Cross-Realm Zones Update

90 Blood Elf Priest
11/29/2012 10:59 PMPosted by Reshaari
GM won't touch it with a 20 foot pole. They'll tell you to right click report and have a nice day

i think it really depends on the gm. some help you more than others.

11/29/2012 10:59 PMPosted by Reshaari
Have you seriously tried to "get on a main and kill him" since CRZ hit? I have to ask this because I've tried to hop over a couple of times to either help someone out or clear out something for an alt of mine and not even ended up in the same copy of the zone as what I wanted/needed to be in. You can't possibly expect people to be able to hop to their main, kick the crap out of the camper and then go about their business like you used to be able to.

yes. only place where i've had trouble finding someone was hyjal. anywhere else i can log over and find the guy
90 Draenei Monk
11/29/2012 11:11 PMPosted by Ininjaplate
i think it really depends on the gm. some help you more than others.

I once went through five GMs about the same incident.

I was ignored by all of them. The name on the in game mail I got is also known as either an idiot or a bot programmed to decline tickets of a harassing nature.

Any harassment tickets I've filed since the automated reporting feature has gone in have been circular filed.

11/29/2012 11:11 PMPosted by Ininjaplate
yes. only place where i've had trouble finding someone was hyjal. anywhere else i can log over and find the guy

Hyjal has a lot of bred in phasing so that doesn't surprise me.

I was in STV. And I couldn't get in the same phase. Not quest phase.. ZONE phase. She was in a completely different copy of the zone.
90 Blood Elf Priest
I once went through five GMs about the same incident. I was ignored by all of them. The name on the in game mail I got is also known as either an idiot or a bot programmed to decline tickets of a harassing nature.Any harassment tickets I've filed since the automated reporting feature has gone in have been circular filed

policy could have changed. last time i talked to a gm they said after 45min of continuous corpse caming is when they issue a temporary ban.
67 Gnome Priest
In regards to the PVP issues related to CRZ, I don't like the idea of putting up restrictions to PVP, even with he worst elements. I leveled my first toon on a PVP server, and it was a bit rough.

As some people mentioned, the new conditions out in the leveling area may be a bit different then when I was an upcoming Druid. If it is too hard to get PVP protection and vengeance in current conditions, I had an idea of a buff. if someone is repeatedly killed by high level players, then the player would get a buff that would call upon local level 90 elite guards to come protect the low level player for a period of time.

And yes I see a bunch of holes and possible exploits in this idea. I was just trying to say that maybe there could be a counter-balance without turning PVP servers into PVP-lite.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Everyone hates this, why is this still a thing
100 Human Warlock
11/30/2012 12:57 AMPosted by Ohmai
Now that CRZ has come to "current content" (ie Brawler's Guild), maybe the people who "liked" CRZ (because they hadn't been out of Pandaria yet...) will finally realize how bad it is.
Go look at the Brawler's Guild thread they are all screaming about CRZ especially as it seems Blizzard promised BG wouldn't be CRZ'd and then changed their minds LOL.

The thing is, the CRZ tech could keep the Brawler's Guild a small affair even if everyone on the server was invited, by breaking the zone down into multiple copies for each realm. That's the other side of CRZ that hasn't really been seen in action yet. They have said in the past that a zone that was too heavily populated (like the egg spawning towns for Noble Garden) could be broken down into multiple copies for a single realm to fix over population issues.

Using that side of CRZ, the Brawler's Guild could always have no more than 20 ppl at any time.
67 Gnome Priest
I met a brand new to WoW player on VeCo to the other day and he was less than impressed with the CRZ servers, as you can see here
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y225/Lynxtips/CRZChatter.png

There is a lot of things I see in that conversion. For one, that discussion didn't seem very Role Playing if you ask me, lol.
Edited by Litlhelp on 11/30/2012 1:54 AM PST
85 Undead Rogue
11/30/2012 01:32 AMPosted by Crzrefugee
I've been enjoying Aion, so far. Hope it continues because I can't stand anymore CRZ or PVP, Blizz is welcome to them both.
Unless things have changed since release, Aion is pretty much a purely PvP game at mid to high level.
94 Tauren Shaman
Are they actually reading the posts that are highly rated compared to the posts that aren't?

I got to wonder if the social experiences they are referring too is the 90s killing all of the 20s, 30s, and 40s? They consider that social experience I guess. lol
90 Troll Priest
Are they actually reading the posts that are highly rated compared to the posts that aren't?

I got to wonder if the social experiences they are referring too is the 90s killing all of the 20s, 30s, and 40s? They consider that social experience I guess. lol

I doubt they are. I wonder where this whole thread went, since its not sticky anymore. I thought they had just deleted it like the other one. But seems they are just trying to get it off the front page.

But I started playing Rift some days, then some days jump back onto here. The point, its scary how many new or returning players are appearing saying they are back cause of WoWs CRZ. Was talking to one the other day, he hasnt play Rift in about a year but raged out so hard over CRZ would rather pick it up again. That there is a problem within itself. But I assume the fan boys will jump me saying they be back.. which I dont think is the point.. its the point they go off and find another MMO to play.
90 Undead Hunter
I can't tell you specificly the good things about CRZ, I know it hasn't all been butterfly kisses and rainbows though. I never really notice until my GM murders her hubby or I can't find nodes to mine. Unfortunately since this has become such a big talking point, my brain automaticly defaults to "Stoopid CRZ" whether that is the issue or not.

I have had some positive experiences with CRZ though, mainly with PvP. I think that a lot of the issue is that you run into more jerks and snowflakes when you have a higher population, see a tag from a different realm and then blame the CRZ.

Unfortunately the griefing stands out, the trolling stands out and they automaticly blame CRZ for a running into a player that is not well mannered. When someone is nice and helpful, you may appreciate it at the time, but it doesn't stick around as the anger (see 'Sha of') does from someone pissing you off.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]