and cache followed by a complete restart of the browser. If that still fails, then try a different browser altogether. Also, make sure the payment method you are using is set as the PRIMARY billing method in your billing profile.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
Ok cool, I was successfully able to purchase blizz balance points with the same credit card I was trying to purchase the name change with before, but yeah...

Still the same error.

Is it just me? Because last time I called blizzard, the customer support person could not figure out what the problem was. I'm now worried I wasted my money.

Not too happy right now :( Why did the balance purchase go through but my name change does not?
Edited by Minchii on 10/28/2012 10:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
Still getting this error, sadly :(
Reply Quote
14 Blood Elf Priest
You'd be best to call up billing then to see what's going on.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
10/29/2012 03:48 PMPosted by Minchii
Still getting this error, sadly :(

Unfortunately, Minchii, if you have tried all of the troubleshooting steps (i.e. created/updated your Billing Profile, checked your account information, cleared your cookies/cache and/or tried a new browser, etc...), you'll most likely need to contact our Billing and Account Services department directly.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6147177758
Edited by Vrakthris on 10/29/2012 3:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
10/29/2012 03:49 PMPosted by Perl
You'd be best to call up billing then to see what's going on.

I did that, and they could not figure out what was wrong.

Literally, that was his answer.

He tried to do the name change FOR me, and he could not as he received the same error I did.
Edited by Minchii on 10/29/2012 3:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
14 Pandaren Hunter
I am having trouble trying to unlock my account and answering my security question as it keeps giving me errors...different issues I know but sounds like we are getting the same outcome :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]