soloing Kel'thuzad 25?

90 Human Paladin
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has attempted to solo him as a protection paladin and succeeded? And if so then what tactic did you use.

I want the helm that drops off him to update my xmog gear.

Thanks!
Edited by Tuslaw on 11/11/2012 10:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I did it as retribution in pretty close to the gear I have now, replaced a couple pieces since than. I'm not to sure you would have the dps at protection to get the 4 mini bosses down before their CC's locked you down.

As for my tactic I did this.

Start event, and run outside the boss room into the hallway. Kill the first of the 4 just outside the door. Move down the hallway kill the second. Move down the hallway again kill the third and finally move out into the room with the phoenix boss and kill the 4th. This will be very handy when all 4 become active at once since you should be able to take them down one at a time before the next one shows up to the party. After the last one is down run back to where the first mini boss died and kill the wave of weapons. Kill the four mini bosses again and wait for Kel'Thurzad to show up and kill him.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I did it as retribution in pretty close to the gear I have now, replaced a couple pieces since than. I'm not to sure you would have the dps at protection to get the 4 mini bosses down before their CC's locked you down.

Start event, and run outside the boss room into the hallway. Kill the first of the 4 just outside the door. Move down the hallway kill the second. Move down the hallway again kill the third and finally move out into the room with the phoenix boss and kill the 4th. This will be very handy when all 4 become active at once since you should be able to take them down one at a time before the next one shows up to the party. After the last one is down run back to where the first mini boss died and kill the wave of weapons. Kill the four mini bosses again and wait for Kel'Thurzad to show up and kill him.

Wrong boss,

But OP, yes you can. Blood DKs did it at 85. You may have an easier time as ret with the way their self healing is ATM.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Is there an enrage timer? that's about the only thing I'd worry about. in 10-man it was an easy solo despite survival not being this good (WoG cooldown and whatnot), but I can't remember if there is a hard enrage. If there isn't, just go for it and prepare to see hilariously large guardians of icecrown.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin

Wrong boss,

But OP, yes you can. Blood DKs did it at 85. You may have an easier time as ret with the way their self healing is ATM.

To many "Kels", not enough coffee.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
If I can solo Kel'Thuzad on 25man as Prot, you can definitely do it as Ret. It's ridiculously easy, but it takes a while.

If you bring friends along, remember to keep them healed. That Ice Block Kel'Thuzad does will kill them if they aren't topped off. Glyph of the Battle Healer and the talent Eternal Flame are very solid at doing this.
Edited by Emberstone on 11/11/2012 1:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I was able to solo during Cataclysm, movement is key. Never stop moving.

You can outheal everything he does as ret or prot, the trick is with the Nerubian.

They block your view so it's harder to see when Kel'Thuzad is using Shadow Fissure (one shot ability).

Interrupt frostbold, freedom yourself and run away from Shadow Fissure. It will take a while.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I soloed it as protection.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]