Best Way to Level Up?

90 Human Priest
Just a thought, what's better.
Questing or Dungeon Leveling?
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Yes.

Do you like questing ? Then level via questing.
Do you like dungeons ? Then do dungeons.
Do you like PvP ? Then do BGs

It's all about what you like because if you decide to level doing something you don't like then you won't make it to 90 as you will get bored / give up before then.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
The best way is to always be in the que for random dungeons while questing. That way your not wasting your time waiting for a dungeon que (because they give amazing xp) make sure you get the quests in the dungeons if they are available, also make sure that you don't panic if a dungeon quest isn't complete, most likely you will run the dungeon again soon.
Edited by Darkbargains on 11/10/2012 2:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
11/10/2012 02:05 PMPosted by Darkbargains
The best way is to always be in the que for random dungeons while questing. That way your not wasting your time waiting for a dungeon que (because they give amazing xp) make sure you get the quests in the dungeons if they are available, also make sure that you don't panic if a dungeon quest isn't complete, most likely you will run the dungeon again soon.

Pretty much this in a nutshell. Ive done about 6 characters like this. Do all the quests and que up for a dungeon while waiting, and if your playing a tank capable class, then your going to be getting insta-ques out the a** if you spec and stay tank.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Quests give the most xp.
Farming mobs in dungeons are not as good as quest xp.
Quest and only do the dungeons for the quests inside.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
1 get full boa and stay in citys as much a possible for rested xp

2 do all the dungeons you HAVENT completed the quest's in 1 by 1

3 Once in cata normals you will probably already have replaced your looms but equip all of your 80 looms when turning in a dungeon quest

4 once you run out of cata dungeons you havent done quest untill your 85 and remember to equip 80 boa when turning a quest in

5 once 85 disgard all your looms and buy a full set of pandaria greens

6 quest in pandaria to 90

This is the fastest way to level possible if you dident know dungeon quest's give much much more xp then normal quest's
Edited by Dreamos on 11/10/2012 2:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
i personally like to do high level dungeons but stay back for the most part and share the party xp + gold
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
IMO the best way to level is a combination of dungeons bgs and pet battles.

Dungeons and pet battles are the fastest but I can't sit doing them for 3 hours. Alterac valley gives less xp but it is still decent and it is a nice change of pace.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
I, personally, recommend questing only if you're looking for speed. If you're a healer or tank, you may be able to level faster via queues, but as a dps, questing is a breeze.

The issue I have with queuing for dungeons/bgs AND questing with heirlooms is that you quickly outlevel your zone. So then you're running back to town to hit a flight path back to org to get the next hero's call, then your queue pops. Run that dungeon and you gain a level or two, grab the heros call. Catch the FP back to the nearest town and start your run to the next hub. Queue pops again, another level or two and bam, outlevel the area again.

So even if you're gonna bg/dungeon run as a dps, i recommend just sitting in a main town and maybe pet battling to pass the time. It'll net you some small xp and you won't waste time running all over for little to no reason.
Reply Quote
55 Dwarf Death Knight
Scroll of Rez (instant 85)

RAF

Full Heirlooms + DMF buff while leveling (questing/dungeons).

Just wait for WOD and get ONE instant 90 automagically.
Edited by Cabal on 12/20/2013 6:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I like to quest while queuing. I try to get every dungeon once to do those quests, too, you get blues for rewards from at least one quest in every instance.
Reply Quote
95 Human Paladin
Questing gives more exp than dungeons. The only time you do a dungeon is if you can do the quests for that dungeon. If you've already done the quests for that dungeon, then the xp/hour is slower than questing.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Questing is faster exp than dungeons, especially because dungeons depend on other people. You can waste a lot of time in a dungeon if people don't know what they're doing or where they're going, or you have a tank or healer go AFK. However, queuing for a dungeon once in a while can be a welcome break from questing.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Trick question;

The best way to level is the way you best enjoy at the rate you are enjoying it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Just a thought, what's better.
Questing or Dungeon Leveling?

The answer is Yes.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Trick question;

The best way to level is the way you best enjoy at the rate you are enjoying it.

I agree with this.

If you meant fastest though, dungeon queues while leveling is the correct answer.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Do whichever you feel like at the time. The more fun you have, the less you will be staring at that blue bar like someone watching their pot of water on the stove wondering when it will finally start to boil.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Tanking & dungeons, that's the fastest way. Queue times are practically nil.
Reply Quote
41 Night Elf Hunter
In my opinion if you like doing quests then just go around and search for quests but if you like PVP stick to doing BG's if you like doing dungens stick to dungens!
Have fun lvling
-Wowfreaks
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
me and my friend have leveled two 90's each this way. (each within a week) RAF-recruit a friend (heads up u will be a little under-geared till higher levels) and dungeon till 80, this will take 2-3 days of playing. when you hit 80, go to the underwater area quest+dungeon till 85 this will take a day or two if you play right, then go quest in pandaria only doing dungeons for the quests (hint RAF stops after you hit 85.) the 85 to 90 will take 1-2 days depending on how hardcore of a gamer you are (89-90 is sooooooo easy) :) hope this helps
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]