Spell Hit and Expertise

90 Undead Mage
I'm just hoping to confirm that hit gained from Expertise is included in the Spell Hit Chance % on the character panel.

From what I'm seeing on my character sheet I'm going to say a firm yes. I have 3110 Hit Rating which is 9.15% plus the 2.62% I get from Expertise reforging, equals the 11.77% Hit Chance listed for my Spell Hit %.

It's obviously right there, I know. But I can't set my mind at ease unless I can have someone confirm. The way it's shown on the sheet is unclear, and perhaps when you hover over the stat it should say how much hit is gained from expertise.

A question that isn't so obvious: Using ReforgeLite, does it include expertise when it's reforging to hit-cap? I mean, when I have spell hit and expertise totalling 15% will it then reforge to other stats, or keep trying to go for the 5100 hit rating cap?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
yes expertise adds with your hit to get you to your hit cap. as for reforgelite, make sure you have it updated. it did add expertise at the start of the expansion, but wouldnt use it as a preferred reforging stat. its been updated since and works great now.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Yea i know it adds to spell hit now, I'm just trying to confirm that it is indeed included in what is displayed for your spell hit % stat.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I only needed to ask 3 times. But its awesome, it means I get get more hit on items that already have hit, and don't need to rely on elixirs/food for more hit.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
Seriously?

It is this hard for mages to accept that we can use expertise for spell hit?

Cool your jets. He knows it works. The question was if it's reflected in the character pane for Hit chance.

@OP, It's included in the percentage, but not in the rating. You have to add your hit rating and your expertise rating from the melee section to see how much you have. (5100 = 15%)
Reply Quote

@OP, It's included in the percentage, but not in the rating. You have to add your hit rating and your expertise rating from the melee section to see how much you have. (5100 = 15%)

Or you can just mouseover and it's calculated properly in the tooltip.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
11/06/2012 04:24 AMPosted by Obsìdían
Yea i know it adds to spell hit now, I'm just trying to confirm that it is indeed included in what is displayed for your spell hit % stat.

Confirmed.

Expertise is included on the spell hit stat in-game.

However, it isn't included on the hit stat listed in the armory on this website out-of-game.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage

Or you can just mouseover and it's calculated properly in the tooltip.

The percentage is calculated, yes. The Hit Rating shown does not include Expertise.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
How many confirmations do we have now? I'd like to see an independent tribunal formed for this subject, please.
Reply Quote
87 Goblin Priest
I'd actually like a link to the blue post that shows this change in 5.0.4 patch notes because cannot find it anywhere and I have people that still do not believe me until they see if *offficially* sigh
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]