Are you kidding me?? (Shaman Totems)

100 Worgen Warrior
i honestly can't see this change going through.

i think it'd be the breaking point of a system that already has plenty of downsides.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
If I wasn't a complete care bear, I'd be pissed at this. As it is, I'm annoyed as hell, because this WILL affect my raiding at some point. PVP nerfing PVE once again.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Sorry guys this is my fault, I considered finishing leveling my shaman and give pvp a try any way earlier to day so blizz did this to make it clear they dont want that. Again my bad.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
It's fine if they give Elemental and Enhancement a passive that negates this or lessens it because they certainly did not need this nerf.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
11/15/2012 12:05 PMPosted by Cleangirls
Shamans (except restoration) are already extremely weak

enhance is viable, and doing great. What are you talking about.

You're full of !@#$. No DPS spec for shamans are worth a damn (especially in Arenas).

When I go into an arena- "OH DPS SHAMAN EVERYONE POP CD's AND FOCUS HIM."
Then I die. As a shaman and a lover of the shaman class (since its the class I play basically full time) Im extremely upset with these changes.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISqZKaiArN0

Watch that. Tell me how it makes sense to nerf us. Even our burst sucks.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
How does this make any sense at all? It wasn't bad enough that blanket silences basically destroyed us, and now getting interrupted during a Healing Surge, lightning bolt or Chain lightning locks out all our totems?? You do realize that we're basically dead in the water now right?

Lol, you mean blanket silences have the same effect on you then it does on warlocks, mages, priests and boomkins? Shocking!

Not that I agree with this change, but someone is being a little entitled melo-drama queen...
Edited by Stonedsoul on 11/15/2012 7:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
aaaaaaaaand we'll never get a blue response
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
11/15/2012 07:19 PMPosted by Stonedsoul
How does this make any sense at all? It wasn't bad enough that blanket silences basically destroyed us, and now getting interrupted during a Healing Surge, lightning bolt or Chain lightning locks out all our totems?? You do realize that we're basically dead in the water now right?

Lol, you mean blanket silences have the same effect on you then it does on warlocks, mages, priests and boomkins? Shocking!

Not that I agree with this change, but someone is being a little entitled melo-drama queen...

Go play a DPS shaman and tell me how you feel afterwards. Atleast those classes have flippin defensive abilities that actually do !@#$ and also do better damage.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I can't even express how mad I am right now. What an absolute screw job. They've made it very clear they don't play shaman.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Look up Jahmillztko or Owies. Both quality players in the top5 3v3 on the most competitive battlegroup in the US.

Outliers, not the norm. Didn't a hunter win a big tournament during LK (?) When the class was horrid?

DPS shamans have traditionally been poor. MoP is no exception. The reason this bothers people so much is that Ele in particular is really, really bad right now. Ele was even better off in Cata; For those that didn't play then, it was considered a bad spec even then. Now, it is even worse.

The thing is, Blizz said they were addressing outliers this patch; That is fine. There are quite a few specs that ARE overperforming currently. Any spec of shaman, including Restoration, is not. Resto is very viable, yes, but it isn't to the point where a nerf was crucial. This nerf is even worse when you consider an atrocious spec (ele) and an okay spec (Enhance) is getting affected as well.

Basically, as an ele shaman, I was hoping for some QoL changes, perhaps a survivability buff of some sort, and maaaaybe a damage increase. Instead, I saw nerfs. I am disappointed.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
This is a resto shaman pvp nerf, apply logic bros
Reply Quote
60 Undead Warlock
11/16/2012 04:06 AMPosted by Starbûck
This is a resto shaman pvp nerf, apply logic bros

But resto shamans aren't OP AND it's nerf the hell out of ele and enh even more.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I wish people would quit calling elemental a bad spec for PvP you obviously havent met any good ones.

But blizzard has seriously screwed us the totem change is gonna ruin shammys for pvp, i dont think this change is gonna be that bad for PvE i can only think of a handful of encounters this might suck for but they arent even relevant anymore so doesnt matter,
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
sad really. in one expansion, they destroy 7 years of work on making totems good and balanced. and now one patch in, they are trying to destroy all remnants of totem utility in pvp when it's all a shaman has at all?

Yup, "feedback matters". Good luck getting this nerf removed. :(
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
SUP BRUHZ ASK ME ANYTHING
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
11/15/2012 07:30 PMPosted by Ishammy

Go play a DPS shaman and tell me how you feel afterwards. Atleast those classes have flippin defensive abilities that actually do !@#$ and also do better damage.

And which part of that explains how blanket silence affects shammies more then everyone else? Hint: it doesnt.

I never said shamans didnt need some work (altho i do think their damage is fine, its their defenses that are lacking), but crying about blanket silence somehow suddently leaving you "dead in the water" is like complaining stuns wont let you cast and move.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
So basically my ele shaman alt can forget using any sort of totems in PVP where they can be dispelled continuously by dispel happy priests, paladins, etc.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]