Iron Hawk or Sprit Bond

90 Goblin Hunter
Which is really better. 2% health every 2's for your and your pet.

or 10% boost in Range AP and a 15% damage reduction.

not sure if the 10% ap boost makes that much of a diff.? the 15% damage reduction/vs the 2% health? dont know..

thoughts?

I used Sprit Bond for solo, but went iron hawk, but im not sure if my over all dps went up that much.. ?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter

not sure if the 10% ap boost makes that much of a diff.? the 15% damage reduction/vs the 2% health? dont know..

thoughts?

I used Sprit Bond for solo, but went iron hawk, but im not sure if my over all dps went up that much.. ?

in pvp, it's either exhil or ironhawk. if your pet is being focused, exhil, if you're being focused, iron hawk and crouching tiger.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

thoughts?

Aspect of the Hawk already gives the 10% AP boost, so the only thing Aspect of the Hawk does, is reduce damage taken by 15%. The difference between these two depends on how good your healers are, and what fight you're on.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter

thoughts?

Aspect of the Hawk already gives the 10% AP boost, so the only thing Aspect of the Hawk does, is reduce damage taken by 15%. The difference between these two depends on how good your healers are, and what fight you're on.

You keep commenting in these threads and when you do you seem to speak with authority... i wanted to ask you... is this your main hunter? Or did you/do you have another one?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
This is my Hunter on my account I made in Cata. I had one thru BC/Wrath, but it got deleted.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
10/26/2012 08:19 AMPosted by Tekku
This is my Hunter on my account I made in Cata. I had one thru BC/Wrath, but it got deleted.

Ah ok. Did you have more arena experience on that one that got deleted? Because this one has 0.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I had 2.1k w/ Hunter and 2.4k w/ Warrior (Pre S12). I quit thru all of Cata, so no room for Arena there, and I'm waiting until 5.1 drops to do arenas, since BM is the only viable spec against a smart team, and I find it pathetic to play.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
10/26/2012 08:24 AMPosted by Tekku
I had 2.1k w/ Hunter and 2.4k w/ Warrior (Pre S12). I quit thru all of Cata, so no room for Arena there, and I'm waiting until 5.1 drops to do arenas, since BM is the only viable spec against a smart team, and I find it pathetic to play.

What season did you get 2.1
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Spirit Bond is invaluable for bleeding edge pet work. Exhil CD is not dependable.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Some/many high end arena hunters are using Exhileration. The reason for this is not the heal on the hunter but rather as an Oh $3@t ability for their pets. I use Spirit Bond because most of my games have been in 2's and it allows me to reset. Also, previous seasons have made me afraid of dots. With this I can negate them and trust my healer.

I would wait fro 5.1 to drop before switching to Iron Hawk if that is what you are thinking. Will Exhil let you survive burst? I still question that. If my healer can't a 30% heal won't . Can it save my pet. It has. Micro managing pet can do good things. Keep Bullheaded(cunning pet talent) ready for reduced damage and anti pet cc--very ready. And be more prepared to micro manage pet. BM aren't OP people are just starting to figure them out. Sadly, we will still be nerfed and. concurrently, our enemies will also figure out to kill the pet to neutralize the hunter. Thanks for overreacting blizz developers.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
10/26/2012 09:38 AMPosted by Positivity
Spirit Bond is invaluable for bleeding edge pet work. Exhil CD is not dependable.

from a pvp perspective. exhil is better. much better.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warrior
Spirit Bond will overtake Iron Hawk if you can survive more than 5 global cooldowns. The fact that it also helps your pet, and Iron Hawk does not is worth considering. My reasons for not liking Exhilaration: 1) Consumes a GCD. 2) Another friggen button to mash. The one thing Iron Hawk has going for it is that if you have someone healing you, the damage reduction makes those heals effectively stronger, and Spirit Bond winds up being overheals.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
10/26/2012 02:23 PMPosted by Stark
Spirit Bond will overtake Iron Hawk if you can survive more than 5 global cooldowns.

Um... what? No.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
10/26/2012 01:25 PMPosted by Ernest

from a pvp perspective. exhil is better. much better.

I'd agree but on the condition that you know what type of player you are.

My wife and I both play BM hunters. I have Exhilaration because I have pretty good situational awareness. My wife prefers to streamline her play with as many passive powers as possible. For her, Aspect of the Iron Hawk is the better choice ... one less power to worry about.

You have to be honest with yourself about your play style to make the right choice.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warrior
10/26/2012 02:51 PMPosted by Stalkings
Spirit Bond will overtake Iron Hawk if you can survive more than 5 global cooldowns.

Um... what? No.

Derp. Right, math error. It's 1% per second, it will take 17 seconds for Spirit Bond to match Iron Hawk in total damage healed/prevented. So yeah, Spirit Bond = teh Badz.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Spirit Bond + Glyph for more healing only way to go for PvE.

15% less damg is nice but most the time you are only going to get hit by two types, Big Hits or Small to Med AoE. Bigger the number the bigger the 15% is but also keep in mind a big hit is still a big hit (Are armor doesn't do much eather compared to other class passives/buffs).

A constant !% of your max HP a sec adds up and can let you shrug off the smaller hits and some med ones, even more so if its not constant. Your healers knowing this don't have to spend as much effort to top you off as you will regen it on your own.

Pretty much i look at it as a hits a hit, after the hit i prefer to start healing back up then taking a little less and maybe living through another hit or two before going into Save my life mode.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
10/26/2012 08:40 AMPosted by Ernest

What season did you get 2.1

Seasons 9, 10, and 11.
Reply Quote

thoughts?

That's b/c Iron Hawk doesn't have any +AP difference than regular Hawk. Iron Hawk is essentially Hawk with 15% damage reduction added.

IMO If you are playing with a designated healer i.e. double DPS 2v2, triple DPS 3v3, Battlegrounds or for dueling, you should choose Spirit Bond. In any other Arena situation, probably Iron Hawk. And, if in any situation you are specc'd BM and you find that both your pets are constantly being focused and killed instantly... I'd go Exhil.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
i have a good healing buddy, so ive found iron hawk to be more useful then exhil or spirit bond. also talking from a 3v3 perspective, in 2s its a complete who bursts faster is who wins so exhil would be better. noticed in arena though unless the hunter over extends his pet, going for a pet kill is unwise.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Exhilaration > Iron Hawk > Spirit Bond in a 2v2 arena comp with (you'll need the on-demand heal) or without (games won't last long enough to make SB worth having) a healer.
Exhilaration > Iron Hawk > Spirit Bond in a 3v3 arena with a healer due to the increased amount of CC on the healer.
Exhilaration > Spirit Bond > Iron Hawk in random battlegrounds where you will, ideally, be staying out of the fray and remaining untouched, but your pet will not. Exhilaration beats out Iron Hawk because of the 100% pet heal. The current state of Iron Hawk cannot be calculated as SB's full uptime vs. Iron Hawk full uptime, because IH isn't going to be full uptime until 5.1.

After 5.1, where Aspect of the Fox is removed and Iron Hawk can stay up 24/7, there may be some arguments to be made in the 3v3 and Battleground scenario, but a clutch double-heal from Readiness for 60% or an instant LoH for your pet is not something that is easily replaced.

Currently there is no reason to spec Spirit Bond aside from farming Motes of Harmony or Skinning/Mining/Etc.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]