A R1 Rogue's View on the State of Rogues

90 Human Rogue
Dear Blizz:

Here are some of the reasons I no longer enjoy playing your game:

-my class, with the release of a new expansion, is suddenly no longer viable/wanted in PvP
-it's been two months and nothing has changed
-my conquest weapons were incorrectly overpriced when I purchased them and no refund was issued to me.
-other players achieved very high ratings while the game was extremely imbalanced (http://tinyurl.com/cyc862k) and continue to sit on these ratings (http://tinyurl.com/bl5tj62)

WoW PvP has a lot of potential. It's too bad it's managed so terribly.

Sincerely,

Bflat
Reply Quote
11/24/2012 01:56 PMPosted by Revaks
Reckful's rogue shows activity in the past few hours... Hopefully he got his FOTM fix and is coming back where he belongs.

What we need is for GC to have a Rogue with recent activity.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
imho how did anybody else not see this coming? srs
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
I dunno..I personally wish I could stealth to kill bears irl.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
11/24/2012 10:30 PMPosted by Scotyduzntno
No the job of a rogue is to assasinate people, namely other players. In world PvP, to be jumped on by a rogue was a terrifying experience. Now it's like.. eh, scatter shot run away and kite.

Depressing to read T.T
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
It's incredibly sad to me that this thread has seen no recognition from Blizz. Rogue's been my main for a good 5-6 years and this is the first time I've honestly had to REROLL just to enjoy playing at all. The fact alone that Blizz pretty much came out and said, "Don't worry, because of our genius new haste to energy system rogues should be up to par with everyone else by the end of the expac", this is EXTREMELY frustrating to me. Every class has been kicked while they were down but good rogues usually had the wits to find ways to utilize what they had and have fun through the nerfs. However, this is just pathetic. And what's unnerving is it's been pathetic for two months now without any real 'light at the end of the tunnel' signs for improvement. I can honestly say as a rogue player I feel insignificant, and ignored by the devs.
Don't worry though! 5.1 came out surely they fixed us.
Reduced two CDs of defensive abilities.
Damage increase on a RANGED ability.
Wound poison does 1/3 more damaged.
And kick reduced to 10 energy?
*ahem*
WE'RE NOT RANGED.
THAT WON'T FIX OUR DAMAGE OUTPUT AT ALL.
WHY IS KICK NOT FREE?

The ideas I LOVED out of this thread:
Remove prep. Fix cooldowns. (YES)
Make step baseline. (YES)
Combine SnD and Recup (YES)
The last one being said, people would surely whine about it. But I'm 100% positive rogues would take a 0.5% or something less heal from recup if we didn't have to keep two incredibly essential buffs up at ALL TIMES in PvP. ESPECIALLY with how ridiculously hard it is to generate combo points right now. (My deepest condolences if you're assass.)

I really hope we at least get a blue post, OP thank you so much for making this thread.
Liked and Sticky'd.
Edited by Twerk on 11/29/2012 5:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Bumping because Solicited likes it when I bump things.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
very well put sir, i agree with you completely.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
11/09/2012 05:31 AMPosted by Solicited
whereas Rogues' cooldown stacking generally involves Shadow blades + one other. Vanish and Shadow dance grant only a small 10% damage increase when stacking both a 3 minute and 1 minute cooldown. Vendetta and Shadow blades stacking have some small synergy together.

lol everyone please actually look at what this guy is saying. Only 10% increased dmg oh wait u can use every ability that u cud in stealth with shadow dance. that means 70k ambushes which u can spam. I play all the classes as well and i love rogues but enough with the tears we are where we should right now. Our defensive abilities are very good i mean look at dks they get globaled in 2s we can stealth and cloak everything except bleeds. We were overpowered in cata and now were just normal not amazing but normal so before you say this guy is a rank 1 realize he probably got it in a patch when rogues where overpowered which they have been a lot. What really needs work is Dk survive,enh viability,spriest healing nerf, and finally mist walker viability in arenas.

so much tears on this forum lol
I hope i made some good points in retaliation to the amount of biased this guy has
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
12/04/2012 04:52 PMPosted by Toxxis
whereas Rogues' cooldown stacking generally involves Shadow blades + one other. Vanish and Shadow dance grant only a small 10% damage increase when stacking both a 3 minute and 1 minute cooldown. Vendetta and Shadow blades stacking have some small synergy together.

lol everyone please actually look at what this guy is saying. Only 10% increased dmg oh wait u can use every ability that u cud in stealth with shadow dance. that means 70k ambushes which u can spam. I play all the classes as well and i love rogues but enough with the tears we are where we should right now. Our defensive abilities are very good i mean look at dks they get globaled in 2s we can stealth and cloak everything except bleeds. We were overpowered in cata and now were just normal not amazing but normal so before you say this guy is a rank 1 realize he probably got it in a patch when rogues where overpowered which they have been a lot. What really needs work is Dk survive,enh viability,spriest healing nerf, and finally mist walker viability in arenas.

I hope i made some good points in retaliation to the amount of biased this guy has

Wow. That's the first time i have seen someone try to dilute a rank 1 achieve lol. Glad yea...but not that. Grats.
Reply Quote
well said ^^
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
Why would you need to stealth to assasinate.. a bear?

Bears are serious business sir.
Haven't you heard all the reports of rogues being mauled by bears while out on picnics?

+1 to OP, very well thought out post. Not sure warriors are the best class to compare to, but idk what would be these days...feral druids?
Edited by Lovélèss on 12/4/2012 10:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Gladiator rogue here. With multiple glad titles among my accounts on rogues

To the "remove prep or remove step from tree" debate.
Honestly prep/step is the reason blizz has screwed us over in CDs lately. A lot of the increased CDs are renewed with Prep so blizz wanted to extend the Cds to account for using them twice in a short period. Even though prep is a talent CHOICE and not baseline

My counter arguement.
Remove both prep and step from the tree. Remove prep from the game and make step baseline. lower CDs to account for the removal of prep from the game (Vanish 1-2 min/cloak 1 min/evasion 1-2 min/and lower step CD to 20 seconds).

This*

Remove prep from the game. Shorten the CD's on our skills to make them viable again.
Edited by Silvaryus on 12/5/2012 11:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
prep and step should be baseline... period.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Because, PvP without rogue isn't interesting. Rogues are a designated PvP class. Why would you need to stealth to assasinate.. a bear?

Assassin's Creed 3. You assassinate bears. It is glorious.
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 04:52 PMPosted by Toxxis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0&list=FLlpGxJECahcn6gKdXaw-8ZA&index=35
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]