That embarassing moment...

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
realizie
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
11/12/2012 12:39 PMPosted by Mattrose
I stepped into Well of Eternity with my fishing pole. No wonder I couldn't get off a swing against the Fel-Guard :P

I did this back in BC for half of Kara as a hunter. Raid Lead was not a happy camper when she realized it [before I did]. Almost got kicked out for a pug that night >.>
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
When you are mad at the tanks who can't hold aggro on the trash before stone guard, then realize you are in frost spec but blood presence (had been to keep aggro when doing dailies with friends).
Or when you go to fish but hit the wrong keybind and use a potion instead. There went more gold down the drain. Duh!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Early days of BC doing Kara, on my hunter (former main), I used to use an assist pet attack macro to ensure I was attacking the tanks target. Normaly not a problem.

The issue came about clearing the room before Moroes, when the tanks would be at the top of the stairs and the rest of the raid down the stairs.

Tank tab targets, occasionally tab picks up a mob in another group. No issue for the tank, but if my timings off I hit my macro and watch in horror as my pet charges past the tank and pulls half the room and wipes the raid. Happened two weeks in a row, binned the macro.

The tank/rl/gm's comment in vent was gold however "WTF Winter, now your managing to pull mobs you can't even see to wipe the raid"
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
So this one has happened to me several times since Mists came out on my warrior tank...

...when you pull a boss in a raid, only to have a healer get aggro four seconds into the fight. So you taunt, and then it goes to a melee DPS after the taunt wears off. And you cant figure out why. Raid wipes. So we rez, set up, and I pull again, same thing happens. I start going insane about why the hell I cant hold threat. Is my weapon broken?
Two more pulls. Similar results.
My entire raid stops, spends a minute looking at my character, asking me things...

Me: "Im sorry guys, I have no idea what is going on, I have all my spells right where-- Oh. Ooooh. Im an idiot."
Co-Tank: "...Roe, are you in--"
Me: "Yes. I was in battle stance... damnit."

That was embarassing. Even more so since its happened again on occasion. But now thats the first thign I check! Damn action bars not being stance specific! :P

A similar incident happened to a former guild leader playing his Death Knight at the end of Wrath when the spec changes occurred. He was tanking a 5-man and having a rough go at it. He couldn't hold threat to save his life and it was causing all sorts of issues. So I went over his toon with him. Gear, stats and spec all checked out fine. So I asked him what presence he was in.

Him: Frost
Me: Hold up a second, you're tanking in FROST presence?
Him: Yeah... oh wait, they got changed didn't they?

Yup, prior to the change the Frost presence was the tanking presence but was changed to Blood after the cata spec change. The poor guy forgot that memo.

And incidents like this is why there's tab in the spell selection called "What has changed?" XD
Reply Quote
29 Goblin Shaman
I'm just happy when the group is understanding to you being an idiot for a second.

On mouseovers: Google Mistweaver macros. That should get your research started. Most of them you can copy right off the internet and paste into your macro box. Then tweak as desired.

Here's my Greater Heal macro on my Disc. Ran out of room for a proper "show tooltip":

#show Greater Heal
/run SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX", "0")
/cast Inner Focus
/cast Power Infusion
/run SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX", "1")
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear(); UIErrorsFrame:Show()
/cast [target=mouseover,help][help][target=player] Greater Heal

PW:S

#showtooltip Power Word: Shield
/run SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX", "0")
/cast Lifeblood
/run SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX", "1")
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear(); UIErrorsFrame:Show()
/cast [target=mouseover,help][help][target=player] Power Word: Shield

Buffs:

#showtooltip Inner Will
/castsequence [target=player] Power Word: Fortitude, Inner Will

That makes it so I can just hit the same button twice at the beginning of each run to buff the group and rebuff myself.

But 90% of them look like this:

#showtooltip Pain Suppression
/cast [target=mouseover,help][help][target=player] Pain Suppression

You can get rid of pain suppression and insert whatever spell you want. Just spell it right!
Edited by Decider on 11/12/2012 7:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Forget you're the tank in the dungeon...so you wait...everyone waits.

Then you realize.

I'm more shocked that an impatient DPS didn't pull for you! :O
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I'll do you one better.

That embarassing moment when...

You just remembered you turned off party chat because previous group was annoying, and you're wondering why you are having to use so many self-heals to stay alive after charging into huge groups of people... you realize the problema nd turn on party chat... to...

"TANK PLS SLOW DOWN!"
"...."
"tank... still need that respec."
"TANK SLOW DOWN IM IN ELEMENTAL!"
"Tank slow down pls :)"
"Tank just a sec, in elemental"
"Need respec hang on guys."

Then you post. "oh jesus im so sorry man, i ddnt have party chat turned on, there was a troll in my last group!"

:)

Poor healer, lol. That's terrible. Sounds like everyone remained civil though. I'm impressed ;)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
...when you pull agro off your raid main tank, die and then realize you were in defensive stance
Reply Quote
11/10/2012 07:35 AMPosted by Zargol
I think I'd be more embarrassed to admit I click on people to heal them.

I am not ashamed to click people. I am a good healer in dungeons and I don't raid. I am a clicker.

mouse over macros to the rescue! try them, they're easy to make.
Reply Quote
76 Pandaren Shaman
It wasn't my embarassment, but it was a really funny moment for someone else:

You know that trampoline quest in Nagrand where you get the 3 air gas, turn in and in old days you'd have to use the trampoline to jump to top of tree and click the eggs and then kill the big bird? Well yesterday, I had gotten the 3 air gases and went to turn in and there was a fellow Horde using the trampoline. So I watch him for at least 5 failed jumps and start to laugh. I do a /s: "I can help you with that" and he says "How", so I mount up on my FLYER and sit there.

He's just standing there and says nothing. I'm assuming they are waiting for me to tell him the big secret to get to the top of the tree. I do a /wave and a /poke. He turns around and gets back on the trampoline and jumps again and misses, I'm laughing a ton behind the screen. After a few more tries, I fly up to top of tree, click egg, invite him and we kill the bird. After looting they finally got it! He says in /p chat: "OMG, I feel like an idiot!" That made the rest of my day!
Edited by Garfunkel on 11/13/2012 5:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
Tried to solo Whale Shark to only be 2 shotted.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
omg omg IM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO DOES THIS?!?!?! whew i thought it was just me. Now i feel normal, thank you
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I forget what i went there for in real life!! its called old age, lol, but I have done that alot, and whats worse, is realize you took the wrong portal and are waaaay far from where you needed to be with no way to get back but take a boat because your hearth is on cd, arrrrrg, and your party is waiting for you
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
When I panicked in a dungeon because I picked a herb and the tank died because I was healing myself like crazy and not him! I could not figure out why i was not healing and spammed everything I had....On myself! O.o
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Don't know how many times I've used chain heal on someone standing by their-self. (Before the glyph.)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
When you try to dps in your healing spec <,<
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
/blush
i never realized that mousovers would work on frames... i couldnt gather how in the hell ppl can mouseover heal... I go with Healbot.. however it sometimes doesn't switch over fast enough after spec change and then for the whole fight i only have healing surge... and then i click... lol
Reply Quote
When you run back to raid after wipe on boss, start the fight again, and 2 minutes later realize your pet is dead and you forgot to rez....X(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]