Battle pets got unique minimap icons but...

100 Blood Elf Paladin
Fishing pools, mining nodes, herbs, etc. are still all yellow dots. Honestly Blizz, would it really be game-breaking to finally give us icons for these different nodes, or different colors at least?

I'm not asking for a way to track just the best herbs or the best fish or anything like that. I'd just like to be able to see if a node I'm flying by is a fishing pool or a herb. Would that really make things too much easier? Remember, there are addons that basically do this already and have for years. Isn't it about time you added it to the game? Please?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
At least a different one for fishing would be nice.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
While it is very low on my please do list I agree with you. My work around is to only turn on fishing nodes when I am actively looking for fishing, otherwise I keep it off so as not to interfere with other modes.
But isn't the pets icon node the same as beast for druids or hunters?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
While it is very low on my please do list I agree with you. My work around is to only turn on fishing nodes when I am actively looking for fishing, otherwise I keep it off so as not to interfere with other modes.

Could be? Last time I tracked beasts with my hunter was a long time ago and seem to recall they were red dots with a yellow ring around them.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

Could be? Last time I tracked beasts with my hunter was a long time ago and seem to recall they were red dots with a yellow ring around them.

They're red if it's aggressive. Normal yellow if passive.
Edited by Meisheng on 10/28/2012 11:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
lol its funny because is it really game breaking that they are yellow dots? does it matter so much to you that you feel it necessary to post asking for special icons?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Seriously, Blizz.

How hard would it be to make herbs green, fishing pools blue, and mining nodes black. Or whatever - as long as they're different colors.

My mage is an herbalist, a miner, and a fisherwoman. Do you know how many yellow dots are on my mini map at any given time? -____-

10/28/2012 11:54 AMPosted by Angrytotems
lol its funny because is it really game breaking that they are yellow dots? does it matter so much to you that you feel it necessary to post asking for special icons?

Do we not pay blizzard enough to make minor convenience changes to the game? How long would it take to do this? A few hours?
Edited by Lmcm on 10/28/2012 12:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
10/28/2012 12:00 PMPosted by Lmcm
herbs green, fishing pools blue, and mining nodes black. Or whatever - as long as they're different colors.

I like this idea
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Druid
Part of the problem is those colors tend to blend in with the background colors on the map.

Yellow was used mostly because it stands out quite well.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
That would be really nice actually.

and I can't imagine it would be TOO hard to implement. I mean they already have the icons on hand so all they have to do is change the system to show the icons on the mini-map instead of the yellow dots.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
10/28/2012 11:54 AMPosted by Angrytotems

Does it matter so much to you that people would want them to be different?

Make a lil fishie shaped one for fishing pools.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
eh, i have mixed feelings on this idea, i don't really want my minimap cluttered with a bunch of icons.

The way i see it, dot = node i want. If i don't, i either turn off fish or herbs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
10/28/2012 12:12 PMPosted by Eprouvil
eh, i have mixed feelings on this idea, i don't really want my minimap cluttered with a bunch of icons.

It would be no more cluttered than it already is, just different shapes.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Fish hook, flower, a small bundle of rocks or something.

BAM!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
Fishing pools, mining nodes, herbs, etc. are still all yellow dots. Honestly Blizz, would it really be game-breaking to finally give us icons for these different nodes, or different colors at least?

Yes please! Also, WTB colorblind-friendly colors for minimap dots (both gathering nodes and Hunter tracking) and something other than yellow/green !s to differentiate quests from flight paths.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Mage
10/28/2012 12:12 PMPosted by Eprouvil
The way i see it, dot = node i want. If i don't, i either turn off fish or herbs.

My problem is that as a hunter, I always have beast tracking on, so when I'm flying over, I have to keep trying to mouse over all the yellow dots to see if I need to land and pick something.

I think it would be awesome if nodes were different colors from passive beasts at least. ^^
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Part of the problem is those colors tend to blend in with the background colors on the map.

Yellow was used mostly because it stands out quite well.

Which is why I suggest icons. Though colors could work too, as long as there was a colorblind mode or the ability to change the colors ourselves.

I tried a couple addons over the years, GatherMate2 just recently. Problem is, they're just too much clutter. Since they can't modify the actual minimap dots, they mark every spot on the minimap a node could be. I found it more distracting than helpful. All I want is an icon or a different color for every tracked thing. It's not that much to ask. Nearly everything that can be tracked in the game has a unique minimap icon, mini pets, repairs, flight masters, banks, etc., etc.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]