Are you kidding me?? (Shaman Totems)

1 Orc Rogue
I am literally stun locked reading the PTR notes:

Shaman
All totems are now considered spells, and summoning totems can be prevented by silencing effects. Searing Totem, Magma Totem, and Fire Elemental totems fall into the Fire school, while all other totems fall under the Nature school.

How does this make any sense at all? It wasn't bad enough that blanket silences basically destroyed us, and now getting interrupted during a Healing Surge, lightning bolt or Chain lightning locks out all our totems?? You do realize that we're basically dead in the water now right?

What is going on in your Dev Meetings Blizzard? Mage Class Leader complaining that Shamans too strong? Have you ever played a Shaman in PVP? Ele is TERRIBLE. Every single class can lock me down and silence me. It's impossible to counter. All I could do was drop a stun totem/Grounding Totem and shield totem and PRAY I lived.

Now, I'm basically jumping around like an idiot when I'm interrupted, which is about 75% of the time when Melee is on me, and Silenced, which is about 50% of the time because of mages, priests and balance druids.

I'm in complete and utter shock right now and I'm so disappointed you've made this change. If this goes live it will literally kill the shaman class as we know it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
RIP shaman
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Shamans (except restoration) are already extremely weak.

I have a shaman and I know how bad enhancement and elemental are for PvP.
Their defensive CD are absurdly high.

Interrupt a healing surge and now the shaman can't drop a grounding totem, which means that I can cast frost bomb, freeze, deep freeze, frostbolt and fire blast without any problem.

That's dumb. Blizzard doesn't play every class that they touch in PTR tests.
Reply Quote
Shaman
All totems are now considered spells, and summoning totems can be prevented by silencing effects. Searing Totem, Magma Totem, and Fire Elemental totems fall into the Fire school, while all other totems fall under the Nature school.

The heck? Were Shaman one-shotting people with totems?

This makes absolutely no sense. Why do something like this?

I doubt they even tested this change. Why break something that is already broken?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Totems are physical objects that that are placed to channel the power of nature.

Totems are not spells.

This makes no thematic or balance sense.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
It's a good thing I already gave up on PvP this expansion. Unless they are going to make totems unkillable, I can not possibly fathom a reason for this change.
Reply Quote
11/15/2012 10:23 AMPosted by Xvi
It's a good thing I already gave up on PvP this expansion. Unless they are going to make totems unkillable, I can not possibly fathom a reason for this change.

Destroy an entire class in one swoop?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Hey, at least we finally got our class mentioned in the patch notes? lmao

Sad thing is, no shaman are going to quit over this. Any who have played for a good length of time tend to have thick skin.
Edited by Xvi on 11/15/2012 10:43 AM PST
Reply Quote

Sad thing is, no shaman are going to quit over this. Any who have played for a good length of time tend to have thick skin.

You have my heart felt sympathy, your class is a strong one.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman

Ha thanks. Also, it may not happen this patch, but I have a feeling that this will lead to totems being unkillable in the future.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Rogue

Ha thanks. Also, it may not happen this patch, but I have a feeling that this will lead to totems being unkillable in the future.

That still doesn't fix the problem though. Unkillable totems = Castable Buffs. Just get rid of totems completely then.

Totems are able to be dropped for a reason. Shaman's have TERRIBLE defensive cooldowns. Lock us out, we're dead. We can't cast anything. You know how easy it is to lock me down with an interrupt then just blanket silence me after its up so I can't cast for over 10 seconds??? 10 seconds = dead in PVP.

Terrible change is terrible and I've cancelled my account where my Shaman lives until they fix this.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
11/15/2012 09:15 AMPosted by Phöbös
Shamans (except restoration) are already extremely weak

enhance is viable, and doing great. What are you talking about.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
11/15/2012 09:52 AMPosted by Arbiter
The heck? Were Shaman one-shotting people with totems?

Rofl.

Apparently they hate Resto Shaman just that much.

If they want to see OP Healers in PVP, they really need to look at Resto Druids. A Healer that does way more DPS than us, never runs out of mana, has a 5 sec stun, a root, and an instant Cyclone.

Tone down healing FIRST before you go nerfing people. GD. Even Resto is gonna suck once the healing nerfs go in.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
11/14/2012 11:44 PMPosted by Piggybanky
I'm in complete and utter shock right now

I see what you did there. >_>
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
I just wish every now and then they would LUBE us up before they have thier way with us. Blizzard is watching the day light while they have thier head inserted.
Took CLeansing totem
Took away ability to cleanse poison and diseases
Gave us ability to remove curses(Mages a pure DPS have that) 2% base mana for mages 21.1% for shammies ( REAL BALANCE)
After we got the ability old lock curses were changed to JINX (HMMMMMM)
Windshear had a long CD added
No real world useable Defensive CD's with out specing for them
No spell knock back protection

They forgot to triple the CD of Hex to mak ei teven less useless then it already is.

Lake Strider Glyph is beyond broken and not thought on fixing that?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
this change is...

*puts sunglasses on*

very shocking.

YEAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
My guess, is that it's to make shaman defensive totems able to be silence the same way other casters can be locked out of their defensives.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
11/15/2012 01:34 PMPosted by Marcellena
My guess, is that it's to make shaman defensive totems able to be silence the same way other casters can be locked out of their defensives.

That makes sense. The annoying part is, totems are already a pain, with how easy it is to kill them and how several of them cannot be used at once. The fact that they were usable while silenced was at least some advantage over other class' abilities.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
11/15/2012 01:45 PMPosted by Monica

That makes sense. The annoying part is, totems are already a pain, with how easy it is to kill them and how several of them cannot be used at once. The fact that they were usable while silenced was at least some advantage over other class' abilities.

This is probably a nerf to resto shamans, which has unfortunate consequences for the other two.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
This is probably a nerf to resto shamans, which has unfortunate consequences for the other two.

Likely.

I can't help but feel that the totem system should be looked at, though. Now that they are regular abilities, like other classes, I don't get the one totem per element limit. It really is restrictive.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]