Cross-Realm Zones Update

100 Blood Elf Hunter

i understood what he meant by dead servers/economy etc but crz wasn't meant to fix that. it was put in place so the world around you feels busy.

And it still does not. There is no one to group with but instead there are tons opportunities to be ganked, body camped and compete with bots and even more players for resources.
100 Blood Elf Priest
11/29/2012 08:21 PMPosted by Vinobianca
And it still does not. There is no one to group with but instead there are tons opportunities to be ganked, body camped and compete with bots and even more players for resources.

whats the problem with additional competition?
100 Blood Elf Rogue
11/29/2012 08:30 PMPosted by Ininjaplate

How do you 'compete' against level 90's flying around in level 50 zones taking herbs and ore?

How do you 'compete' against a level 90 who's flagged and killing quest mobs just because he can?

How do you 'compete' against a flagged level 90 who's intent on getting you to flag to camp you for hours because he's bored?

This isn't competition. It's annoyance. Think of a new level 1. Seriously, brand new. Just found the game, and is leveling through Durotar. Everything is fine until he hits around level 30-40, and now there are a lot of people trying to kill the same mob he needs. Atop that, he has level 90's flying around trying to gank him senseless. Even if he tries to go mine for nodes, he can't even do that because more toons are flying around taking the nodes to put on the AH - from different servers. How does this help? How does this foster MMO activity? If I were that guy, I'd quit. Not worth my time.
100 Blood Elf Hunter

Read my posts again. THIS, competition and ganking is only the couple of things I see as a negative, all with no positive points.

You would choose CRZ just so you can have more competition for your resources? Seriously?
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Well my time runs out in January. WHile cleaning I just found another time card I had tucked away. Not sure what I am going to do with it yet. Might just tuck it back away in case I ever get the itch to play here again.

Honestly in the last month I have logged in twice. I can't even bring myself to level to 90. I think I have just reached the I am done point with WoW.

Did CRZ cause it? Partially. CRZ sent my family packing to another game. I am not enjoying WoW without them. 7 years of family history is tough to do without. CRZ itself well other than day night flashing which someone told me is fixed I was sort of MEH about. The multipassenger mount thing is annoying.

I think the thing that really is the icing on the cake for me is the way blizzard is asking for our feedback then not talking to us the letting our thread drop off the sticky and in hte past shutting down or deleting our threads. To me that says "Unless you get with whatever OUR (Blizzards) program is we don't want you in WoW." Fine by me. I am enjoying the heck out of LOTRO and SWTOR. Why would I stay where a company has made it clear they do not want my business.

So unless I get a wild urge to level to 90 I think my friends I am done.
100 Undead Rogue

Much like CRZ itself, this additional competition is an illusion. While 5 servers worth of people in a zone are struggling to get the resources of a single server, there are 4 other servers sitting there collecting dust. The problem is that everybody knows it. The supply is there. It's just been locked away. We can see behind the curtain. There is no great and powerful Wizard of Oz. It's just a man pushing buttons, trying to make it look like something it's not.

The additional competition is unnatural. In a normal server setting those resources, or the fruits of those resources, would likely end up on the AH and add to the overall health of the server economy. But in the case of CRZ, some of those resources are completely leaving the server. For all intents and purposes, the players might as well be gathering stacks of whatever and deleting them.
72 Gnome Priest
11/29/2012 08:52 PMPosted by Vinobianca
You would choose CRZ just so you can have more competition for your resources? Seriously?

This is pretty much why an opt-out option would not be feasible. Most people would opt for the path of least resistance.

A lot of people ask, How does this help me? Maybe it isn't the point to be just a way to make everything easier for alts. Sometime other players can be helpful. Sometimes they can be a hindrance.
100 Blood Elf Priest
11/29/2012 08:51 PMPosted by Joyia
How do you 'compete' against level 90's flying around in level 50 zones taking herbs and ore

crz or not a low lvl cannot compete with a 90 who can fly when it comes to farming

How do you 'compete' against a level 90 who's flagged and killing quest mobs just because he can?

how often does this even happen? get on a main and kill him? there might be more than one area a quest mob is located in.

How do you 'compete' against a flagged level 90 who's intent on getting you to flag to camp you for hours because he's bored?

after an hour of being legitimately camped, a gm will usually help. plus you can always ask friends to help or kill him yourself.

This isn't competition. It's annoyance. Think of a new level 1. Seriously, brand new. Just found the game, and is leveling through Durotar. Everything is fine until he hits around level 30-40, and now there are a lot of people trying to kill the same mob he needs. Atop that, he has level 90's flying around trying to gank him senseless. Even if he tries to go mine for nodes, he can't even do that because more toons are flying around taking the nodes to put on the AH - from different servers. How does this help? How does this foster MMO activity? If I were that guy, I'd quit. Not worth my time.

i was in a random dungeon and someone asked how i got "gold items". he was a nice person and asked me how he could play his warrior better. i told him that its called heirloom items and how to obtain them. he shot questions at me for the rest of the instance and i did my best to answer them. i also gave this person my realid and told em "if you need any help or questions just look me up." few days ago he asks me to help him with a hunter who was killing him. i grouped up with him and found him in dragonblight. he rezzed and the hunter came down to kill him. i popped mirror images and combust and nuked this hunter before he realized what happened. after i killed him 5 or so times he logs over and starts complaining to me. i ask him if hes mad and why he isnt rezzing. long story short, ask for help when you need it, there are people willing to help.
72 Gnome Priest
Think of a new level 1. Seriously, brand new. Just found the game,

Actually, I have an opinion that CRZ is designed for the players that are brand new, but I currently don't feel like elaborating.
100 Blood Elf Priest
11/29/2012 09:11 PMPosted by Sabyrr
To me that says "Unless you get with whatever OUR (Blizzards) program is we don't want you in WoW." Fine by me. I am enjoying the heck out of LOTRO and SWTOR. Why would I stay where a company has made it clear they do not want my business.

i think its a little more different than that. i enjoy wow, crz, as well as all the other blizzard games. but i didnt like LOTRO or SWTOR. just wasnt my cup of tea. could just be that LOTRO and SWTOR offer things that better suit your needs that wow does not. its not that they dont want your buisness but what you expect out of them is not what they are offering. and what you want is offered by a different game. this game isnt for everyone and its difficult to cater to such a diverse population.
100 Blood Elf Priest
11/29/2012 08:52 PMPosted by Vinobianca

i enjoy competiton. i used to farm twilight jasmine out in twilight highlands competing against a good 8 or so bots.
100 Blood Elf Priest
11/29/2012 09:13 PMPosted by Litlhelp

This is pretty much why an opt-out option would not be feasible. Most people would opt for the path of least resistance.

A lot of people ask, How does this help me? Maybe it isn't the point to be just a way to make everything easier for alts. Sometime other players can be helpful. Sometimes they can be a hindrance.

=)
100 Undead Rogue
11/29/2012 09:21 PMPosted by Ininjaplate
To me that says "Unless you get with whatever OUR (Blizzards) program is we don't want you in WoW." Fine by me. I am enjoying the heck out of LOTRO and SWTOR. Why would I stay where a company has made it clear they do not want my business.

i think its a little more different than that. i enjoy wow, crz, as well as all the other blizzard games. but i didnt like LOTRO or SWTOR. just wasnt my cup of tea. could just be that LOTRO and SWTOR offer things that better suit your needs that wow does not. its not that they dont want your buisness but what you expect out of them is not what they are offering. and what you want is offered by a different game. this game isnt for everyone and its difficult to cater to such a diverse population.

There's a big difference between trying a game and not liking it, and finding a game you enjoyed for a long time suddenly unappealing virtually overnight.

By the way, why aren't you posting under Wesleysnipe anymore?
100 Blood Elf Priest

There's a big difference between trying a game and not liking it, and finding a game you enjoyed for a long time suddenly unappealing virtually overnight.

By the way, why aren't you posting under Wesleysnipe anymore?

its still the same game. bugs have always been a part of the game.the only difference is that the game feels more populated. and its fun to change characters every so often. atleast until i find another name i like. would you rather i change back? cause that name is pretty awesome
Edited by Ininjaplate on 11/29/2012 9:42 PM PST
92 Blood Elf Death Knight
I didn't know if I wanted to say this or not...but I wish we could trade with other players(From other realms) while in CRZ. I generally see more of them than people from my realm...
Edited by Gilda on 11/29/2012 10:09 PM PST
50 Tauren Druid
I hate CRZ's immensely.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/29/2012 10:24 PMPosted by Dramacow
I hate CRZ's immensely.

indeed
90 Draenei Monk
11/29/2012 09:15 PMPosted by Ininjaplate
after an hour of being legitimately camped, a gm will usually help. plus you can always ask friends to help or kill him yourself.

11/29/2012 09:15 PMPosted by Ininjaplate
how often does this even happen? get on a main and kill him? there might be more than one area a quest mob is located in.

GM won't touch it with a 20 foot pole. They'll tell you to right click report and have a nice day.

Have you seriously tried to "get on a main and kill him" since CRZ hit? I have to ask this because I've tried to hop over a couple of times to either help someone out or clear out something for an alt of mine and not even ended up in the same copy of the zone as what I wanted/needed to be in. You can't possibly expect people to be able to hop to their main, kick the crap out of the camper and then go about their business like you used to be able to.

Due to the different phases, that jerk just got away scot free camping a lowbie. And the GMs do not care.

11/29/2012 09:21 PMPosted by Litlhelp
Actually, I have an opinion that CRZ is designed for the players that are brand new, but I currently don't feel like elaborating.

Fully understandable, but when I was new to the game, I didn't want anything to do with most other players then either. And being subjected to five times the jerks won't help.

I tried to get a few friends of mine to play various games I did over the years. They'd go for it.. and log in when I'm not there. Getting trash talked for asking a question, getting griefed by some jerk higher level that wants to make fun of the noob... guess how many of them still play any of the games I do?

None.

11/29/2012 09:26 PMPosted by Ininjaplate

=)

In this game, they're mostly a hindrance.

Especially when I'm on my 20th alt and I want to gtfo that area as fast as humanly possible.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]