Of Broken Ladders and a Broken Blizzard

This issue I'm addressing is the state of Rated Battleground Ladders and Statistics in WoW and the community. Unfortunately, the issue is one-sided. There is a very great deal to say about cheating, exploits, and false rating; however, much less to say about Blizzard’s moderation--except by and large, they’ve neglected to. Why they should neglect it is an interesting question, perhaps more of a psychological-business argument question than a proper debate. And yet, whatever the reasons, on proper ethical grounds the arguments mustered to enforce Blizzard’s current cheating policy by the staff make for very thin gruel. My mission is simple. I want fair competition.

I'm asking that Blizzard take a little time out of their day to moderate PvP; although we're a minority, we're still paying customers and deserve protection and consideration. By neglecting to reset the RBG ladder with the beginning of each season (there are old 85s there from Season 10), remove players that clearly have exploited to virtually impossible ratings (3 wins and 2800, hello?), and awarding them with the same titles as people that compete each and everyday, we all lose. The integrity of this game suffers, exploiters profit, and so does Blizzard because we still pay for this crap.

Do something. Do it now. Fix the ladders. Fix the stupid Eye of the Storm glitch that counts every game played win or lose; as loss. Remove the cheaters. Now. Please don't allow another season of this crap go on.
Edited by Bailamostar on 11/12/2012 8:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
- Customer Support
10 Blood Elf Priest
You'll need to post on the PvP Forums, or on General. CSF isn't liaison to the Devs.
Reply Quote
Frankly, I post about this issue every week and I receive zero recognition, zero response, NOTHING from the developers, forum moderators. I'm sick of it. And I know a lot of other PvPers that I'm the mouth piece for right now are as well. I want someone to acknowledge a major part of the game is absolutely BROKEN.
Reply Quote
- Customer Support
10 Blood Elf Priest
Just because you haven't received a response, does not mean that your posts/threads have not been read by the CMs and Devs.

I understand that you want an acknowledgement, but unfortunately the SFAs who post here aren't really in that loop, so to speak.
Reply Quote
And who are you? This post was addressed to Blizzard not a random player that probably doesn't even PvP, RBG, or comprehend the terrible state of the ladder status quo.
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Shaman
11/12/2012 08:22 AMPosted by Bailamostar
And who are you? This post was addressed to Blizzard not a random player that probably doesn't even PvP, RBG, or comprehend the terrible state of the ladder status quo.

She is one of the best posters on here. This is a customer support forum so it is players helping other players address common issues and direct issues to correct areas to ensure they will be heard.
Reply Quote
Helpful? How about help explain why: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/battlegrounds/ has a player 3-0 with 2854 and dozens of other obvious examples of cheated rating and why the ladders aren't cleared each and every season and level 85s remain. Or you can help sweep the issue under Blizzard's feet by redirecting the responsibility elsewhere, where I'm ignored as per usual.
Reply Quote
22 Human Hunter
Hello thuglife here and I can say I agree with Bailamostar. Blizzard, we all know would rather spend their time making the game worse then getting feedback by concerned players. I think any reply to his post would be they know whats going on and give rank 1 rbg Bailamost reassurance for a better future in this cheating,exploiting,hacker, rude community game.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
And you are not going to get any acknowledgement from Blizzard about this issue here, other than the possibility that an SFA will say you are posting in the wrong forum.

You are never, ever guaranteed a blue response in ANY forum. The developers, however, do read all the threads in forums other than here, but they are under no requirement or obligation to respond, regardless of how widespread an issue may be.

And for the record, this forum is for player to player assistance, not a direct liason to Blizzard and the developers.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Wrong forum. There aren't any developers here, and the moderators here are not liason to them. While I don't disagree with your points, you will need to post in one of the PVP forums. In this forum you're just talking to the wall.
Reply Quote
And how the hell do you know that Blizzard reads every post in their forum threads. Supposing that's true, this post, this information, and this neglect of the game is all the more damning because it's a huge, glaring mistake that has been allowed to persist since the end of Season 10 to the current Season 12 (three seasons!).
Reply Quote
89 Undead Mage
You dont understand what the CS forum is for, he/she was just telling you if you want your concerns to be heard to post in the appropriate forum.
This is not the appropriate forum.
Reply Quote
You do not understand the point in me posting here is because I've posted in every single forum for a long, long time. The point is that NO FORUM is the appropriate FORUM because Blizzard does not care about PvP enough to acknowledge these horrendous flaws in their system. I suppose an analogy would be if PVE achievement pages were incorrectly cited on the armory, and, people were about to manipulate, cheat, and exploit their achievements tab. That's how it feels to me. I work hard for my achievements and then cheaters get what I've worked years for in a matter of hours. It's complete trash.
Reply Quote
6 Gnome Rogue
The one thing I would add... if what you are after is a guaranteed "yes we've read this" response, then use the in game suggestions form.
Reply Quote
89 Undead Mage
Its a regrettable thing with online gaming is that there will always be cheaters, hackers, botters, glitchers. They will NEVER go away 100%. EVER. At all. The first hack I noticed.. 2001 and they have been in every online game Ive ever played.
It is human nature for some to take the easy road.
The only thing you can do is report it, and not support them.
If you go around getting upset about things you cannot control then your gaming hobby will be a poor one.
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Shaman
11/12/2012 08:43 AMPosted by Bailamostar
You do not understand the point in me posting here is because I've posted in every single forum for a long, long time. The point is that NO FORUM is the appropriate FORUM because Blizzard does not care about PvP enough to acknowledge these horrendous flaws in their system. I suppose an analogy would be if PVE achievement pages were incorrectly cited on the armory, and, people were about to manipulate, cheat, and exploit their achievements tab. That's how it feels to me. I work hard for my achievements and then cheaters get what I've worked years for in a matter of hours. It's complete trash.

Achievements are great for the next goal to work on. The pride you should feel is that you did it; you over came the challenge set for you. You reached the bar and not what others are doing. It is great to work at something to be the best but if your only doing it for the glory your doing it for all the wrong reasons.

I used to feel this way about max level in wow. How in other games you had to be dedicated to get there. People could hit and not even know what cc is or not to melee as a hunter. The skill level was very low. I complained and not to take credit for it but I noticed tooltips changed to offer advice on use or a tactic.

Posting on the correct forum is much more helpful in these situations.

(I also complained a lot and I mean a lot about looting. But it was always done professionally. Words lose value when you lower yourself)
Edited by Calyisbad on 11/12/2012 8:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Mage
Results. Not acknowledgements.

I don't even care if Ghostcrawler needs to make some sort of reassuring blog about what SHOULD happen or what CAN happen. In the end, we need to see a result.

I'm honestly amazed Blizzard keeps the Rated Battleground ladder in the Community section functional. I wonder if they even look at it? I'd be ashamed to display content of that quality if that is something I created. Between outdated statistics and simple bugs, it's just an absolute embarrassment.
Reply Quote
Results. Not acknowledgements.

I don't even care if Ghostcrawler needs to make some sort of reassuring blog about what SHOULD happen or what CAN happen. In the end, we need to see a result.

I'm honestly amazed Blizzard keeps the Rated Battleground ladder in the Community section functional. I wonder if they even look at it? I'd be ashamed to display content of that quality if that is something I created. Between outdated statistics and simple bugs, it's just an absolute embarrassment.

Finally someone who understands.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
aus
11/12/2012 04:19 PMPosted by Bailamostar
Finally someone who understands.

Because your thread got moved to general, a 1% chance of some sort of acknowledgement in general is better then zero % in customer support and that's what they where trying to tell you.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
The ladders having gotten to the point that they are at right now where the MAJORITY of the first 20 people are exploiters or have inflated MMR from a couple of seasons ago is a little ridiculous. It shows us something. It shows us how much Blizzard really cares aout the PvP community. The right thing to do would be to simply reset the ladders, both arena and RBG ladders are messed up due to the same thing. It is simply not fair to us, the legitimate PvP'ers to see this type of nonsense occurring right before our eyes and Blizzard does NOTHING.

It is actually kind of a slap in the face to people such as myself, Top 1 RBG leader Bailamostar, and many other PvP'ers who have spoken out and said the same thing. We put in endless amounts of both time and effort into achieving legitimate rating. Ladders NEED to be reset or fixed or SOMETHING should be done to straighten it out so when we look at the ladders, we actually can see legitimate rating! No one that is a legitimate PVP'er wants to look at the ladders and see a Warrior by the name of Vicb from Illidan with a rating of 3224, 24k Honorable Kills, and a 2-0 win loss record. This is impossible if you know anything about PvP and how your rating works.

It is a ridiculous slap in the face to us, the real PvP'ers. As hard as it is to believe, some of us earn our rating the hard way and not by exploiting. All we are asking for is for SOMETHING to be done with these ladders. I don't understand how it can even be fun to be sitting at a 3k+ rating which ruins the competitiveness of the PvP aspect of this game. It simply makes it no longer fun to play the longer this nonsense continues. How much longer will this go ignored? How much longer will these cheaters get away freely with rating that is literally impossible to achieve?

I speak on behalf of the whole LEGITIMATE PvP community's behalf. Do something with these ladders Blizzard, please. The ladders are the biggest problem and we are already almost two months into this season! Fix the ladders quick before we go ANOTHER season with cheaters/exploiters/MMR inflation all over the scoreboards. Also another thing that really bugs people such as myself and a couple others I know is the Eye of the Storm win - loss bug, it counts everyone's win as a loss in EoTs, which there is absolutely no excuse for not having that fixed. We just ask that you simply hear us out and at least attempt to get to the bottom of this.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]