Cross-Realm Zones Update

100 Dwarf Hunter
11/29/2012 09:21 PMPosted by Ininjaplate
i think its a little more different than that. i enjoy wow, crz, as well as all the other blizzard games. but i didnt like LOTRO or SWTOR. just wasnt my cup of tea. could just be that LOTRO and SWTOR offer things that better suit your needs that wow does not. its not that they dont want your buisness but what you expect out of them is not what they are offering. and what you want is offered by a different game. this game isnt for everyone and its difficult to cater to such a diverse population.

WoW offered what I (and a lot of other players it seems) wanted for 7.5 years, long before CRZ was a twinkle in a developer's eye.

It didn't specifically cater to me, but it did respect my decision to do what I wanted where I wanted on the server I chose. That, apparently, was just fine from November 2004 to August 2012. Now, it drops me into a giant, buggy, arbitrary sandbox located on the other side of North America with a bunch of other players just for the sake of making things look busy.
90 Undead Rogue
Are they actually reading the posts that are highly rated compared to the posts that aren't?

I got to wonder if the social experiences they are referring too is the 90s killing all of the 20s, 30s, and 40s? They consider that social experience I guess. lol

I doubt they are. I wonder where this whole thread went, since its not sticky anymore. I thought they had just deleted it like the other one. But seems they are just trying to get it off the front page.

But I started playing Rift some days, then some days jump back onto here. The point, its scary how many new or returning players are appearing saying they are back cause of WoWs CRZ. Was talking to one the other day, he hasnt play Rift in about a year but raged out so hard over CRZ would rather pick it up again. That there is a problem within itself. But I assume the fan boys will jump me saying they be back.. which I dont think is the point.. its the point they go off and find another MMO to play.

My system's really old. Archaic might even be a good term for it. It's so bad that I have to run Rift on the absolute bare bones video settings to play it, which gives me some really muddy graphics and some very poor fps. By comparison, I run WoW on fairly high settings, and the graphics look great. But despite all of this, I would rather deal with the really poor graphics over dealing with CRZ any day.
34 Night Elf Rogue
The AP that kept me around is up and the last sub runs out this weekend.

If Blizz would designate just one PvE server to be CRZ free for this expansion I'd reroll and stick around. But that isn't happening so cya.

Thanks to whoever recommended the Elder Scrolls series.

Bye and good luck to the thread peeps still fighting the fight.

And "realm-coalescing"? Political consultants must come cheap with the election just over.
85 Undead Rogue
Yeah, the "realm-coalescing" cracked me up. it's like, not only do they think we can be taken for granted, but now they think they can insult our intelligence as well.
4 Blood Elf Paladin
If crz is such a great concept why isn't it applied to MoP? I know that it'll happen eventually as in before the next XPAC but why not now? or at release?
100 Blood Elf Warlock
I'd be semi content personally (not speaking for others and their issues of which there are plenty and valid IMO)

If
1: no rubberbanding at all.
2: Fix 2 seater mounts.
3: exact same latency in the world zones as my home city had.
4: back to a EST cool down\daily\prof reset time.
5: can't see someone just because they are standing 4 inches from me on a zone line.

*posted in someone else thread but the thread was deleted.

Allegedly, Ghostcrawler basically said "screw you and your 2-seater mounts, we can't be bothered anymore to try and fix what the (probably my idea) crappy new system - CRZ - broke" in a Twitter post, though the guy that claimed this neglected to provide a link.
Edited by Máteus on 11/30/2012 12:29 PM PST
100 Night Elf Druid
I say let's put an end to this. Apply CRZ to Pandaria as soon as possible. We can then replace the vocal minority with the soon to be former silent majority.
Perhaps then our voice will be loud enough.
Anyone know if the euro community is still active on this issue?

I agree. They should implement CRZ in Pandaria now since it's such a great feature. That should make all those people who love CRZ really happy until they actually experience the full scope of it and then they will be changing their tunes.
90 Undead Rogue
I say let's put an end to this. Apply CRZ to Pandaria as soon as possible. We can then replace the vocal minority with the soon to be former silent majority.
Perhaps then our voice will be loud enough.
Anyone know if the euro community is still active on this issue?

I agree. They should implement CRZ in Pandaria now since it's such a great feature. That should make all those people who love CRZ really happy until they actually experience the full scope of it and then they will be changing their tunes.

It looks like CRZ being shoved into the Brawler's Guild is already starting to have that affect.
100 Human Warlock
10/30/2012 11:04 AMPosted by Rygarius
cross-realm zones are meant to improve the leveling experience by increasing the amount of people in the same zone together,

There is the only reason they want it, populate your zone. I don't care for it, I don't need a populated zone all it achieves is 5 plus realms looking for the same thing making my game experience suck. All they want is to slow you down that's why they will never remove it no matter how issues it has no matter how many complaints there are.
85 Orc Death Knight
WoW offered what I (and a lot of other players it seems) wanted for 7.5 years, long before CRZ was a twinkle in a developer's eye.It didn't specifically cater to me, but it did respect my decision to do what I wanted where I wanted on the server I chose. That, apparently, was just fine from November 2004 to August 2012. Now, it drops me into a giant, buggy, arbitrary sandbox located on the other side of North America with a bunch of other players just for the sake of making things look busy.

Well said! My feelings exactly.
85 Orc Death Knight
Im beginning to wonder if they have lost their collective minds.

Just read the post describing the way they have made a global change to the realm event schedule.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7200062357

Apparently everything in North American WoW is now based on Pacific time. The thread was 26 pages of mostly complaints until they locked it. So... to keep an overwhelmingly unpopular new feature, they are going to make MORE changes to the game that make an even greater number of people unhappy than were unhappy with the original CRZ issue? Wow.... just wow.
Edited by Krayth on 11/30/2012 3:45 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]