Cross-Realm Zones Update

90 Undead Hunter
The only change I've noticed since CRZ went into effect is a massive increase in ganking. While yes, I realize that part of playing on a PvP server is being ganked, and even corpse camped, but CRZ forcing so many people into one zone (Like HFP and Blasted lands), it becomes nearly impossible to level due to fighting for spawns and the inevitable flock of max-level characters there killing people just for the sake of doing so. I'm completely fine with being attacked, and even being killed a couple times by someone I couldn't hope to defeat, but when it takes me 2 hours to complete 10 quests, it becomes a little ridiculous. I'm holding out hope for that item level scaling mechanic to be applied to zones, scaling player power down to a level appropriate for the zone. I'm sure that probably isn't "cost effective" but it would be nice to at least be on an even playing field with the ones who slaughter lowbies just because they can.
100 Troll Shaman
I love seeing more people in the world, and I like seeing the emptier zones in the game with more activity.

What I still don't like is my friend getting booted off my mount EVERY time we cross a zone border, and temporarily phasing out for me along with every npc nearby. This just should not be happening for a seamless world, and it destroys the illusion of one. It's gone from amusing the first few times to annoying.

My only other complaint is not so much having to share rare spawns and rare pets with other people, but the fact that I can fly into a zone, see them on my minimap, only to land and have them all instantly vanish, as I've switched over to a different realm. These issues really need to be fixed, I hope they will be soon.
100 Tauren Druid
10/30/2012 01:27 PMPosted by Ipsum

You continue to be completely out of touch and ignorant of the majority of the feedback you are getting. That you are actually happy with the "MMO social experience" you have created, surely indicates to me that this is no longer the game for me. I was waiting to see how this was going to go, I have my answer now. I'll be leaving after my AP is up as well.

Selfishness. This is the only word I can think of when I read statements like this. Pure, uncensorced ignorant Selfishness.

So for all the people who do like CRZ, what of them? Is their opinion not worth anything? In your haste, you criticize Blizzard for not listening to the players, yet are you failing to see that there are people out there that DO like CRZ and Blizzard is continuing to work hard to help make it better for them?

Majority you say. From what ive seen, the number who claim to dislike CRZ is much much closer to the number who do. Problem is, people who like it arent coming to the forums to talk about it. They're comfortably doing quests in zones where there are people about. Enjoying the game.

Selfishness. Thats all you showed to me.

The majority of the playerbase right now is doing things in Pandaria, where there is no CRZ. They have no feedback to give, it doesn't mean they're happy with CRZ. Not saying something on the forums doesn't mean you like or dislike a feature. So saying that people who aren't posting here are happy with CRZ is just a stupid thing to say.
90 Goblin Shaman
I have had nothing but grief trying to lvl since coming back after a year. You can not hardly lvl without getting ganked, this has made certain zones death traps for any lower lvl toons. The dark portal, and outlands is a prime example of this.

Trying to gather is near impossible with all of the nodes being constantly farmed by higher lvls. When you have to be max lvl to even have a chance to gather is a joke. Also this has made the price on a lot of mats explode on the AH.

I realize that Blizz will never cancel CRZ, but if you are gonna merge realms then do so and get it over with. Also I can not imagine that they is a huge following that enjoy this, you may claim that their is, but all I have heard from other people is how much they hate it.
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Selfishness. Thats all you showed to me.

You show the same for people who don't like it. Pot... Kettle. Make with the happy.

Now, we're saying options. We need to discuss options. Options make everyone happy in the end.

We're saying there are other ways to limit problems:
1. server tz being relatively closer than +/- 3 hours. Dunno about you, but going from CST to PST at certain times of the day is physically sickening to me.

2. Enforce their own damn COC/ TOS/ ULA. That would reduce a lot of the negatives of CRZ.

3. Increase spawn rates. They said they could do it. Repeatedly. Why haven't they?

... thats all I can think of for now XD

EDIT: P.S. What Droptotem said above me.
Edited by Kwanyi on 10/30/2012 1:37 PM PDT
100 Orc Shaman
10/30/2012 11:23 AMPosted by Arrowset
But for me, whatever downsides exist are better than a dead-seeming Azeroth, and that's what you would have without CRZs.

Let's see...

Blizzard makes the game centered around end-game content and the newest zones, discouraging players from visiting the older realms.

Blizzard also sets up everything in Cataclysm as revolving around the capital city for each faction.

Blizzard also removes all group quests from the game, and now makes it easier to get credit for kills on certain mobs without being in a group, thus removing the need for grouping with other players.

Blizzard adds a LFD and LFR feature so people can instantly teleport to a dungeon/raid with random people rather than walk to it and try to talk to people to build a group.

All of this discourages people from being out in the world.

So obviously the best fix is to add a "feature" that breaks the game in numerous ways, and the only "benefit" is seeing more people who you now have to compete with for rare spawns, resources, etc., since the game has removed any reason to group up. Oh, and level 90s who are bored in Pandaria can grief easier now.

CRZs aren't making the world less "dead." Heck, for me it's actually more of a reason to not go out in the world. I literally haven't tried leveling since, except a brief period which annoyed me. So CONGRATS! I'm sticking in the cities, where I won't be griefed by high-level players who are bored and were given the ability to mess with my gameplay. And I won't have to deal with the world changing night/day, no way to get resources, no ability to use a two-person mount out in the world (funny how it breaks a feature that involves people playing together), none of those other numerous bugs. Sure, I can't go do the fishing tournaments... but then, they got disabled because CRZ broke them.

Again, I'm trying to figure out why we're seeing the game having working features removed or things changed that no one wants just to implement a feature that wouldn't be necessary if they allowed for free server transfers (which companies like Trion Worlds can apparently afford, but not a company owned by Activision?). Then people could move to high-pop servers if they wanted, or stay on "dead" servers if they wanted.
100 Tauren Druid
10/30/2012 01:18 PMPosted by Reshaari
That's your problem. Make it +/- 0 hour difference and solve a good few problems in one go. Don't try be sneaky and get around it by making an Azeroth time for all servers.

That's their best bet though. Not enough servers of each type in each datacenter to justify splitting them up that way. And no, I'd take an hour jump over being connected to a datacenter that ISN'T Los Angeles, so CRZing everyone with everyone else isn't an option. I like my low latency.

They don't need to kick it down to +/0 permanently (although they SHOULD) just for the fishing tourneys and world events, and just for those specific zones. So, Saturday/Sunday for STV and all of Northrend, and starting zones for holiday events. Every other day of the year, whatever. No need to create a universal time zone, or whatever, just use the settings they claim they had when they first introduced this "feature".
90 Tauren Hunter
It's not about competition for nodes. That's just what some people want to think all the complaints are. Those people haven't actually bothered to READ the complaints, people like yourself.

Thanks for the personal jab. That tickled.

There are complaints about node competition, and quite a lot of them. Did I limit my response to assume all complaints where about node competition? No? You mean I included other major gripes such as constant ganking and slogging through quests? I thought as much. And here I was beginning to think I was going crazy.

Your first mistake was to assume that your complaint about CRZ is everyone's complaint about CRZ. Your second to assume that I only am aware of a few. I did indeed read the complied list of all issues and suggestions found in the (now locked) CRZ threads. Some I agree with, others are preposterously silly. I happened to pick a few (those I see quite frequently) and roll with it.

Is CRZ the be all and end all solution to every problem found with lowpops? Nope, and I'd argue that it wasn't even meant to be.
90 Draenei Monk
10/30/2012 01:12 PMPosted by Kwanyi
I love you Reshaari. This is the main thing. Dun care about seeing people, just kind of expect them to take care of the people who should be getting taken care of. Sick of people getting an "oh well" on what used to be ban-able offenses. Or worse... getting ignored.

As with all things, your use of the Game is governed by certain rules. These rules (the “World of Warcraft Code of Conduct”), maintained and enforced exclusively by Blizzard, must be adhered to by all players. It is your responsibility to know, understand and abide by this World of Warcraft Code of Conduct. The following rules are not meant to be exhaustive, and Blizzard reserves the right to determine which conduct it considers to be outside the spirit of the Game and to take such disciplinary measures as it sees fit up to and including termination and deletion of the Account. Blizzard reserves the right to modify this Code of Conduct at any time.

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/wow_tou.html

Bolded the important parts. They are to enforce this. They are the ones supposed to do it. Not us. They can determine what it considers to be against the spirit of the game... but:

In particular, you may not use any name:
(ii) That incorporates vulgar language or which are otherwise offensive, defamatory, obscene, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
(iv) That belongs to a popular culture figure, celebrity, or media personality;
(vi) Belonging to any religious figure or deity;
(vii) Taken from Blizzard's Warcraft products, including character names from the Warcraft series of novels;
(viii) Related to drugs, sex, alcohol, or criminal activity;
(xi) Referring to pop culture icons or personas (e.g. " "Britneyspears", "Austinpowers", "Batman")

These are the biggest offenses in names, particularly the "drugs, sex, alcohol or criminal activity" category. Names are never enforced. It should only take ONE report, and a look at the name, the reason it was reported, to flag it. If I report someone for a sexual reference, I state that it's a sexual reference, it should be changed. Someone on my server has the word "pissed" in his name, yet despite constant reports, it's not been changed.

(i) Transmit or post any content or language which, in the sole and absolute discretion of Blizzard, is deemed to be offensive, including without limitation content or language that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, sexually explicit, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, nor may you use a misspelling or an alternative spelling to circumvent the content and language restrictions listed above;

So, 4 letter words, sexist, racist and homophobic slurs aren't "harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, sexually explicit, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable"? Because Trade and General(all zones mind you) are periodically full of this, and despite reports, nothing is done.

Keep in mind, this refers to ALL CHANNELS. /say, /tell, /guild, /party, /bg, /raid, /trade, /general, /worlddefense, /localdefense, etc.

I do notice, however, that the only mention that they have in regards to actual in game ACTIONS is a state that:

C. Rules Related to Game Play. Game play is what World of Warcraft is all about, and Blizzard strictly enforces the rules that govern game play. Blizzard considers most conduct to be part of the Game, and not harassment, so player-killing the enemies of your race and/or alliance, including gravestone and/or corpse camping, is considered a part of the Game. Because the Game is a "player vs. player" game, you should always remember to protect yourself in areas where the members of hostile races can attack you, rather than contacting Blizzard's in-game customer service representatives for help when you have been killed by an enemy of your race.

PvP. They've outright removed any and all traces of "zone disruption" outside of "exploits" from their terms of service. They need to put that back in there. Most games have policies against things like mob hogging, following players around and killing their quest mobs, or other actions against FAIR PLAY.

That is my 2 cents. Though 2-3 hour game suspensions for spewing hate speech would go a LONG way.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Wow. What a disappointment. Am I supposed to be surprised that you are working on the bugs? What a sad state of affairs.

Let me know when you're ready for a real discussion about the inherent issue: the community erosion that naturally accompanies any population availability feature and your proposals for offset.

I couldn't have said anything better.
Not once during 1-85 on this character did I say "Man, I'm really glad to see all these A52 people, it greatly improves my WoW experience".

If I wanted to group with other people, there is the dungeon finder and random BGs. I don't care to wait around for mobs to respawn to do quests I'm not all that keen to do in the first place.
100 Undead Priest
10/30/2012 12:58 PMPosted by Thalois
Pandaria zones are starting to get pretty empty, I really hope Blizzard introduces CRZ to Pandaria soon.

Then I'd finally be free from WoW.
CRZ already makes doing anything outside Pandaria miserable and unenjoyable... Add CRZ to Pandaria and people will quit in droves because lets face it, Daily's are already miserable and the last thing they need is MORE competition. Also lol @ Galleon with MORE competition.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]