Cross-Realm Zones Update

90 Tauren Druid
10/30/2012 02:05 PMPosted by Rollo

Oh, come on. The social experience caused by CRZ is great! Blizzard said so! There'd be NO problem, no problem at all.

CRZ in Pandaria! Do it Blizzard!

As a single server's worth of level 90s spamming their AoEs and NOT TEAMING is already so much fun I dread the Skyrange-based dailies when they come around in the rotation, I'm sure nine servers' worth of level 90s spamming their AoEs and STILL NOT TEAMING will be positively effing magical.

Indeed! Just look at the OP - CRZ is a magnificent success that enhances the social experience, Rygarius said so! So CRZ in Pandaria would take two great things and turn them into a... a... mash-up of two great things! How could it possibly go wrong? Why shouldn't the utter joy of enhanced social experience come to Pandaria?
90 Blood Elf Hunter
10/30/2012 02:05 PMPosted by Briyanna

Sorry if this sounds rude but...

Can you start enforcing your code of conduct now?

Sick of people being douchebags just because they can and know they won't be punished for it. That's not very fostering of MMO social experiences. If I wanted to surrounded by jerks, I'd go hang out at the local bar. At least drunks are regulated by law.

Thanks. If you're not going to follow your own policy, that's quite the double standard and needs to be enforced both ways. Otherwise, get rid of it.

You want us to abide by it, you need to start enforcing it, and not on a case by case basis. If you don't enforce it, then we don't have to abide by it. Legal contract 101.

This. 1,000,000,000xThis.

I left Silver Hand because of an ex-friend I never wanted to see again.

Yet in CRZ areas, I'm crammed onto a conglomerate of Feathermoon-ThoriumBrotherhood-SilverHand-MoonGuard-ShadowCouncil-EarthenRing-ScarletCrusade-TwistingNether-WyrmrestAccord-BlackwaterRaiders, whether I play on Wyrmrest Accord or Feathermoon.
I'm still dealing with Silver Hand players - people I NEVER. WANTED. TO. SEE. AGAIN. Thus, I STOPPED PLAYING THERE.

If I cannot ignore them or report them, what's the point in changing servers?

Taking money from players transferring from one server to another and then putting them BACK on that server against their choices is FRAUD.

I agree. I will not go into details on the forums.
90 Blood Elf Mage
The mistake you made is thinking Blizzard cares about the opinions of its players, once they made up their mind about an issue. They think CRZ is great, so they will continue shoving it down our throat. They have proved time and time again that they are completely indifferent to arguments against something they think is a good idea, and couldn't care less if people quit the game over it.

In my opinion, it is disappointing news to hear that work is continuing to try to tune and improve CRZ to make it a functional feature, as I was hoping for it's removal instead. Other than giving people the illusion of fuller zones while leveling, there is nothing else beneficial for this feature, and this one benefit does not out-weigh the many negatives that many of the nay-sayers see in CRZ.

I think that Blizzard should have a poll that pops up once for each player that will let them vote on one of three options, 1) Keep CRZ, 2) Kill CRZ, or 3) Doesn't impact me either way. See which group is the vocal minority, the group wanting to see other people in their leveling experience or the people who dislike the ganking/rare-fighting/node-fighting/economy harm/Population alterations/etc.

The Devs could save themselves a lot of work trying to get something fixed that the people just don't want. Many nay-sayers see that dev time as potentially going to much better causes that wouldn't have negatives to anyone's game time.
10/30/2012 02:05 PMPosted by Rollo

Oh, come on. The social experience caused by CRZ is great! Blizzard said so! There'd be NO problem, no problem at all.

CRZ in Pandaria! Do it Blizzard!

As a single server's worth of level 90s spamming their AoEs and NOT TEAMING is already so much fun I dread the Skyrange-based dailies when they come around in the rotation, I'm sure nine servers' worth of level 90s spamming their AoEs and STILL NOT TEAMING will be positively effing magical.

Yes, team up with others so I 1) lose my spot in the LFD queue I've been in for 20 minutes already, 2) have to kill 30 additional goats for each person I've grouped up with. Sounds like a great solution, that will only get better with the unfortunate inevitable introduction of CRZ to Pandaria.
48 Human Paladin
The reason why Blizzard doesn't listen to most of you is because the majority of your feedback is pure nonsense, people comments in forums ain't any better than Goldshire and Barrens chat.
I'm from a high population server, and my realm is CRZed with 2 other high population servers, based on this I can tell that most people whining here are simply speaking thrash, I've been leveling alts and can easily tell that all that whining about quests and resources is just lies.

The pvp grieffing is annoying and for this particular issue I do think that if you guys brainstormed possible solutions, Blizzard and the WoW commmunity will listen to them.

Thanks Blizzard for CRZ its a nice feature, too bad people can't appreciate the quality game they have in their hands. Contrary to others I will continue paying my subscription.

Thumbs up for CRZ
90 Blood Elf Mage
10/30/2012 02:15 PMPosted by Lyonhearts
The pvp grieffing is annoying and for this particular issue I do think that if you guys brainstormed possible solutions, Blizzard and the WoW commmunity will listen to them.

Sure. Let me turn off CRZ.

I'll mark the date on my calendar, I'm sure Blizzard will listen in a timely fashion like usual.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
The reason why Blizzard doesn't listen to most of you is because the majority of your feedback is pure nonsense, people comments in forums ain't any better than Goldshire and Barrens chat.
I'm from a high population server, and my realm is CRZed with 2 other high population servers, based on this I can tell that most people whining here are simply speaking thrash, I've been leveling alts and can easily tell that all that whining about quests and resources is just lies.

Thanks Blizzard for CRZ its a nice feature, too bad people can't appreciate the quality game they have in their hands. Contrary to others I will continue paying my subscription.

Thumbs up for CRZ

You aren't seeing it. Good for you.

Others are. Just be thankful you aren't.
90 Human Mage

Thumbs up for CRZ
Yes, because obviously if something doesn't effect you it doesn't exist...
90 Pandaren Rogue
So how about that opt-out feature?
71 Tauren Paladin
Just to recap, cross-realm zones are meant to improve the leveling experience by increasing the amount of people in the same zone together, while also allowing you to quest with your Real ID or BattleTag friends.

Despite a few lingering technical issues, we’re happy with how CRZ is populating the leveling areas with other players, and helping to once again foster MMO social experiences in the 1-85 content.

Huh, really? The only "social experiences" I have had leveling is being corpse-camped by someone from Moon Guard... Then again by someone from Wyrmrest Accord, and once more by someone from Cenarion Circle.

I rolled on a low-population realm because I wanted to level by questing, running dungeons, and doing battlegrounds. I love Alterac Valley but I can't quest and queue for it anymore, or I will be hunted and repeatedly obliterated by level 90 griefers from realms I've never been to.

So I've stopped going out into zones altogether. It's a lot easier and less frustrating to stay in Orgrimmar now.
90 Human Priest

You continue to be completely out of touch and ignorant of the majority of the feedback you are getting.

Perhaps, but I think someone who hates CRZs is going to be more likely to post about it than someone who thinks they are cool and a nice addition to the game.

Also, I think developers can just fly around and see actual human beings playing the game in far-flung locations and decide that this fits their vision of what the game should be more so than a lowbie leveling by himself in peace with no gankers to worry about.

A real threat of being ganked has traditionally been a part of the leveling experience on pvp servers. And you can always do bgs or dungeons and make the level 90 waste his time camping nobody.

If it fits their vision, great. It does not, however, fit mine. I liked my gameplay experience as it was, and life goes on. No worries.
90 Dwarf Hunter
10/30/2012 02:15 PMPosted by Lyonhearts

I appreciated the quality of the game I had in my hands in early August and for the nearly eight CRZ-less years before that.
22 Pandaren Monk
I ask for ONE THING with CRZ. Segment it by level so it's not so everyone can still have their world pvp with people within 5 levels of their own and lowbies don't get ganked by 90s who they can't do a single thing against
90 Human Warrior
10/30/2012 02:07 PMPosted by Bloodsurge
WHENS PTR BACK UP

Seriously guy? Two seconds to find:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7006342227?page=2#22

Are you sure you should be testing anything?
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
UE
HOW are you planning to address the FACT that many of us chose realms based on having a certain population, and we're now having all of Illidan dumped on us?
GC said in an interview that low population was not a supported play style.
85 Night Elf Druid
10/30/2012 02:25 PMPosted by Baneusprime
WHENS PTR BACK UP

Seriously guy? Two seconds to find:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7006342227?page=2#22

Are you sure you should be testing anything?

I think he is asking when the Player-funded Testing Realms with CRZ are back up.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]