Before I say anything, thank you, Ry, for the post in our old thread, and thank you for giving us another sticky. Few and far between blue posts may be, but I for one appreciate it when there is one, even if the ones we get can be labeled "too little, too late".
This thread is my last hope of remaining on WoW. I'm not waiting forever for this destructive forced-public-beta-test to be resolved. My account is up in February, and CRZ will be my reason for leaving the game, and removing my $15 per month support that I've given Blizzard since January of '07, plus the purchases of Warcraft I, II and III and related expansions, as well as Diablo I, II and expansion, and III through my AP.
I was going to pick up Starcraft. I don't feel that Blizzard needs more of my money, if they can't even have the sense to REMOVE CRZ and keep it on the Beta/PTR until these bugs are resolved.
We also continue to see some reports that people are being dismounted when crossing borders. Single-player mounts should not being doing this, so please post any details in the Bug Report forum if it continues happening. There are technical limitations preventing multi-passenger mounts from holding separate characters when crossing a zone boundary. Unfortunately, this isn’t something that we can quickly or easily fix.
Out of all that, this is what bothers me the most.
This alone makes me never want to set foot anywhere CRZ is active. This essentially says my boyfriend and I can not play together, since if one of us leaves our keys for a moment, we have to sit still and do nothing, whether we're on high-levels doing world events, or high-level-transporting-low-level for world events.
If follow doesn't work, and the multi-person mounts we worked our butts off to purchase are now worthless, why should we even bother playing together?
Despite a few lingering technical issues, we’re happy with how CRZ is populating the leveling areas with other players, and helping to once again foster MMO social experiences in the 1-85 content.
What is this, I don't even?
So you are saying that Blizzard as a whole still thinks taking $25 for a server transfer and dumping them back into the same mix of players is perfectly fine?
You are saying, essentially, that you're fine with the ganking and running, griefing, harassment, rudeness and trolling going on is fully endorsed by Blizzard?
You are saying, for all intents and purposes, that we have to deal with hostile environments because the zones are either WAY OVER POPULATED or COMPLETELY EMPTY, depending on what CRZ cluster we are part of, and that's what you were aiming for?
What social experiences? I see people who tell me to get off their server, when I didn't CHOOSE TO BE THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE.
It looks to me like you all did read A FEW of our concerns, but are still blinded by some of the more important ones we've brought up, such as our server choice, and especially those who PAID TO LEAVE A SERVER DUE TO HARASSMENT OR HOSTILITY.
Those people should be refunded every CENT of what they spent to be dumped right back onto the server they PAID to leave.
I will post this here again, with comments in ** blah ** form to show changes:
Bugs - this has been covered multiple times.
Glitches - this has also been covered multiple times.
Summary of both include:
* Dismount between zones from both single- (rare occurrence) and multi-person mounts (persistent/common occurrence) ** ADDRESSED, but now we're being told it will take a very long time to fix ... so we can probably expect fixes sometime in 7.4 **
* Taxi issues (including flight paths, boats, and zeppelins vanishing when crossing zones, and in the case of boats and zeppelins, chained loading screens, freezing and transporting the player back to where they started or simply in the middle of the transport, which has caused the old "Stuck Falling In Stonetalon" effect of falling through the world unable to logout, become unstuck, or on force-closing the WoW client can cause characters to be unable to log in properly, or to be dead in various zones (commonly Crossroads for Horde players) upon login)
* 5-10 seconds of freezing between zones
* Severe FPS drops
* Random phasing "realm" changes in Sub-Zones (named areas within a zone, such as, in Northern Barrens for example (in random order, going from memory, and my boyfriend currently flying around checking Sub-Zone names): Gold Road, The Forgotten Pools, The Stagnant Oasis, The Sludge Fen, Dreadmist Peak, Thorn Hill, The Dry Hills, Lushwater Oasis, Shine of the Fallen Warrior Merchant Coast, and towns/quest hubs. I'm sure there are more Sub-Zones, but this list gives a good example of what I'm talking about.
* Time-Zone changes that can result in jarring night-to-day, day-to-night, and abrupt weather condition changes, the lighting effects of which have been known to cause headaches, nausea and in rare occurrences, seizures - all of which are legitimate medical issues; some of the people I know avoid raiding due to the lighting effects causing them headaches and possible seizures. **ADDRESSED, however, we're just given a rehashed version of what we were told before - +/-3 hours is STILL. TOO. MUCH. **
* World Events do not function properly due to the fact that they may be in a Cross Realm Zone, where the time is never consistent (Brewfest Tapping of the Keg, Burning of the Wickerman, Darkmoon Faire Portal, Gurubashi Arena) - to the point where Fishing Tournaments WERE REMOVED because of CRZ's timing issues. ** ADDRESSED, however, it appears Blizzard is unable to go further than +/-3 hours, as this comment was rehashed from the last thread. This will still not give us our fishing tournaments back, nor will it fix World Event timing. **
* Pet Battle spawns do not function properly due tot he fact that they may be in a Cross-Realm zone, where the time is never consistent (Widow Spiderling, Restless Shadeling) ** ADDRESSED, with the same +/-3 hour rehash **
** Moving to an "Azeroth Standard Time" may solve this, as this line hinted:
One of the ideas being floated around is potentially changing how regional time zones work on a very fundamental level.
I'm not holding my breath. **
Many of these are called "features of CRZ" and are "working as intended":
* Asking AFK/Low Level Real ID friends to invite them to their low-population or "dead" server to farm
* Asking AFK/Low Level Real ID friends to invite them to their low-population or "dead" server to gank/grief/harass
* In outdoor groups/raid groups, for events, World PvP raids, RP events so all participants are on the same server
* In outdoor groups/raid groups, to ensure all participants are on the CORRECT server (in the case of Cross-Realm Real-ID based raids for Sha of Anger in Pandaria)
* In Real ID groups for questing to ensure that all players are in the correct phase of the quest
** ADDRESSED. Apparently the social levels are doing great, and everyone loves it! ... yet, these issues HAVE. NOT. STOPPED. **
* Players in /say, /yell or in optional General or Local Defense chat telling other servers' players to "Get off my server" in usually rather rude ways, usually including expletives
* Players killing NPC quest givers specifically so players from realms other than their own cannot pick up or turn in quests
* Players killing quest targets specifically so players from realms other than their own cannot complete quests they do have
* Players from PvP servers that know they are cross-realm zoned with NON-PvP servers waiting for unsuspecting PvE players to cross borders or zone into areas to kill them before they've loaded in - usually done in such ways that there is no hope of fighting back (Level 90s camping in groups/raid groups in Blasted Lands near the Dark Portal, for example)
* Players camping lower-level players, then jumping across zone borders when the hint of a defense group shows up to return fire (on both PvE->PvP crosses and on PvP servers) so there is no way to properly fight back (in the case of PvP resolutions to PvP issues)
* Lower level players cannot properly call for help on PvP servers due to Gankers crossing borders and disappearing
* Lower level players cannot properly call for help on PvP servers due to CRZ placing the incoming helpers on a different realm than the player(s) calling for help
* No way to Ignore OR report players from a realm other than your own for any kind of harassment and griefing, or for Name and/or Guild Name reports, or for Language
**ADDRESSED... but again, apparently CRZ is still "working as intended" to continue to destroy communities. **
Many of these are listed above, but will be repeated here:
* Realm choice is no longer our choice
* Lower level players cannot call for help properly on PvP servers
* RP events and scheduled outdoor raids cannot go forward due to griefing, CRZ dropping players in a different phase/realm than the one where the event is happening (SOME may have work-arounds to clear up the problem, some do not)
* World Events do not function properly
* Players constantly hear "Get off my server" from players not on their own server
* Many have mentioned that once they would let others finish quests, but now wish they could kill their own faction just so they can get things done.
* Fewer people go out "into the world" and instead hide in areas that do not (currently) have CRZ implemented.
* Proudmore - Nothing more needs to be said here.
* Blizzard continues to accept payment for server transfers, when in fact the server that a person pays to join may be part of the Cross-Realm cluster of the server they paid to leave, negating the reason to pay to transfer characters to another server, and thus reneging on a paid service, as no effective service has been rendered (other than, at CURRENT, in Orgrimmar, Stormwind, and Pandaria). In cases of people leaving due to hostile environment, this is particularly bad.
* World of Warcraft is no longer a game where all play styles are supported, pushing away younger or "casual" players (those with very limited time to play due to Real Life), when prior to CRZ, being able to play for only 15 minutes a day could be productive and fun.
* There is now a jarring 5-10 second loading time between zones, and some sub-zones, when advertised as a seamless game.
* Victims of harassment and griefing have no recourse (violations of the ToU/ToC/ToS go unpunished)
* Players no longer have the CHOICE of what realm they play on.
Issues still exist that have nothing to do with TECHNICAL bugs or glitches.
CRZ still does not make WoW a better environment than it did before.
It may be LIVABLE to have to go out to old Azeroth/Outland/Northrend when the bugs are fixed, but I'm only going there when I ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO to get something done, as I did with Pet Battles.. I spent only as much time as it took to get my pets appropriately leveled, and BAILED OUT. There are still a lot of pets I want, but I just don't want to deal with the BS that CRZ is to get them, or go play with Archaeology (something else I REALLY enjoyed prior to CRZ), or even go get the rest of my Loremaster zone-achievements. NO desire to deal with the destruction of CRZ.
This does not put me back into the world. It makes me HIDE IN ORGRIMMAR, STORMWIND, OR PANDARIA.