Are you kidding me?? (Shaman Totems)

Go play a DPS shaman and tell me how you feel afterwards. Atleast those classes have flippin defensive abilities that actually do !@#$ and also do better damage.

And which part of that explains how blanket silence affects shammies more then everyone else? Hint: it doesnt.

I never said shamans didnt need some work (altho i do think their damage is fine, its their defenses that are lacking), but crying about blanket silence somehow suddently leaving you "dead in the water" is like complaining stuns wont let you cast and move.

Blanket silences affect shamans more then most. You can silence a priest, he can still disperse, a boomkin can shift, a warlock has his pet, Mage may iceblock. To add, they are also more susceptible to Inturrupts as well.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

Go play a DPS shaman and tell me how you feel afterwards. Atleast those classes have flippin defensive abilities that actually do !@#$ and also do better damage.

And which part of that explains how blanket silence affects shammies more then everyone else? Hint: it doesnt.

I never said shamans didnt need some work (altho i do think their damage is fine, its their defenses that are lacking), but crying about blanket silence somehow suddently leaving you "dead in the water" is like complaining stuns wont let you cast and move.

Most/all Dps casters have something they can do when silenced to try to take the heat off of them while they wait for it to come off. many are named in the post above. Before this nerf ele has totums as pathetic as those are earthgrab/bind was your only real option of trying to get away while silenced now ele wont even have that.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock

Blanket silences affect shamans more then most. You can silence a priest, he can still disperse, a boomkin can shift, a warlock has his pet, Mage may iceblock. To add, they are also more susceptible to Inturrupts as well.

A lot of locks are using GoSaC in pvp and even if you could "use your pet", the pet dps is not anywhere near what it was in Cata so you might as well equate using a pet to enh auto attacking. I'd also like to include that shamans are not any more succeptible to interupts if not actually being a little better off than let's say affliction who has a channelled filler where dot damage is just sad without it up and cannot do anything when interupted.

Just like other people are saying sure dps shamans are in a bad place, but let's not paint this interupt and silence thing into dropping false facts like this. Put the buffs where they belong: CD non elemental totems need to be unkillable for one thing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
There's a 29-page thread on the PTR discussion forum. I strongly advice people to bring attention to that thread.
Reply Quote

A lot of locks are using GoSaC in pvp and even if you could "use your pet", the pet dps is not anywhere near what it was in Cata so you might as well equate using a pet to enh auto attacking. I'd also like to include that shamans are not any more succeptible to interupts if not actually being a little better off than let's say affliction who has a channelled filler where dot damage is just sad without it up and cannot do anything when interupted.

Just like other people are saying sure dps shamans are in a bad place, but let's not paint this interupt and silence thing into dropping false facts like this. Put the buffs where they belong: CD non elemental totems need to be unkillable for one thing.

Notice how i didn't list a bunch of damaging spells? Who cares what kind of damage your pet has when you want utility during a silence to mitigate that damage? You have pet spells that help you. Your imp has singe magic that will remove silence and a hot for 12% of your overall heath. A succubus that can knockback and seduce, a felhound that can silence and although it doesn't seem as beneficial a purge.

Furthermore Warlocks have a base spell, unending resolve that makes you immune to both silence and interrupt. So as I stated before, shamans are more susceptible to both forms of caster lockout.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

Oh shut up. Your ignorance to any semblance of skill is showing as much as ever. You still don't know what you're talking about, even though almost every player with any credentials whatsoever has disagreed with nearly every post you've ever posted. You'd think that the fact that you're human would lead you to learn these things. I know animals with better knowledge absorption abilities than you seem to have.

11/16/2012 09:20 AMPosted by Tikimaster
I wish people would quit calling elemental a bad spec for PvP you obviously havent met any good ones.

Obviously neither have you. Ele is an awful spec in arenas, and you might feel that moderate success in random BGs isn't meaningless, but it is.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
CFT
I still don't get why totems even exist now. They're just gimped forms of other abilities (Healing Tide for example being a totem form of Divine Hymn or Tranquility that can be instantly stopped by attacking it, while the actual abilities requiring a silence/interrupt rather than a melee attack from any class)
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
CFT

Did you just say Affliction is bad when silenced when you're probably the most resistant specc when silenced?

You have three rolling DoTs on a target and you get silenced. You can't make them tick twice as often during this short duration. Oooooooooooh noooooooo... *armflail*

Please get out. Leave the poor Shamans alone if you're actually justifying this.
Reply Quote

Obviously neither have you. Ele is an awful spec in arenas, and you might feel that moderate success in random BGs isn't meaningless, but it is.
I find in randoms that I have a fair chance to beat a warrior 1v1 (but not a mage, a ret, a frost DK, a lock, a shadow priest, a rogue...). This nerf won't actually affect that, because Gag Order is also being nerfed, but all the other specs with silences will become a lot more dangerous. Being able to drop totems during silences is enormously important, even in random BGs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]