That embarassing moment...

90 Gnome Warrior
11/10/2012 07:40 AMPosted by Meiqun
That embarrassing moment when you're fighting someone and you've been practically face-rolling your keyboard for the past 3-5 seconds because NONE of your abilities are working and then you realize you were typing in the chat box...

wwwwwwwwwwwwww

Forgetting to switch out of Defensive Stance after tanking always wins the crowds.

Of mobs, that is.

QFT

I tend to go defensive stance for scenarios and after getting out of one and into a heroic the tanks are always so terrible... then I realize that I'm an idiot.
Reply Quote
10 Undead Warrior
11/10/2012 07:33 AMPosted by Nybling
I think I'd be more embarrassed to admit I click on people to heal them.

If you're not clicking on people (on their raid frame), then you're relying on addons or mouseover macro's to heal -- which will never be as precise as targeting people with your mouse with one hand and healing with your key-binds with your other hand.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
..You go to fight Rag in Cata with a fishing pole...
...MULTIPLE times...
...to the point all guildies always enter raids with "NAY MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR STAFF!"..
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior

You should be embarrassed that you're not good enough at the game to be able to click on people to heal them. Mocking other people for not adhering to your play style doesn't make you a good player, fyi....it just makes you an idiot.

You literally cannot have the same reaction time clicking the player and then healing.

lets compare the two. With mouseover macros, keybound, all you have to do to heal someone is have your mouse over their unit frame, press the assigned key, and a heal goes out. You don't need to target anyone. one button press, very little mouse aiming required. A second heal can go out to an additional target easily in the next global.

Compare this to clicking. First you have to aim your mouse over the unit frame, just the same as aforementioned. but then you need to click, move your mouse down to your action bars, find the heal you want, aim over it, click it, and then move back up to the unit frame to select the next target. Drastically inefficient. I'm not condoning being rude to anyone on the forums, but please do have your facts strait. Mouseovers (w/ keybinds) are vastly superior to clicking spells. This is not an opinion, this is a demonstrable fact.
Reply Quote
I dont like mouseover macros because I use my mouse to look around and move, so I need it to be in different places while still healing someone. Cant use multiple keybinds for a non-mouseover and a mouseover skill since I am already running out of reachable keybinds (including shift, ctrl, alt key combos) couldn't imagine having more...

But I definitely have pressed F1 to select myself, and pressed it twice fast on accident, targeting my shadowfiend instead (on my priest, clearly) and starting healing him while im dying. Yeah... happened a few times :p

That moment when you Pain Suppression your shadowfiend while you are being focused by 2 dps...
Edited by Vongimii on 11/10/2012 1:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
11/10/2012 12:46 PMPosted by Seneselina
I think I'd be more embarrassed to admit I click on people to heal them.

If you're not clicking on people (on their raid frame), then you're relying on addons or mouseover macro's to heal -- which will never be as precise as targeting people with your mouse with one hand and healing with your key-binds with your other hand.

I don't quite understand what you mean. Mouseover macros work with unit frames as well as actual characters. You can use mouseovers the same way as you described, without the additional step of clicking the unit before the heal is cast.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
...when you forget you switched your Distract and Smoke Bomb hotkeys.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
hm. i click people to heal them on my shammy and im nearly always number 1 on healing done. probably mostly because shammies are just awesome healers though.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
11/10/2012 12:06 PMPosted by Rygarius
...when you heal the Hunter or Warlock's pet instead.

...when your pet dies on Imperial Vizier Zor'lok because it gets there first.
Reply Quote
Forgetting to change out of roleplay gear when entering a dungeon and then wondering why your DPS is so low.

At least you look good while doing so.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
That embarrassing moment when you kill a man just to watch him die...
...and realize you're not Johnny Cash....

11/10/2012 12:06 PMPosted by Rygarius
...when you heal the Hunter or Warlock's pet instead.

Gah that's funny you mention that.
When I play my hunter I hate it when people heal my pet.
Everytime they do I just think "nooooo that's a waste of mana, I can mend it, save your mana for other stuff!!!"
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
... You're the only one wondering why people are too stubborn to improve the way they play and are afraid to be awesome at the game because they "don't raid"...
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Shamans still exist?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Use mouse-over macros and this won't happen as often!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
11/10/2012 01:00 PMPosted by Microscope
Compare this to clicking. First you have to aim your mouse over the unit frame, just the same as aforementioned. but then you need to click, move your mouse down to your action bars, find the heal you want, aim over it, click it, and then move back up to the unit frame to select the next target. Drastically inefficient. I'm not condoning being rude to anyone on the forums, but please do have your facts strait. Mouseovers (w/ keybinds) are vastly superior to clicking spells. This is not an opinion, this is a demonstrable fact.

Not exactly. That's clicking, sure, but I don't recall them mentioning that they clicked the spells as well. Though if they did, feel free to hit me with the derpstick.

I, personally, click the frames then use a keybound heal. I don't like using any of the addons, so I settle for click 'n' bind. Works fine enough, but hey, I'm not a raider. Could have just as well meant that.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Paladin
11/10/2012 11:38 AMPosted by Loodgookin
I was on my monk in raid, and I have roll bound to R (creative eh? lol). We were waiting on another healer to get back from being afk, and I went to whisper my friend back. I THOUGHT I hit /r, but apparently the / didn't register... and I roll right into a pack of trash.

Haha, your entire post, I have done except for that. Swap it out with charge and then we are gtg. Can we be friends.

WE SURE CAN! You can never have too many friends!!! <3
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
That embarrassing moment when I tunnel on stone guard and pop everything on a solo dog.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
11/10/2012 01:21 PMPosted by Chira
I, personally, click the frames then use a keybound heal. I don't like using any of the addons, so I settle for click 'n' bind. Works fine enough, but hey, I'm not a raider. Could have just as well meant that.

Likewise, and it works just fine in raids. XPerl is my only healy friend. =)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
The moment you realize you have been healing your Water Elemental instead of DPSing your actual target. Sadly I do it all the time >.>
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]