why is it

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
why is it there is no way for me to get help with a loot card issue. i sent a message to blizz and they said they cant help with it and they said who i i can talk to, so i can get some help. but they cant even help me out. they are saying they dont know for sure if i even have tryed to even get the item i am saying. i feel real cheated in this. if there a issue its not on my end. i entered the code right and was giving another code to take to bb and it says its not valid so i am not the one in the wrong. so why am i having to eat the loss its not fair or right
Reply Quote
25 Night Elf Druid
Try disabling your add ons and re-entering the code.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
It's best to keep it to one post Maeri, but the TCG cards are not created by Blizzard as far as I know, they're only licenced by Blizzard. The company that manufactures/markets the TCG cards are ultimately responsible for assisting the consumer in redeeming loot and any loot code issues.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
11/08/2012 08:29 AMPosted by Maeri
i sent a message to blizz and they said they cant help with it
I'm not seeing that in your ticket history, Maeri. I see one ticket that was submitted 3 days ago in which a game master apologized for not being able to talk to you as you were not online at the time. He then provided several links for you to check out.

Did you submit a ticket using the account you are posting with? Have you responded to the ticket with additional information?
Reply Quote
In your other thread you mentioned copy/paste. I have always gotten errors with that with loot cards in Booty Bay. Have you tried writing it down then typing it in? I know that I have to do this every time I've given Landro a code, something seems to get lost with copy/paste.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
11/08/2012 10:52 AMPosted by Snakek
In your other thread you mentioned copy/paste. I have always gotten errors with that with loot cards in Booty Bay. Have you tried writing it down then typing it in? I know that I have to do this every time I've given Landro a code, something seems to get lost with copy/paste.

I always copy/paste my loot codes, and I've never once had an issue. However, I can see where someone might accidentally copy an extra space at the beginning or end of the code. which I assume would give you an error message about the code being wrong.

Things to check for:
-Make absolutely certain that you redeemed your card code for the correct region and realm, or you will not be able to redeem it in-game.
-Make sure you've selected the correct TCG expansion and item to be redeemed.
-Disable your addons before redeeming. Sometimes anything that alters your UI can mess with things like this (such as how DBM seems to disagree with using a Tome of the Clear Mind to change a talent)

Edit: You ARE talking to Landro Longshot in Booty Bay, correct? Not the random orc in Orgrimmar for redeeming Murky? Just checking - I made this mistake when I went to redeem my first loot card.
Edited by Cerylidae on 11/8/2012 12:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
yes i went to Booty bay and talked to landro. i even wrote the code own and did it by hand and still says its not right. and i did use the links and the people i talked to from the links giving to me they are also not able to help out so now what am i going to do.

ok how can it not be seen that i am having this issue? yes i am on the account that i am having the issue with. i entered the code and took me to another page where it gave me the code i needed to take to bb. good thing i only gave up stuff to a game i no longer play would have been nice to have been able to sell the cards for what they where worth but thats a moot point now cant undo the past. dont think i will be using anymore loot cards any time soon
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
11/08/2012 10:00 PMPosted by Maeri
yes i went to Booty bay and talked to landro. i even wrote the code own and did it by hand and still says its not right. and i did use the links and the people i talked to from the links giving to me they are also not able to help out so now what am i going to do.

...Did you correctly "redeem" the code. Remember on that nice WoW page where you have to select what server, what country etc. Did you mess up there? Did you give it to another realm?

11/08/2012 10:00 PMPosted by Maeri
ok how can it not be seen that i am having this issue?

Because none of us can be sitting there with you watching you scratch off the card.

On a side note, you're simply ranting. Most of us can understand you're frustrated, especially if it was a very rare or expensive item. But you're not looking at what help is being offered. A Blizzard Employee responded to you earlier. They extended the olive branch, take it and see what they can do.

Flipping a table over when you start to lose Monopoly isn't the best way to win.
Reply Quote
what i was told in a e-mail from blizz is that they cant not help since its not a in game issue and i was told to talk to this group i cant recall there name off the top of my head. but i did send them a message and they said they cant help me also. so who i was told to talk to and that could help me by blizz also cant do jack. so thats where i got mad. i am was gave the run around.

how have they tried to help? all i can see is them asking if i have responded to the ticket with additional information? thats it. and when i am told since its a issue with a loot card there is nothing they can do for me.
Reply Quote
61 Worgen Priest
11/08/2012 08:29 AMPosted by Maeri
if there a issue its not on my end. i entered the code right and was giving another code to take to bb and it says its not valid so i am not the one in the wrong. so why am i having to eat the loss its not fair or right

First did you enter in the correct region/realm when you claimed it on the website? Picking the incorrect one will make it not claimable.

Are you choosing the correct card game product when you try to redeem?

Lastly this is the contact for help with these issues.

http://cryptozoic.kayako.com/Knowledgebase/List

When a code is redeemed from the Blizzard / Battlenet promotion redemption website, that code is "used", so you need to be very, very sure you have the correct region and realm information. Otherwise, you risk not being able to redeem your code for an item. Your code cannot be used a second time.

Before you begin talking with Landro ensure you have got space to hold the item(s) otherwise you risk not being able to redeem. When contacting a GM about this issue, please use "Lost or Missing item" restoration rather than a defective promotional loot code if you make this error.

Is the code typed correctly? Often simply copying and pasting the code from the promotions page can reduce a number of problems at this step in the process.

Are you selecting the right item from Landro's list? If you select the wrong item from his list, it will not accept your code. Please double check that the name of the card that you are redeeming resembles the name of the in game item that the code is good for.

What else can I try?

On occasion pets or various mods can interfere with Landro's accepting the in-game code. If you continue to have problems, dismiss all pets, disable all addons, and restart WoW before trying again. Avoid being in a raid when trying to redeem as we have received reports that it can also cause issues. In some weird scenarios the "WTF Folder" in the World of Warcraft Program can interfere with the loot code redemption process. Delete or move this folder, and reload World of Warcraft.

Please be aware that once a code has been entered through Blizzard’s Promotion Page and a Region and Realm has been selected, that code has been redeemed. Cryptozoic Entertainment no longer has any power over the item. Cryptozoic cannot move or replace items inside Blizzard’s online game.
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Warlock
what i was told in a e-mail from blizz is that they cant not help since its not a in game issue and i was told to talk to this group i cant recall there name off the top of my head. but i did send them a message and they said they cant help me also. so who i was told to talk to and that could help me by blizz also cant do jack. so thats where i got mad. i am was gave the run around.

how have they tried to help? all i can see is them asking if i have responded to the ticket with additional information? thats it. and when i am told since its a issue with a loot card there is nothing they can do for me.

If you can't remember what you were told how do you expect us to help you?

You need to open a support ticket.

Unless you give us the facts we can't even attempt to guide you to the resolution.
Reply Quote
you want facts here they are

1 i got a loot card,
2 was not scratched when i got it.
3 took the code i got from it to the wow turn in page
4 took that code to bb i did a copy and paste did not work
5 put it in by hand did not work
6 sent in a message to blizz ( could not find there email but i was told to talk to Cryptozoic)
6 after a few messages with Cryptozoic this is what i get back "we are not able to replace the card as it is not a manufacturing defect.".

yet it still stands. i have yet to get any help from blizz or who i was told to talk to. both groups are saying they cant not help me. and i cant return to card since i have scratched it. and i know i t was that group since i can find the ones i have sent to them and got from them. i must have deleted the ones that i have got from blizzard not thinking.
Reply Quote
44 Night Elf Hunter
Maeri,

Sorry to hear that you are still having issues. My recommendation here would be to provide blizzard the codes you have, the one off of the loot card, and the one you received for claiming the card on the website. You will want to submit a ticket to billing through the support site. If you are contacting game masters account this they can't help as they do in-game stuff, and the loot cards are not in-game till you get the item.
Reply Quote
i did talk to blizz they said they cant even see where i turned in the 1st code. and they where saying they cant help with the issue since it was something they are not in control of. i talked to who they told me to. and they cant even help me.

blizz cant do much since its a loot card issue so it just seem like i am sol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]