That embarassing moment...

100 Night Elf Hunter
...when you guard four alluring crops at once, thinking that Bladestorm is going to make this easy.
Disarmed....disarmed....disarmed....disarmed....dead. On your farm. :(

11/10/2012 02:04 PMPosted by Ruithneadh
When your tank and healing gear is transmogged exactly the same and you were out questing, queue pops you swap specs, but can't understand why your mana isn't that good. Then you realize, you're in tank gear still.

I did that one yesterday. I spend half the instance staring at my Feral staff and wondering why I felt weak...
Reply Quote
When you can't figure out why you're healing is so low, then someone points out you're in DPS gear... Stupid normalized mana. >:|

EDIT: Awe someone kinda did this already.
Edited by Tanooki on 11/10/2012 2:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
25 Goblin Shaman
Posted by Nybling
I think I'd be more embarrassed to admit I click on people to heal them.

You should be embarrassed that you're not good enough at the game to be able to click on people to heal them. Mocking other people for not adhering to your play style doesn't make you a good player, fyi....it just makes you an idiot.

Wow... I mocked other people? And you're somehow better than I am?

Check a mirror, kid. And lighten up a little.

Incidentally... "Not good enough at the game" to play in a way I find horribly inefficient and accident-prone? OK, sure, have it your way. I'm not good enough to play badly, and that makes me an idiot.

If someone figures out the logic there, let me know.
Edited by Nybling on 11/10/2012 2:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
11 Goblin Shaman
That embarrassing moment when...

...After healing a dungeon you remember to switch your spec back to ret but not your gear. Four quest mobs later, that each took 5 minutes to kill and most of your health, the nice warrior that keeps saving you has to be the one to whisper that your gear is wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
...when you feral charge to pull the Spirit Kings. The first guy's cleave hurts a little bit when your group isn't there to help soak up damage :D
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
...when you click on the wrong (stacked) enemy health bar in a dungeon and pull an extra set of mobs.
Instant ranged attacks aren't always a good thing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
When you accidentally use a death rune for a heart strike or blood boil because your blood rune was just getting off CD...and you have to wait for another deathstrike -_-
Reply Quote
2 Blood Elf Hunter
Just know that clicking makes the game much more difficult. It makes you a less efficient healer. It makes you a less efficient Dps, It makes you a less efficient tank.

No, it doesn't at all.

As I stated in my previous post it makes near to no difference, if any at all, between hovering and clicking. Saying it makes it "much more difficult" is a highly over exaggerated statement.

In PvE you have more than enough reaction time to be able to click between having to move, having global cooldowns and cast times.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
you try to tank the bear druid on old ZA
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
When you realize that you, yes you, were the idiot who pulled Garalon while everyone was still recovering from the last wipe. Apparently, cleaning your bluetooth keyboard while raiding without first turning it off is a bonehead move. Omg, I deserve to be slapped,
Edited by Oreally on 11/10/2012 4:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
I've healed wrong targets before and wondered why the tank was dying >.<

I have Lust on I and well... I tend to type sometimes with the chat closing on me.

;_; I hate setting it off on accident on trash.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
When your raid is taking a bathroom/stretch/snack break in a raid and you accidentally click the wrong button and here comes the boss as the door closes and the raid wipes.
Edited by Åspie on 11/10/2012 6:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
My bubble HS got dispelled in midle of cast.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
In the original version of Zul Gurub, we were about to wipe on one of the bosses. A paladin tried to save one of the healers/rezzers with Divine Intervention, but accidentally DI'd a hunters pet instead.

Years later, we still laugh about that raid.

Except for the part where I lost the roll for the raptor mount :(
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
more embarassing to run as tank in 3 heroics and find out after=== you have your fishing pole equipped and not one person said a thing...

:)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
>Pop your biggest damage CDs.
>Start spamming HARD for teh leet deeps.
>Wonder "Why the hell am I not doing anything?"
>See in chatbox, 13143214218759428y7215215qwqfwrgrwg
>Realize what's wrong... right as the CDs wear off.

Facedesk for eternity.

This, done this numerous times.
Reply Quote
70 Gnome Warlock
11/10/2012 03:49 PMPosted by Lilinette
Just know that clicking makes the game much more difficult. It makes you a less efficient healer. It makes you a less efficient Dps, It makes you a less efficient tank.

No, it doesn't at all.

As I stated in my previous post it makes near to no difference, if any at all, between hovering and clicking. Saying it makes it "much more difficult" is a highly over exaggerated statement.

In PvE you have more than enough reaction time to be able to click between having to move, having global cooldowns and cast times.

It takes someone roughly ~.5 seconds. That's the average .3 second reaction time, + the .1-.2 seconds to move their mouse, from 1 point to another. Now take someone who ENTIRELY clicks. That same .3 seconds of human reaction time, + .2 seconds to move their mouse to the very bottom of the screen, + the .2 seconds to move their mouse to the very top of the screen, completely assuming they do this perfect everytime, otherwise you might have to factor in that human reaction time again. We're looking at a full .8 - 1.2 seconds from the time that person a becomes damaged enough to alert the healer, til the point at which the healer heals.

You're around double the time on average it takes a 'hoverer' to react. This is of course assuming nothing else is happening - in which this clicker would have to spend some of that 1.2 seconds left+right clicking in order to move out of whatever it is they need to move out of.

If you agree they should be using WASD(Possibly QE) for moving, then I can't possibly see why you say people should click their spells and their targets.

Now clicking the people ONLY still adds between 50-100 MS(before personal lag), but that's still 10-20% over hoverers, but that's not what I was discussing. I'm talking about the keyboard turning, Mouse running, 100% mouse clicking, got nothing hot keyed people.

And hey, you're free to play how you want to play. Nothing wrong with being a 100% clicker, keyboard turning mouse running got nothing hot keyed person. Just know you're making it harder on yourself. :)
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
    Accidentally tab targeting and pulling another group that my group can avoid, FD then it goes on the healer and possible wipes us. haha.

Equipping a 60 sword or fishing pole and curious, why aren't I shooting?

Having low lvl or RP items on and forgetting you have it on until after I notice it, especially if it's a Neck, Ring, Trinkets that aren't on use, and Helm/cloak that is hidden. Usually notice after a raid or BG or if I'm called out about it

Chatbox spammed with wwwssssaaaddd, oh that was fun in Molten Core! wwwwsssddd OH CRAP I killed the raid. ...I didn't do it

Misdirecting my pet or someone else that I thought was the tank, but wasn't..Mostly the leader of the grps as usually they are the tanks.

My vent key right next to my Windows troll button, that's so fun that I now play in Windowed full screen mode, still annoying nonetheless.

Disengaging by accident or on purpose with Glider/Parachute off of something.

Edit of the above posters of 'clicking': Ps, yeah I'm a half clicker/half macro person as well, by clicking on the macros of course, I'm near always top DPS and get out of bad stuff asap, as long as my chat box isn't open while moving with the wsad keys (used to be Up/down/Left/Right, thanks GW2). So it really depends who is doing what and how good their hand/eye coordination is as well.
Remember, We are humans, except the bots, so play however is comfortable for you, ye can always get better but if your not comfortable, don't do it, it is your money anyways not other's, unless your purposely failing and wiping everyone else's money away in Raiding, that is a different story.
Edited by Thorinkiller on 11/10/2012 5:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Over tabbing in a mad panic.

tab no, tab no, tab no, tab yes, tab no, ugh! why did I hit tab again?! tab no!, tab no!, tab yes, tab no, uggghh!!!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Disengaging Off Lumber mill :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]