Soldiers of Pandaria : 5.1.0 Arms PvE Guide

100 Human Warrior
Anecdotally, Sweeping Strikes will duplicate each hit of Bladestorm individually. I can't say for sure if each target gets hit twice or if one target just gets double barrelled, but it still procs even single target.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Well I posted the fight tips for MSV. Let me know what you guys think. I don't think I'll have time to add anything for HoF for a couple weeks so bear with me on this. Sorry. I'd also like to full clear HoF on normal mode before posting too many tips on it, so we'll see how it goes.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Asked for this to be sticky, my offspec is Arms and this guide is just what I was looking for.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Hmm, with terrace coming out on lfr tomorrow, i wonder how the axe would compare to normal starshatter assuming you had the legendary gem.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
11/19/2012 01:16 PMPosted by Marston
Hmm, with terrace coming out on lfr tomorrow, i wonder how the axe would compare to normal starshatter assuming you had the legendary gem.

I'll do the math, but I'm pretty sure normal Starshatter would still be better because you have to factor in Weapon DPS now which is way more important generally.

EDIT: After doing the math my initial guess was correct. Even with the 500 Str gem the normal 489 Starshatter is better than the 483 Shin'ka. This is not all that surprising because for most Warriors my sim is showing Weapon DPS to be about 3 times the value of Str, which makes sense because the vast majority of our abilities are based on weapon damage.
Edited by Drunkbeard on 11/19/2012 7:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
any idea if using JP to increase a blue will make it purple item or just a rare item 8 ilvls higher ?

And why can't this be stickied? rogues got like 6 threads glued :)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
any idea if using JP to increase a blue will make it purple item or just a rare item 8 ilvls higher ?

And why can't this be stickied? rogues got like 6 threads glued :)

As far as I know it will remain a rare quality item. The option to upgrade items won't really affect gearing or BiS gear because assuming no upgrades it all stays the same. Then assuming max upgrades on everything it all stays the same anyways because they upgrade by the same increments. You just want to upgrade your weapon first because it's your most important item and then trinkets will likely be second on the list.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Great guide for all those PvE warriors. Love it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I just picked up the lfr helm token today. If i get either the shoulder or the chest lfr token that would give me the four piece bonus. Would that be worth switching out a couple 489 pieces for them?
Edited by Marston on 11/23/2012 2:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
Awesome. Sticky Requested.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
11/23/2012 02:17 PMPosted by Marston
I just picked up the lfr helm token today. If i get either the shoulder or the chest lfr token that would give me the four piece bonus. Would that be worth switching out a couple 489 pieces for them?

I will get back to you on this. I've been wondering myself, but figuring out the technicalities of it are proving to be difficult. Initial sims indicate that it isn't worth the lower ilvl gear, but I need to look into it further. I suspect that sims may not be quite accurate for this sort of thing.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
11/23/2012 02:17 PMPosted by Marston

Short answer: yes.

Also, apparently my gear has hit the point where I have to gem crit now.
No me gusta. >=(
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Bump.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
So i got the lfr shoulder token as well. So it would be worth replacing normal nullification greathelm and stonetoe spaulders for them? Seems like alot of crit loss.

Edit: Got lucky and got the chest token too. I figure it would probably be best to replace chest and helm.
Edited by Marston on 11/25/2012 7:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
So i got the lfr shoulder token as well. So it would be worth replacing normal nullification greathelm and stonetoe spaulders for them? Seems like alot of crit loss.

Edit: Got lucky and got the chest token too. I figure it would probably be best to replace chest and helm.

Yeah I would replace your chest and helm instead of the shoulders. They are supposed to be our off tier piece anyway and the Stonetoe Spaulders have really nice stats. And the chest is the only one of those 3 tier pieces with Crit.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Is there nothing we can do to get this stickied ?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
11/27/2012 10:46 AMPosted by Polariz
Is there nothing we can do to get this stickied ?

Haha you can get a job at Blizzard and become one of the forum moderator guys and then sticky it. Other than that nope not really :/

It's ok though. I don't really care if it gets stickied or not. I just wanna help people. I'm not convinced this guide is without flaws yet so I don't feel it truly deserves a sticky. After this week I'll be done working and have a lot more time to update it though and work on it. I hope to add even more to it in December.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Well since virtually nothing has changed for Warriors in regards to PvE this guide is up to date for patch 5.1. I've changed some of the tooltips and what not to be accurate to any changes. Let me know if I missed anything.

The change to Avatar makes it even less that appealing for DPS and I don't see many situations where it'll be that great. The movement impairing effects part of it really doesn't matter much for PvE unless you were using it to break traps on Stone Guard or something. The Gag Order change has no effect on PvE.

The only real thing to consider is that Dancing Steel now uses the "Real PPM" proc system. We speculated that it would increase the value of Haste, but I'm very torn on this so far.

I've tested being reforged for both Haste and Mastery in raids and the results were all well within in the margin of error on every fight. This tells me that either way neither stat plays a huge roll in our dps. Also since we're reforging primarily for Crit and the Hit/Exp caps there's so little leftover Mastery or Haste we can get rid that it makes very little difference in our stats. It really depends on whatever you have more of baseline from your gear than anything.

Reforged for Mastery I had ~3.7% Haste and ~26.5% Mastery. Reforged for Haste I had ~5.7% Haste and ~24.5% Mastery. That's only a 2% difference either way so considering how far both are behind Crit it makes almost no difference. I could see maybe in full heroic gear or next tier when the difference is more like 5-10% that it might make a larger difference.

The other thing I thought about is that both of them will help with Dancing Steel uptime. Haste obviously directly affects the proc chance of Dancing Steel now, but Mastery will give you more SoO which gives you more chances to proc Dancing Steel. That again pretty much makes the difference in my opinion incredibly minimal. According to my sims when I had more Haste it gave it a higher SEP value, but when I had more Mastery it gave it a higher SEP value instead. This partially confirms my theory that both stats scale with the "Real PPM" system and they are relatively equal.

This would mean that it would be best to reforge to whichever you have more baseline of from gear. There's obviously still more looking into this to be done, but for now anyone have thoughts?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Have you had a chance to sim/theorize on the new rep trinket?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
11/29/2012 08:19 AMPosted by Polariz
Have you had a chance to sim/theorize on the new rep trinket?

Mathematically it's our third best trinket, behind Relic of Xuen and Heroic Lei Shin's. However considering it's on a 1 minute cooldown this gives it very good synergy with Bloodbath so in reality it will likely be very close or equal to Heroic Lei Shin's, but still behind Relic of Xuen.

Considering most of us won't ever get Heroic Lei Shin's it's definitely worth picking up because it by far surpasses any of the other 496 or 489 trinkets.

Thanks for reminding me. I forgot to add it to the trinket list. That's fixed now.
Edited by Drunkbeard on 11/29/2012 3:52 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]