Galleon and Tag Sharing

90 Gnome Priest
Since we're a carebear server and we like to keep things friendly I thought I'd share a practice that's common on many servers right now and which Blizzard is ignoring, at least for the time being.

Tag sharing is a way to allow more than the normal 40 players get a chance to win loot on the world bosses.

The way it works is simple: Group forms and fills for the boss. DPS are assigned to Group 8. The boss is pulled.

One player in the group with assist privileges waits about 20 secs to give the players in Group 8 a chance to attack the boss so they're in on the tag. Those players are then removed from the group (though of course are free to keep attacking the boss) and 5 new players are invited in. Those players are given 20 seconds to start attacking and get a share of the tag before being removed from the group so another set of players can be invited.

This can continue on for the length of the fight to give as many players as possible a chance to get loot. Since the world bosses use the personal loot system, this doesn't affect anyone else's chance at winning. More players get a chance to benefit and there's less competition for the boss when he respawns later in the week, giving even more players (and hopefully members of both faction) a shot at loot for the week.

I'm sure the thought of this horrifies people like Kerrath but then BWR isn't filled with people like Kerrath.

The only drawback is it doesn't work cross faction, of course. Which I don't like but Blizzard wants us to hate each other.
>.<
I keep hoping when the Burning Legion returns, they'll allow more cooperative game play between the factions. There's enough war in Warcraft without being at war with our neighbors.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Alliance smells!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Can't help it - too much exposure to the sewers in Stormwind, aka The Canals.

There comes a point when no matter how much you wash, the stink just doesn't go away.

It still creeps me out that one of the cooking dailies is to collect crabs from the Canals.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
11/08/2012 04:07 PMPosted by Joynal
I'm sure the thought of this horrifies people like Kerrath but then BWR isn't filled with people like Kerrath.

Actually, this is how you do galleon on malganis, for the most part.

The only problem is that Galleon rarely lives longer than 15 seconds. That's just how many people are camping his spawn. It takes real skill to share tags when the server lag makes it so you can do 1.5mil in a tag share group and still not get the tag.
Edited by Kerrath on 11/8/2012 4:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
world of WARcraft.

tree huggers
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
world of WARcraft.

tree huggers

It is a war - against Galleon and Salyis's Warband.
edit: and there aren't enough trees nearby to hug. I think next time I should remember to bring along some of the Tillers' saplings to plant.
Edited by Joynal on 11/8/2012 7:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
In my opinion, one of the best new things about MoP is being able to take away a Galleon kill from the horde or having it possibly be taken away from you. Maybe one day, people will learn not to aoe flagged players but until then, it was incredibly fun last week to stop a Horde Galleon raid by picking off their tanks and healers then proceeding to kill Galleon.

I don't mind sharing the tag with Alliance but the added element of world PVP makes Galleon more than just a loot pinata.

We're not actively trying to prevent Horde Galleon raids but if he spawns and we're forming a group and so is the horde then I don't see an issue with trying to take the kill if Horde tags it first.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
11/09/2012 07:40 AMPosted by Thel
why dont we share raids too while we're at it

Yay! Works for me!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
As much of a carebear, laid back, runs away from PvP kind of player I am, something about this feels wrong. Like you're cheating the system or something.

Like...even it's not direct PvP, ther'es nothing wrong with the factions competing for stuff. I mean we're not supposed to get along.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Still can't tag share across factions so that's not really an issue. If Alliance tags, only Alliance gets loot. If Horde tags, only Horde gets loot.

I just personally wish we could though I know most players wouldn't agree.
Reply Quote
66 Blood Elf Death Knight
11/10/2012 01:31 AMPosted by Thel
why don't we just get rid of factions and have raids where the boss just kinda dies when you engage him too

I think I should get a free epic every time I log in. There should be a roll screen for it, though, so I feel like I earned it.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
11/10/2012 01:31 AMPosted by Thel
why don't we just get rid of factions and have raids where the boss just kinda dies when you engage him too

I'd like a fight where it takes an hour to kill the boss. Though wiping on such a fight would be heartbreaking.

Having the separate factions really does nothing for PvE. For PvE, players in the other faction might as well be NPCs for all you really care about their presence.

It's obviously good for PvP, though from when I used to do BGs it felt more like members of the same faction were the real enemies.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
11/10/2012 03:42 AMPosted by Grimms
I think I should get a free epic every time I log in. There should be a roll screen for it, though, so I feel like I earned it.
Wait, are we talking about raid finder now?
Reply Quote
91 Tauren Shaman
11/10/2012 07:14 AMPosted by Aakarshan
Wait, are we talking about raid finder now?

How are you not able to read that, Aak?

I think I should get a free epic every time I log in.

Not every time I do LFR.

Every time I log in.

I agree, Stoni. I agree.

Or, at the very least, I should get a special party hat every time I log in.
Reply Quote
91 Tauren Shaman
I want to subscribe to party hats.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
11/10/2012 08:29 AMPosted by Thel
why dont we just get rid of wow and just subscribe to epics

Who cares? Epics are nothing these days. I deserve my legendaries for logging in.

Oh, wait...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]