Paladin's get CC'd for Days

90 Human Paladin
Only CC i cant stand is fear.

For the one and only reason it puts us at HUGE distance away and we have no gap closer.

Paladins arnt supposed to be afraid of demons & antichrist stuff? wtf?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
" is quotation mark.
was using it as a way to display the example. if that's what you were getting at Elidra.

No, that's not it at all. For some reason you seem to have apostrophes where I assume you're trying to write a plural, and then one in "agrees", even, for some unfathomable reason.

Is English your third language?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
11/12/2012 03:00 PMPosted by Lokthen
jk dark regen + pet sac.

jk warrior blanket silence on a 15s cooldown + shockwave. dead in the DR'd stun. All melee have a way to break fear on top of the trinket. If anything, those ways should be removed. Either that or all casters should randomly get a button that makes them immune to stuns (jk, only mages have one).

Point is, pally burst is already insane enough to kill any fear capable class without having an additional fear break. You have a guardian that CANNOT be CC'd for crying out loud. Many times I feared a paladin with full cooldowns up only to die to his guardian anyway.

Point is, pally burst is already insane enough to kill any fear capable class without having an additional fear break. You have a guardian that CANNOT be CC'd for crying out loud. Many times I feared a paladin with full cooldowns up only to die to his guardian anyway.

Many times I feared a paladin with full cooldowns up only to die to his guardian anyway.

only to die to his guardian anyway.

PFFFT AHAHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHA
Wut.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
@Elidra

ahh ok that wasn't directed at me then it was for the OP. my bad :)

(didn't think the OP had any apostrophes)
Reply Quote

For the one and only reason it puts us at HUGE distance away and we have no gap closer.

This always causes cognitive dissonance in me. It wasn't so bad back when we could talent a 30% duration reduction, but with that gone...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
ret is a little too susceptible to CC, but oh well what can you do
Reply Quote
Run round in a mob with all your Ret friends and blind them to death with your hair! That's what!
Reply Quote
67 Human Paladin
Being new to the Ret game, i do feel like we have very little to compete with CCs. Then to rub some salt in it, they are saying our heals should be super-nerfed. Hey, if we can only get a single heal off between prolonged periods of CCs, it better be a big one.

You'll never see a fat paladin.... because we are always running behind our targets.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Position yourself better.

Didn't work?

Have your teammates peel while CC'd.

Sacrifice.

Didn't work/got purged/spell stolen?

Have your teammates peel.

Teammates suck?

Find new ones, play a cleave comp (feral/warrior or enhance/warrior) Shamans work really well with Paladins, Tremor totem/Grounding/Shear.

Being a Holy Paladin is all about LoS and positioning, max range, the only reason you should be out is to HoJ/Repentance and while doing so your DPS needs to sit on their kill target so they can't CC you.

Warlock insta-fear and psyfiend will just happen, make sure your team knows to go defensive during these if you have nothing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Agree here completely, not just because of the fluff for what a Pally is, but the simple mechanics of that CC.

1 - You lose control of your character
2 - You RUN FROM COMBAT, very often towards stupid ledges and precarious positions
2 - You can be damaged all the while.

So even once you break fear, you have to reclose the gap (avoiding slows) and not be hit by yet another fear.

Since you are no longer in close combat, you lose out on countering with both your rebuke and blinding light, leaving only your HoJ as the option which is already (at best) on a 30 second cooldown or you can technically 'blow' your Bubble to reclose the gap? O.o

By FAR fear is the most overpowered CC in the game for any melee class to counter because of this triple whammy effect.

No other CC in the game does this which is why so many of the strongest PvP teams & classes atm all have fear feature strongly in their lineup.
Edited by Mogràm on 11/14/2012 6:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
92 Orc Warlock
By FAR FEAR is the most overpowered CC in the game.

And by far is the most breakable using non-trinket means. It breaks on damage. There's racial abilities that break it (will of the forsaken), there's class abilities for yourself (lichborne/zerker rage), that work on allies (tremor totem), there's magic dispels, there's immunity to it (AMS, cloak of shadows) etc, etc, etc.

Fear is by no means bad, but the amount of ways to break it, combined with the fact that the classes with fears have NOTHING ELSE except for the fears, makes it ok in my opinion.

Do I think it's unfair to have to kill a paladin twice because he can bubble or LoH? Yes. Do I think it's unfair that if he HoJs me before I can use Dark Bargain I'll probably die because he will pop all CDs and zerg? Absolutely.

But I'd wager most paladins would say that wings/goak and bubble/LoH are fine the way they are. I play a paladin as well and I think they are too.

My point is, it's all a matter of perspective.

11/14/2012 06:18 PMPosted by Mogràm
you have to reclose the gap (avoiding slows)

Avoiding slows is the easiest thing ever for a paladin to do. It's called hand of freedom.
Edited by Lokthen on 11/14/2012 6:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/14/2012 06:27 PMPosted by Lokthen
Avoiding slows is the easiest thing ever for a paladin to do. It's called hand of freedom.

Yeah, completely... Oh wait, it gets insta dispelled or spell stolen making mages our complete counter.

Yes we can Emancipate(dispell slow's/snares) consitently, but then all our globals go to dispelling ourselves and not damaging, on top of all our mana going down the drain. Yes, i can hoj you and kill you in a hoj with all my cd's up and not being peeled, but hey so can an ele, so can a mage frost or fire, so can a warrior.. what i'm trying to say is... SO CAN EVERYOTHER CLASS. My huge burst and my only real defensive CD's are 5m long. you really only get to use it once.

it's simple, paladins need a better gap closer and or a way to get out of fears or have them on a reduced duration. Hell DK's get a fear removal an insane gap closer, AND reduced CC. YIPPIE!
Edited by Schme on 11/23/2012 8:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Shaman's have tremor a great team wide cooldown now why can't us paladins have stun removing freedoms?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Mistweaver Monk's...
Where do I begin? I don't know much about healing monks, but what i do know is they're unkillable if they get stunned. immune to everything for what.. 3 seconds? They also have multiple cc's as well as the spinning kick to dodge CC and or position up well to CC.

We are immune for 2 seconds and seriously, I don't understand all the inane QQ'ing about this. It is TWO SECONDS. You cannot move, you cannot cast. You are effectively stunned still. It only means you have two more seconds not to be CC'd. Get over it.

We have CC's that DR with every single other class out there. I can't root someone because they are immune, I can't paralyze them because they are immune. I eat just as much CC if I don't position myself correctly as all the other paladins out there. And what exactly are you complaining about? You have HoJ/FoJ (repent if you don't have the fist talent), blinding light and bubble. Cry me a freakin river!

Your class is not a special snowflake. There is FAR TOO MUCH cc in this game to make it even fun now. How about advocating the reduction of most of the CC from every class, instead of crying how your class is the woe-be-me that doesn't have a handful of CC.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Stoicism:

2minute CD

no mana cost

Ret/prot

You negate the next fear used upon you within the next six seconds.

Not sure if this is all that necessary or not but I just thought it up while reading, would be nice to have.

I'd rather have an ability that breaks fears so that the next one is DR'd and not so bad.

Fear is our worst nightmare. Especially ret's. We're out in the open and just eat way too much CC.

Fear is annoying for everyone. It's just a retarded and OP mechanic. Nothing that prevents you from moving should be able to be used on you three times in a row before diminishing returns stops it from working... not to mention you can be attacked while being feared as well.

It's a myth damage breaks fear. I've had entire armies beat on my while I was feared and it didn't break. Diminishing Returns needs to be buffed dramatically on this game, and all forms of movement impairing effects need to share the same penalty. IN other words, you get feared ONCE, you should be immune to ALL movement impairing effects afterwards for at least the next 30 seconds. That would make this game 10 times better.

Right now CC is just insanely OP. I literally had this group of horde completely dominate a tower in a BG by just chain CCing me. It was ridiculous, and I was literally helpless and they didn't even bother to attack me.
Edited by Brotherdale on 11/25/2012 12:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
First of all, I don't no about any1 else but I've been finding the break on damage threshold on fears bloody high, dunno if its bugged or not but I've lost 50% of my health before in a priests fear and it didn't break, the duration ended.. Maybe bugged?
Secondly, blood fear... Who ever came up with that idea should get fired.

For holy, fears really arnt that bad because it is about positioning and LoS.
For ret its another can of worms.
We can't rebuke instant fears so any1 who argues that we have an Interupt to use has a mute argument.
Secondly, majority of rets are obviously specced into Long arm of Law as our gap closer because of the uptime with judgement being 1 of main abilities.
However the speed buff often works as a disadvantage against fears because it will cause us to be feared a greater distance away effectively putting us out of the fight for longer- less pressure + longer down time till the next fear/cc.
I'd love to see long arm also give fear immunity for 2 seconds or something.
Fear is defently the bane of ret and we do need some counter or breaking ability other than trinket or a 5min cd on bubble.
Edited by Daemonic on 11/25/2012 2:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

We are immune for 2 seconds and seriously, I don't understand all the inane QQ'ing about this. It is TWO SECONDS. You cannot move, you cannot cast. You are effectively stunned still. It only means you have two more seconds not to be CC'd. Get over it.

We have CC's that DR with every single other class out there. I can't root someone because they are immune, I can't paralyze them because they are immune. I eat just as much CC if I don't position myself correctly as all the other paladins out there. And what exactly are you complaining about? You have HoJ/FoJ (repent if you don't have the fist talent), blinding light and bubble. Cry me a freakin river!

2 seconds, exactly. Do you know how much damage you negate in a 2 second stun? easily over 100k. That makes you less likely to be a kill target because of that. 75% of all kills happen to a target who is stunned. You're CC does share DR with all other CC's but hey... so does mine. Run with classes that don't use the same DR as your !@#$, or use your CC on targets that have a full CC DR up so you're effective.

You have 2 rolls as a healer to completely avoid CC, as melee you have two rolls as a gap closer. HPAL's drop in stuns, have a much harder time of avoding CC. (don't give me that freedom/ sacrifice %^-*) Every comp runs with a dispeller and more than likely all those abilitys are dispelled off if the team you're playing is half competent.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
rdruids do not always live in stuns thru barkskin. i went frm full health to 0 vs warrior/lock/spriest/mage on occasions. u can probably live thru one person burst but if two of the classes i mentioned strikes u ur gone ususally.

and how does disorienting roar and typhoon help with countering ccs? as in an interrupt? i wudnt stand that close to them as a healer. sprint/stampeding roar to quickly get behind a pillar?

but rshams yes they are very good and ar gettin nerfed

monks u got to be joking me.

hpallys are better than last season atm. the representation gap between hpally and other healers a lot smaller now. in cata rshams wer just kings.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Well, Divine Shield decreases your own damage by 50%. And boy is that a lot. And even popping all CD's with bubble up against a warlock or priest barely nudges their health these days.
Reply Quote
60 Draenei Warrior
You know, after playing warrior, I feel we pallies have got it a little easier when it comes to CC.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]