Cross-Realm Zones Update

90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/29/2012 01:31 PMPosted by Klimpt
Time zones have been a "feature" for for nearly 400 years. CRZ has been a "feature" for nearly 2 months. Which do you think is truly broken and in need of a change Blizz?

Time Zones, duh.

Blizzard doesn't fix things that don't ... don't need ... fi*snort*

Aaaahhhhh, I can't even type that without laughing.
100 Draenei Mage
11/29/2012 01:14 PMPosted by Cosmicshift
CRZ's has provoked animosity between players. Interrupted the player leveling processes in multiple ways concerning profession grinding and questing interferences. It has not done anything to help/fix low population realms, other than creating the illusion of more players around which on the other hand has made high population servers over crowded. It has caused lagging, frame hitching, griefing, bugs and glitches of all sorts and most of all it is destroying my, and others love for this game.

Best summary I've seen yet. Nicely done.
100 Blood Elf Warlock

haha I know right? It's like they are going out of their way to ignore our feedback, and going the opposite way. When a company gets this snotty towards its community, why does the community even bother sticking around? That was the question I asked myself just before canceling my account. Care to guess my answer?

Some men just want to watch the world burn.
90 Pandaren Mage

haha I know right? It's like they are going out of their way to ignore our feedback, and going the opposite way. When a company gets this snotty towards its community, why does the community even bother sticking around? That was the question I asked myself just before canceling my account. Care to guess my answer?

Some men just want to watch the world burn.
90 Night Elf Priest
11/29/2012 01:14 PMPosted by Cosmicshift
All these players voicing their concerns only shows their love for this game and how deeply they care for the direction in which the game is heading.

Very true. I think a lot of us expect to eventually get tired of something naturally, but MoP has brought in many things, CRZ being a huge one, that are turning us off from the game. Enjoying the game one day and implementing something the next that makes it frustrating and, for some, unplayable, is obviously going to make those of us who don't want to be placed in a position to dislike the game and toss it want to speak up to try and get something done.

I'd rather not feel so disillusioned with Blizzard and disenchanted with WoW like I have been since 5.0 dropped. I'm sure a lot of us would go back to where we were a few months ago having fun with out purchases if we could. If we ultimately end up folding and leaving the game will be emptier. At least we tried to speak our piece and no one can say the customer's didn't make it strikingly clear what issues in the game turned us off.
100 Draenei Mage
Overall, I've found CRZs to be horrible. It makes attempting to farm anything not in a dungeon a pain.
Want to get that rare pet for your hunter? If you're not on your hunter with a free space to tame it as soon as you see it, it'll be gone or dead by the time you get back to it... if you even see it.

It's even worse on RP servers. While at first I was hoping that it would help RP since now RP guilds on different servers would be able to RP together..... then we found out that our server is in Moonguard's battlegroup.

While I have great respect for the Farstriders guild that we occasionally share our favorite RP spot with, none of us in the guild like to walk in to find out that our spot is now the Moonguard Strip Club. It has gotten so bad that my guild is starting to consider finding a new spot, even though we've been RPing there as a main location for a few years now.

Overall, I hate CRZ. They're inescapable at this point. No matter where we go, there's always going to be someone from another server being an idiot.

Please, please, please.... can someone list all the areas that are NOT a CRZ? There has got to be some sort of sanctuary from this madness....
90 Human Priest
If CRZ is intended to improve the leveling process. and I am already fully leveled. Why must I endure CRZ?

Flying across the world is intolerable with lag spikes as I cross zones.

Pet Battles are intolerable as I am frequently interuppted by griefers from other realms.

Please enable the option to opt-out of CRZ - You know for all of us who don't need an 'improved' leveling process.
100 Blood Elf Hunter
If you're still actually interested in the opinions of those of us who reject the CRZ totally, I'm adding my vote to stopping the madness please.

CRZ so far has no redeeming qualities at all. So far it's been full of bugs and annoyances. I have leveled several alts through zones that were supposed to be gaining benefits from CRZ, never once has it been found useful since it's been implemented.

I admit I've been ganked more and seen more bots take my mining nodes.

Where on Azeroth are the benefits?

Overall the negatives outweigh any positives, and I've not experience ONE positive so far.
90 Tauren Warrior
Here is a reported bug, LOW LEVEL GANKING especially in BLASTED LANDS, just turn Blasted Lands into the new Wintergrasp and Tol Borad and call it Defending the Dark Portal. I love the lore from Blasted Lands, but whats the point anymore. Back in the day, you could call a guildie or two and they would call one more and duke it out, but for god sake, there is at least 20 allies or horde at a time there and it's getting out of control. Also, i am mostly horde, but why penalize the allies by dismounting them before they go into the portal in the Magic Quarter in Stormwind just making sure they are going to get ganked, its not really fair being in the drag, no dismount is happening. Was on my level 23 Warlock leveling in Hillsbrad, and I got ganked by 6 Allies, from different realms. Level 85's through 90's. I like the fact you can join together with others but this ganking is clearly out of control and never gets addressed, see above in the blue, no addressing it!
90 Tauren Warrior
You can opt out of CRZ now. Do like I have, move all your toons to SW. Only bg, dungeon finder, senarios and raid finder.
Do as the npc's in the game suggest, do less, slow down. Find another game...
Once CRZ moves to Pandaria, there will be no more reason to visit that area also.
This choice has been made I am afraid. Our feedback has been ignored and will continue to be.

Like and a thumbs up!!!! Opinions don't matter in the cross realm zone nonsense. You should have the choice!
90 Worgen Druid
I <3 CRZs.
100 Blood Elf Hunter
You can opt out of CRZ now. Do like I have, move all your toons to SW. Only bg, dungeon finder, senarios and raid finder.
Do as the npc's in the game suggest, do less, slow down. Find another game...
Once CRZ moves to Pandaria, there will be no more reason to visit that area also.
This choice has been made I am afraid. Our feedback has been ignored and will continue to be.

It seems to me there is someone high up in Blizz who has this pet idea that CRZ is a necessity and is determined to make it 'work' regardless of how absurd it is in reality.
90 Blood Elf Priest
You missed his point.They(Blizzard) claimed that it was done because players complained that zones were dead. Then they backtracked on it a few times and came up with another excuse, but that's besides the point.No one ever complained about dead zones. They complained about dead SERVERS. There's a difference. And that's what he's pointing out.As for my personal experience? I see them in chat. That's it. I have yet to come across a single person in game in the zones I frequent while leveling, because they're dead. Still. Which is why I level in those zones

i understood what he meant by dead servers/economy etc but crz wasn't meant to fix that. it was put in place so the world around you feels busy.

11/29/2012 10:53 AMPosted by Reshaari
Actually merging all of these servers into one huge mega server.. now that's a step in the right direction if they're actually trying to fix population issues. Name issues? Incorporate a server name as a surname. Done. It also fixes the AH and guild issues in one swoop.

could you imagine the cpu that would have to process all that data? sounds amazing but odds are its far from the drawing board. although crz could open the door into implementing a mega server.

/ponder
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/29/2012 11:25 AMPosted by Rollo
I don't think a higher number of concurrent users necessarily translates into better experience.

it really depends on the person. its like going to the orchestra. some people will just hear the music as a whole. other will hear and seperate the brass from the woodwinds and hear how it blends in with the stings. you can walk into a zone and just see mobs that you need to kill before you can turn in your quest. some see it as a much broader picture, that this zone has a story behind it. Badlands and western plaguelands are two of my favorite zones. the story and conflict that goes on are amazing. especially when there are member of the opposing faction there, its literally like your enemy is trying to do the opposite of what you are and it may come to exchangeing blows.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]