Cross-Realm Zones Update

90 Human Death Knight

Despite a few lingering technical issues, we’re happy with how CRZ is populating the leveling areas with other players, and helping to once again foster MMO social experiences in the 1-85 content.

Well, thanks for being definitive. My AP is up, and I'm paid up through 11/23, but I'll start to write my farewell to the forums today.

Cheers.

This. If they don't add the 'Opt Out' option I'm done when my sub needs renew at the end of next month.
90 Human Monk
I have quested from 1 to 71 on this character. The only thing I have seen with the crz is more competition. It has actually fostered an intense dislike for other realms rather than a social attitude. The quests are designed in a way that actually makes it more difficult to complete them in a group. Sitting around waiting for your quest mobs to spawn while competing for each one with people from other realms doesn't seem like an improvement on the leveling system.
90 Human Priest
10/30/2012 11:04 AMPosted by Rygarius
Despite a few lingering technical issues, we’re happy with how CRZ is populating the leveling areas with other players, and helping to once again foster MMO social experiences in the 1-85 content. The process for tuning CRZ is of course one that’s ongoing, and we’re committed to continuing to work on it and iron out any remaining issues as quickly as possible.

You continue to be completely out of touch and ignorant of the majority of the feedback you are getting. That you are actually happy with the "MMO social experience" you have created, surely indicates to me that this is no longer the game for me. I was waiting to see how this was going to go, I have my answer now. I'll be leaving after my AP is up as well.
90 Gnome Priest
cool beans
90 Blood Elf Priest
Despite being an MMO, WoW sometimes seems to be tuned for single player while questing. I love WoW, but questing is very frustrating with other people. WoW does not support friendly behavior for MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER. As an example, I'll list the Tillers daily that you have to throw water buckets on dusty spots. Try to do that with a random player that is infront of you. You'll just have to wait him to finish off his quest. Not to mention quests where killing is necessary. It's so stressful when some1 ninja tag a mob that you're just about to kill... CRZ just make it worst. Harder to farm materials, harder to tag rare mobs, harder to do dailies... I mean, it's like every player outside my 5-man party is my enemy... and that's not what an MMO is about.
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I just cant bring myself to level my monk, as much as I want to. I my monk is level 36 and would probably be 90 if it wasnt for CRZ. Leveling experience just isnt the same with all the random people. And im fine with all the people in pandaria, because thats my community. CRZ just feels forced.
90 Human Hunter

You continue to be completely out of touch and ignorant of the majority of the feedback you are getting.

Perhaps, but I think someone who hates CRZs is going to be more likely to post about it than someone who thinks they are cool and a nice addition to the game.

Also, I think developers can just fly around and see actual human beings playing the game in far-flung locations and decide that this fits their vision of what the game should be more so than a lowbie leveling by himself in peace with no gankers to worry about.

A real threat of being ganked has traditionally been a part of the leveling experience on pvp servers. And you can always do bgs or dungeons and make the level 90 waste his time camping nobody.
Edited by Arrowset on 10/30/2012 11:45 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Mage
While that does answer two of the issues, which I also have had trouble with, that doesn't really answer all of the issues and concerns people are having. Personally, I don't like CRZ. it just causes more issues, and people have been asking for a way to opt out of it because some people, like myself, like our low or medium pop servers. Why has there not been any response to the opt out request?

Also, I usually play Alliance on a pvp server, but as it is now, it is unplayable due to griefing. And everytime I have been on a toon leveling on that server, I have been ganked and camped by people not from my server, but from another server, Mal'ganis; everytime it is someone from Mal'ganis. Also, like Sub said, the dark portal is heavily camped by level 90s.

Yes, CRZ is working as intended, because there is a lot more people in the zones, even though those people who are high level are only probably there to harrass the lower levels by ganking them, camping them or killing their quest givers. Of course they could be there to farm pets, which makes it very hard to get some of those rare spawn pets like the Mini Inferno. Luck be on your side with that one!

Also, my hopes were shattered last night, because I got on a flight path to go to Stranglethorn to see if it was raining so I could get the Baby Ape. As I was on the flight path going through the zone I was so happy because it was raining! I thought, "Yay! I finally get it!" But as soon as I landed I got dumped into another realm where it wasn't raining....was a sad sad day. :(
66 Tauren Druid
Bump! Arrowset!
64 Gnome Rogue
10/30/2012 11:12 AMPosted by Fancypants
CRZ still sucks.
90 Worgen Priest
10/30/2012 11:42 AMPosted by Arrowset
A real threat of being ganked has traditionally been a part of the leveling experience on pvp servers.

And this threat was restricted to the realm you chose to play on.
Players had a choice of whether they wished to play on a balanced realm, or a more imbalanced realm such as Cho'gall or Illidan.
This choice no longer exists.
90 Undead Death Knight
While the technical issues addressed by the Blue in this thread are things that need some work, the core question of "should CRZ even exist?" is one that many players disagree about.

And that issue is not addressed.
90 Worgen Druid
10/30/2012 11:04 AMPosted by Rygarius
We also continue to see some reports that people are being dismounted when crossing borders. Single-player mounts should not being doing this, so please post any details in the Bug Report forum if it continues happening. There are technical limitations preventing multi-passenger mounts from holding separate characters when crossing a zone boundary. Unfortunately, this isn’t something that we can quickly or easily fix.

I have yet to see this mentioned, but is this completely unacceptable to anyone else? Many if not all of the multi passenger mounts have either been a VERY large in-game time/gold sink, or in a roundabout way have cost real world money through Refer a Friend (Hi X-52 Rocket). So for anyone to spend 15/20/30/100k+ on a mount with the benefit of being able to help transport friends, is now just completely out of luck because "we can't quickly or easily fix". Just a big slap in the face to those players that have invested plenty of time and effort, and some cases real money, for this to still not be addressed.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]