I was promoted to GM, then the guy bailed....

90 Human Priest
Of all the bazaar things I have encountered since I first started playing WoW, this is up at the top of my list. While doing dailies the other morning I glanced down at guild chat to read the yellow text blaring at me, telling me my GM has left the guild. I then scrolled up to see if I missed any related conversation outside of him saying he MIGHT switch servers but there was nothing outside of a "good luck". OK fine, I was a GM and RL during WoLK but after our guild crumbled when half of our raiders didn't return for Cataclysm I decided I was relieved because being a GM can often feel like a full time job. As a result I didn't raid much in Cata and settled into the category of, "casual" player.

Fast forward to today. I am not the guild shopping type. I liked being in this guild even though it was new and we only had 6 or 7 raiders, not yet a full team but still able to raid. Our first raid we went 3/6 MV and then one of the healers dropped and so ended the raid. I'm not sure how relevant to my post that info is other than to say this is my home, with or without the GM I guess. I have only tried one other guild since the start of Cataclysm but I found it to be a very egocentric guild that revolved around 5 or 6 players and everyone else was secondary so it didn't last long.

It's only a lvl 5 guild with three bank tabs. There's still quite a few alts that belong to the old GM and the friend he transferred with. I think there's only 4 or 5 of us left in the guild and logic tells me they won't be sticking around. In being a lvl 5 guild we really don't have any perks. Not really sure where to go with this.

I could turn it into an over 30 guild, that way I am still comfortable and not having to deal with the "umadbro" types. Not that there's anything wrong with that type of player, I just prefer more age appropriate players to rage with, where we understand the language lol :)

If this were you (a non teen or twenties player) what might you do?
Reply Quote
I would post on a dead forum board... Then I would sell it. Or keep it for a bank toon.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Keep it for a bank alt then come join us. We just need a few more for 25 man raiding. I am really, seriously, tired of 10 mans. I really miss 25 man raiding. *begs with puppy dog eyes*
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Bank alt or sell it entirely. I am gonna be 25 tomorrow... Not all 20s players are that type :P. I have been in your place before.. Talk to the remaining players and see what they want to do. You can turn it into that type of guild where its ppl you relate to. Or you can keep the guild until they find a new place and then, like i said, sell it or make it a bank alt. Then you can join a guild with ppl with similar play and social styles. I hope it works out for ya.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Of all the bazaar things I have encountered since I first started playing WoW, this is up at the top of my list. While doing dailies the other morning I glanced down at guild chat to read the yellow text blaring at me, telling me my GM has left the guild. I then scrolled up to see if I missed any related conversation outside of him saying he MIGHT switch servers but there was nothing outside of a "good luck". OK fine, I was a GM and RL during WoLK but after our guild crumbled when half of our raiders didn't return for Cataclysm I decided I was relieved because being a GM can often feel like a full time job. As a result I didn't raid much in Cata and settled into the category of, "casual" player.

Fast forward to today. I am not the guild shopping type. I liked being in this guild even though it was new and we only had 6 or 7 raiders, not yet a full team but still able to raid. Our first raid we went 3/6 MV and then one of the healers dropped and so ended the raid. I'm not sure how relevant to my post that info is other than to say this is my home, with or without the GM I guess. I have only tried one other guild since the start of Cataclysm but I found it to be a very egocentric guild that revolved around 5 or 6 players and everyone else was secondary so it didn't last long.

It's only a lvl 5 guild with three bank tabs. There's still quite a few alts that belong to the old GM and the friend he transferred with. I think there's only 4 or 5 of us left in the guild and logic tells me they won't be sticking around. In being a lvl 5 guild we really don't have any perks. Not really sure where to go with this.

I could turn it into an over 30 guild, that way I am still comfortable and not having to deal with the "umadbro" types. Not that there's anything wrong with that type of player, I just prefer more age appropriate players to rage with, where we understand the language lol :)

If this were you (a non teen or twenties player) what might you do?

Like others have said. Just keep it for my bank too or just disband it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Thanks guys. I expected at least one person to stroll in playing the worlds smallest violin :)

*backs out in shock
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
ill buy your guild for gold

i need another bank guild
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]