Cross-Realm Zones Update

100 Human Warrior

In my opinion, the idea, and the way it was rolled out, came with too high of a cost in regards to players' choices of how they want to play for the monthly fee they pay.

Very, very well said.

Agreed, sadly the days of play your way and enjoying a variety of play styles have past.

No longer is it "Whats your game?" with playing your own ways. Its now "This is how we intended" despite all the changes and contradictions. /sigh
100 Human Warrior
@Xazz I feel for you, invites on the BMAH are 100k on Suramar, and theres a guild here who has all spawns camped and they'll taunt to reset them if you get tag.
100 Human Warrior
12/01/2012 03:12 AMPosted by Xazz
@Xazz I feel for you, invites on the BMAH are 100k on Suramar, and theres a guild here who has all spawns camped and they'll taunt to reset them if you get tag.

Remember when Blizzard would step in and fix the situation? :( If I could buy out the invites early morning when they are put back up and cheap I'd feel a lot better. At least I'd get in and not have to deal with what's going on right now. It's unacceptable.

Brawler's and pet battles and old raids are about the only things I have fun with anymore. Brawler's is not an option anymore, those pandaren quest impossible and the old raids for some like myself still need more than one person to do. :' (

Edit:1 I know what you are saying by the taunting, these people here are doing that and sometimes dragging other npc's onto you hoping you aoe and die. Lowest form of players ever.
Edit:2 At least my Alliance mains mounts were converted so I can run around aimlessly on my chopper on this character now while trying to think of something to do....on my own since passengers are ejected woohoo lol

I've pretty much given up on getting into the brawlers guild anytime soon. Leveling pets for pet battles I guess the xp has been nerfed /sigh. Luckily I can solo *most* everything w/o too much issue, if I do have issue my SO tends to lend a hand.

Other than that were both missing the "golden age of wow."

CRZ has unleashed the bottom dwellers upon us all.
100 Human Warrior
Alrighty I'm off for the night, its currently 03:44 atm ><

I'll play catch up here at some point.
100 Blood Elf Hunter
12/01/2012 03:25 AMPosted by Ohmai
Brawler's Guild just got the number of servers reduced for CRZ and the queue times are down to 10-20 minutes.
I loved that Brawler's Guild thread, it shows just how many people really dislike CRZ. For those who haven't read it I urge you to do so almost everyone in there complains about CRZ and the majority of names are not ones I recognise from these threads.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7253855866

That said I am pleased for those participating they have had a workable resolution, just wish the rest of us could get one too!

I suppose its best more people learn about it... and subsequently the negative impact it seems to have.... sooner than later, right? :(
87 Goblin Priest
I'm debating on starting a new thread.
Not on the continued 'we hate crz, remove it' bit, because that ain't happening.
WHat we need is to help blizz figgure out some workarounds and compromises.
Opting out isn't going to be one of them.
So what WOULD work?

First off, I'd like to see expanded usage of the /who interface. I'd like to see what realm we're on as the host realm, and what realms we're linked with in the given zone.
Which may or may not be a good thing, but it might help facilitate dealing with problem children, and reporting them.

I'd also like to see various zones linked together to help aliviate the multi mount drop issue. If need be, maybe blizz should see about making designated flight paths for them.

As far as the node spawn issue, I'd like to get some feedback back and forth as to something that might be more acceptable for peak usage hours.
I notice that nodes have been badly nerfed in pandoria, and this has proven very unacceptable to people who have gone to there. Granted, the amount that was available before was truely excessive, but there needs to be a better middle ground.
As far as rare spawns go... crud... blizz wants them rare, crz keeps them rare.

I'd like to see a santuary zone in halfhill, and either a santuary run path from the dark portal to the zone in spot. Or barring that, a buff/debuff that makes the player untouchable until they do something. I'd also like to see level 90 guards start spawning in outland quest hubs and outposts, instead of the rolfomal 60 guards that spawn currently.

With the advent of CRZ, I'd like to see the return of group quests, and even add more group quests to given areas. Possibly chains of quests, with some better rewards.

If at all possible, I'd like to see upper level players segrigated to different realms.
Level 85+ in Vanilla, BC, or LK content are out of place with players who are leveling up in those zones.

The thing people need to realize, is after a full patch, blizz hasn't removed this, nor have they shown any desire to remove it or any aspect of it.
So it's here to stay, and those of us who are staying, need to work with blizz to figure out how to mitigate it's undesireable effects, and find out from blizz, if they consider something to be 'undesireable'. As it is, they appear to want competition for nodes and spawns, and they like having conflict.
But as shown in the brawlers guild thread, they do realize certain types of conflict is not what they want, so they made some changes to CRZ as a result.
So what we need to do is start working on compromises.

Or we can continue posting how much we hate this feature, wish that it were gone, and call anyone who thinks it's not so bad, or likes certain aspects of it, a troll.
90 Night Elf Druid
if blizz dont do away with crz im done.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/01/2012 04:57 AMPosted by Julitrix
As far as the node spawn issue, I'd like to get some feedback back and forth as to something that might be more acceptable for peak usage hours.

As for the gathering of herbs and ore, CRZ is not friendly to gatherers. There is going to be a need for some sort of restructuring on how gathering works.

I'm trying to figure out what that new method is going to be. Could it be a player-specific thing? Will players see only 'their' nodes kind of like how Archaeology spawns work? That would be something to combat botting. I'm hoping that a solution is in the works.

12/01/2012 04:57 AMPosted by Julitrix
santuary run path from the dark portal to the zone in spot. Or barring that, a buff/debuff that makes the player untouchable until they do something. I'd also like to see level 90 guards start spawning in outland quest hubs and outposts, instead of the rolfomal 60 guards that spawn currently.

See, I'm thinking of the way gear scaling works for challenge modes and then I think of how that could be applied to 'level scaling' for World PvP. Being flagged in a lower level zone automatically drops you to the level of the zone. It's a crazy idea and it's one that would take forever to implement, but it would certainly emphasize the spirit of World PvP without removing World PvP altogether.

Imagine how many players would return to PvP servers if they had a fair chance to beat the opposition without having to swap between characters.
100 Blood Elf Priest
I'm debating on starting a new thread.
Not on the continued 'we hate crz, remove it' bit, because that ain't happening.
WHat we need is to help blizz figgure out some workarounds and compromises.
Opting out isn't going to be one of them.
So what WOULD work?

Many people have offered suggestions and actually good plans. Blizzard is inteninally ignoring them.

The biggest one I find appaled they have largely ignored is a very simple fix if they do not wish to get rid of their precious CRZ.

Make CRZ only real I.D. If freinds on different servers want to group let them, but don't pool everyone into one massive stew and watch the chaos....

Or, let it be an opt-out thing. I don't see why there can't be a button on your log-in screen with your options that says, "do not have this feature"

Also, may I point out AGAIN that no blue posts have respnded to any suggestion or question in this thread. I see it as they gave us this thread like a handkerchief so we could cry in the forum in one place so they could generally ignore us.

There have been many many suggestions on how to make this mess better. Like, having the zones seperate players based on level. So level appropriate people are not in there with the bored lvl 90's. Who on pvp servers are only there to kill the lowbies.

UnCRZing the zones the fishing derby's are in during that time. Would have been easier than the "solution" they came up with.

Lots of ideas have been tossed out and discussed by the players in here, with no response from blizzard in any form.

But hey in a "good" note. I was working on pet battles yesterday and instead of being squished with players from:

All these realms are on the Chicago Datacenter

Aggramar is central time - Battlegroup Vindication
Malygos is central time - Battlegroup Vindication
Eonar is Eastern time - Battlegroup Vindication
Whisperwind is central time - Battlegroup Rampage
Moonrunner is pacific time - Battlegroup Shadowburn
Ravencrest is central time - Battlegroup Rampage
Hellscream is central time - Battlegroup Rampage
Staghelm is central time - Battlegroup Shadowburn

I now seem to be paired with people from:
Blackhand
Lothar
Kargath
Llane
Stormrage
Garona
Moonrunner
Elune
Gilneas
Madoran
Alleria
Greymane
Alleria
Zul'Jin

Haven't looked 'em all up yet to see which battlegroups etc they are. Not sure if I'm now grouped with these servers plus the original batch, or instead of. Maybe they are playing with groupings to cut down on some of the lag? If so, it didn't work. Still get the stutter at zone boundries, and the blue wall of doom outside UC and getting off the zepp in Grom Gol.
100 Draenei Mage

UnCRZing the zones the fishing derby's are in during that time. Would have been easier than the "solution" they came up with.

Well they certainly would not want to admit that the emperor has no cloths on now would they? I feel that this new "feature" they released upon us is more difficult to fix/adjust/control than they believed it would be. I am still astounded that they could not preserve the original fishing tournaments and did a workaround instead and that they gave up on trying to fix multipassanger mounts.
100 Blood Elf Priest

Well they certainly would not want to admit that the emperor has no cloths on now would they? I feel that this new "feature" they released upon us is more difficult to fix/adjust/control than they believed it would be. I am still astounded that they could not preserve the original fishing tournaments and did a workaround instead and that they gave up on trying to fix multipassanger mounts.

Yeah, I know. At this point the emperor needs to give it up and let it all hang out though.
This "wonderful" feature should never have gone live with the bugs it had. Heck the 2person mount issue should have killed it. You don't implement something that you know is going to break something else.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]