That embarassing moment...

2 Blood Elf Hunter
11/10/2012 01:00 PMPosted by Microscope
You literally cannot have the same reaction time clicking the player and then healing.

Yes, you actually can.

When I heal I will normally have my next target selected and know what heal I will throw out before the GCD/cast is over for my previous spell. There is no way any mouseovers or addons can go faster than that. With the way PvE works it is very easy to predict when and who you are going to need to heal next.

PvP however, they do help majorly. But this seems to be a thread mainly about PvE. At least the ones who are talk about clicking.

Edit: Sorry, but to be more on topic:

I've mainly done most of what's been said in here but am the worse when it came to keeping a fishing pole on.

*Spam heals friend tank wondering why they seem squishier than normal... throughout the entire instance.*

I've even ran several dungeons before realizing it... <.<
Edited by Lilinette on 11/10/2012 1:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
55 Worgen Warrior
Tanking and not auto attacking the mobs so anyone who is assisting you isn't attacking either.

Have done that a few times.
Reply Quote
- Hearthstone
97 Tauren Paladin
I'll do you one better.

That embarassing moment when...

You just remembered you turned off party chat because previous group was annoying, and you're wondering why you are having to use so many self-heals to stay alive after charging into huge groups of people... you realize the problema nd turn on party chat... to...

"TANK PLS SLOW DOWN!"
"...."
"tank... still need that respec."
"TANK SLOW DOWN IM IN ELEMENTAL!"
"Tank slow down pls :)"
"Tank just a sec, in elemental"
"Need respec hang on guys."

Then you post. "oh jesus im so sorry man, i ddnt have party chat turned on, there was a troll in my last group!"

:)

Then don't turn off chat. If you got kicked, it would be your fault. When you come across an undesirable player in chat, you report them. Reporting a player blocks them for the duration of your login, like a temporary ignore. Turning off chat, especially as a tank or healer, is irresponsible.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Spec into healing for the first time.
Walk into your first heroic.
Group wipes on first pull.

..Damn you Stonecore.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
When im in arena healing my friend who is at 100% Hp And i die... forgot to hold down alt =(

(Holding down alt will cast spells on you>who your target is)
Reply Quote
91 Tauren Druid
throwing a cyclone up on a warrior that has reflect up.....

typically happens when warrior puts reflect up at the same time i try to instant cyclone him.
Reply Quote
- Hearthstone
97 Tauren Paladin
11/10/2012 01:00 PMPosted by Microscope
This is not an opinion, this is a demonstrable fact.

So 10 million players have the exact same UI and the exact same playstyle? Clicking versus hover is purely playstyle and opinion. Think of homerow keys in typing. I can type faster pecking than some people I know who have used homerow keys for years. It's muscle memory. Some players click heal faster than hover healing.
Reply Quote
91 Tauren Druid
Has anyone attacked their own team mate while they were mind controlled in an arena? and is brave enough to admit it? :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/10/2012 01:46 PMPosted by Pawnzerkin
Has anyone attacked their own team mate while they were mind controlled in an arena? and is brave enough to admit it? :)

Not in Arena, but RatedBGs... *cough* {◕ ◡ ◕}
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
When you zone in to a dungeon in your healing gear, and assume you must be in your healing spec as well, only most of your healing keybinds are working! So you frantically spam the ones that work while watching your mana drop like a stone... and then meekly type into party chat "Um, sec guys, I need to respec..."
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
That embarrassing moment when you, as a Hunter/engineer, drop from high up in the sky with the intent of gliding safely to the ground via your Goblin glider... only to realize after you cancel your flying mount that you're wearing your fishing duds and do not have your cloak equipped... and all you can do is watch as you drop like a rock into the countryside below.

Happened to me this morning. >_<
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
11/10/2012 07:30 AMPosted by Zargol
When you realizie you have been healing your totem because you accidentally clicked on it instead of the tank...

... or when you've been kidding around about misdirecting to the healer, and next thing you know, you've cast MD on him.
Reply Quote
70 Gnome Warlock
11/10/2012 01:43 PMPosted by Palaurus
This is not an opinion, this is a demonstrable fact.

So 10 million players have the exact same UI and the exact same playstyle? Clicking versus hover is purely playstyle and opinion. Think of homerow keys in typing. I can type faster pecking than some people I know who have used homerow keys for years. It's muscle memory. Some players click heal faster than hover healing.

It's purely a numbers game.

Clicking your target, then clicking your spell is 2 clicks+movement.

Hovering is just 1 button, and movement.

Clicking entirely isn't THAT big of a deal, it's just slightly slower, Slows your reaction time, along with a few other issues related to immersion, hardware issues, and increases chance of human error, etc.

Doing less to get the same result is always better.

Click if you want - I know healers in heroic level raiding guilds who click. Hover if you want - most good healers do this. Just know that clicking makes the game much more difficult. It makes you a less efficient healer. It makes you a less efficient Dps, It makes you a less efficient tank.

Play how you want, but if you want to be a serious raider, or pvper - I highly suggest learning all methods, getting comfortable with all methods, and THEN choosing which one best suits you.

OT: When you're spamming your buttons......and then your rocket gloves(linked to your 1 ability) decides to shoot...after the fights over...auto targetting that raid boss..way over there.. >.>
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
11/10/2012 01:50 PMPosted by Righteousqt

Not in Arena, but RatedBGs... *cough* {◕ ◡ ◕}

That happens.

Back when I was grinding to HWL, I killed one of my team mates. He didn't fight back because he figured it was more important for me to stay alive than him.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
or heal the DK's worms?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
When your tank and healing gear is transmogged exactly the same and you were out questing, queue pops you swap specs, but can't understand why your mana isn't that good. Then you realize, you're in tank gear still.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Nyx
Not technically my own, but the shaman healer in our raid group doesn't frequent forums often. Back in t11 she would have hex and bloodlust next to each other on her bars, and sometimes on BOT trash when asked to hex she would lust instead.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Accidently clicking a mob or boss that the tank is fighting and it taking me 2 or 3 heals and frantic wonderings on "why isnt his health going up" then it dawns "OH H LL, I clicked the fripping boss".
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]