Haste question

100 Pandaren Monk
Hey all,

I'm seeing on the reforge guides to bump haste down your priority list once you hit the 1350 breakpoint.

I'm already past that though, from the 2-handed passive.

Should I ignore haste now, or are MWs supposed to dual-wield?
Reply Quote
The 1350 haste breakpoint is for spell haste, not melee haste.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
I know, but I'm already way past it. Should I continue to proritize haste? (below spirit, of course)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
If you don't raid, you won't often get the +5% spell haste buff. This means that for you, you need much more than 1340 Haste Rating to reach the Haste threshhold where you get an extra tick of RM (uhhh... it's 8. something percent, I have no idea how much Haste Rating it translates to... someone will be along shortly to give you precise numbers, I'm sure).

So atm, your Haste isn't really doing much for you (since outside of RM and EM, its effect is apparently not strong) and you might consider forging away from Haste until you *can* reach the 8. whatever % Haste threshhold which will give you your extra tick of RM without the 5% spell haste buff.

Once you *can* reach the full threshhold, again, forge away from having more Haste than that until you can reach the *next* threshhold (not attainable with gear in-game until a later content patch).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The bonus from using a 2-hander only to your auto-attacking, not to your spells. You need 1345 haste rating, plus the 5% haste raid buff (3538 rating without that buff) in order to hit the breakpoint on Renewing Mist and Enveloping Mist, regardless of your weapon choice.

Also, Mistweavers can't dual-wield, we can only use a 2hander or a 1hander and a non-weapon offhand.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
So atm, your Haste isn't really doing much for you (since outside of RM and EM, its effect is apparently not strong) and you might consider forging away from Haste until you *can* reach the 8.

She's actually very nearly already at the threshold *without* the raid buff. It's 3538, she's got 3392. If she did an optimal reforge of her gear, she could easily hit that threshold (and gain 110 spirit out of the deal, at the cost of some hit (why do you even have this?) and mastery).

Side note, Mitsuuko, you're on my realm. It might be a good idea to get the Inscription offhand, if you got some cash. I've got the Scrolls of Wisdom necessary for it, if you're interested. You may not have a weapon for it yet, but once you get into heroics, the Carapace Breaker out of Gate of the Setting Sun goes really well with it (until you can get an LFR weapon).
Edited by Daerien on 10/28/2012 11:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
So, since I'm low on haste at the moment, it would be better to stick with 2H, correct?

My haste is currently at 3400, which seemed extremely high.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
1h or 2h doesn't matter for squat for a Mistweaver. Only has effect if you're fistweaving, and even then, it's fairly close, and has no effect at all on your stat weights.

You'll want 3538 rating if you don't commonly run with a hybrid caster or a hunter with a sporebat, 1345 haste rating if you do. Anything past that is not worth having over other stats.
Edited by Daerien on 10/28/2012 11:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Oh, I see.

I was under the assumption that 2h gave you more haste due to the passive. I misread that.

Thanks for the help.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Yup, it just affects auto-attacking. It was added as a balancing knob so Blizz can adjust the relative potency of the two weapon types, to keep them balanced properly with each other. As a mistweaver, you can basically forget you even have it. Even as a BM or WW, it has only minor impact.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]