[Mage] Mobility and L90 Talents - 2

90 Undead Mage
10/29/2012 01:00 PMPosted by Derpenstein
And since it wasn't my intent to insight anger among Mages, that means I wasn't trolling

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6893830130#3
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004401839?page=2#25
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004341444?page=3#49
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794831960#9
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794831227#5

My personal favorite:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794869956#20

10/06/2012 07:24 PMPosted by Derpenstein
What does a monk issue have to do with a rogue one?

What does a mage issue have to do with your extreme displeasure with rogues?
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Derpstein is right. We should all ignore major issues that are inhibiting the enjoyment of our class because he feels rogues are underpowered.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
CFT
Guys seriously. Just because the Hunter doesn't understand the horrible QoL that Mages are in atm doesn't mean we should completely derail our-now-27 page discussion in the risk of getting it locked and forgotten by the devs.

Please ignore him and lets move on, alright?
Edited by Pewpewblast on 10/29/2012 1:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
92 Undead Mage
Exactly, we need to say on topic. I'm tired of every other class looking at these 90 talent threads, and assuming that we're complaining about a lack of damage or something. Our damage is fine, it's our quality of life that sucks. I'd give up 5k dps for new talents, or just simply making the ones we have better. Those slight tweaks in 5.1 are not cutting it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
CFT
Our damage is fine, it's our quality of life that sucks. I'd give up 5k dps for new talents, or just simply making the ones we have better. Those slight tweaks in 5.1 are not cutting it.

Define slight tweaks. We're getting the cooldown removed from RoP and that's it. The Invo change wasn't implemented and was scrapped.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Took me awhile to catch up on all the posts from this weekend.....

With that said, I want to comment on;
10/28/2012 07:24 AMPosted by Lhivera
However, I am not convinced by Grizzlebees's argument that all these people in PvE specs with Rune of Power are switching to it for dailies — first because it seems unlikely to me that most people would bother switching specs for something as trivial as solo questing at all (I could be wrong, but it strikes me as silly), and second because if they did, based on commentary in the forums and personal discussions, it seems Incanter's Ward would be the more common choice.

I am pretty sure I didn't just mention dailies, it was all of the "easier" PvE content (LFR/Heroics). Most people aren't trying to push for extreme DPS numbers in these situations, and the constant heal that comes from having the Evo glyph with RoP makes it exceptional for mage-tanking tons of mobs to make for quick dailies.

With it's passive and minor mitigation, IW would seem like the more obvious choice, but I can take on far more mobs simultaneously without any net loss of life with RoP. I know that tons of other mages have caught onto this.

Changing up the talent for dailies and their ilk makes even more sense when you realize that most raiding mages are using Invocation. If we hate the idea of having to perform uneeded full evocations just to maintain a buff,....we sure aren't going to want to do even more of them to heal ourselves.

Also, you can see that the page you linked (which i knew you were referring to in your original post), now shows Invocation as the top talent for PvE by a significant margin. As more and more raiding mages get geared/finish off rep grinds, they no longer have a reason to change which will lead to that gap increasing.

As for something else mentioned over the weekend, I am also dumbfounded that the change to Invocate was completely abandoned without testing it a bit.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I go through about 30 tomes a week. I change my bombs and T6 talents for a lot of different situations. My basic set up goes like this:

If I am raiding that night, I spec fire or frost for my dailies. I pick the one I will be using the most, or need to be the most comfortable with that night.

For dailies I spec frost bomb or living bomb. I used to swap in NT, but I got sick of it keeping me in combat :P

I use IW for most dailies. If I am alone in an area, or the mobs are spawning fast enough that I don't need to go 100 miles to tag something, I'll swap in RoP and turret the area.

For fire, I generally prefer LB over FB. However, if I am fighting a lot of lower health things, OR if the area is swamped with spawns I swap to FB.

I swap bombs and T6 talents on a regular basis. I generally avoid Invo for dailies, as I find I can kill something in about 15 seconds and then need to move around to find the next thing (which takes 20-25 seconds) and I end up having to rebuff myself for 2 out of every 3 mobs. Its tedious and annoying. Plus, when I _need_ a heal, I find I get stunned, knocked back, or just interrupted _just_ before the evo completes when using Invo. Very annoying.

When raiding, I swap bombs and T6 talents as well. Trash gets one thing, this boss another, this boss another...
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
CFT
10/29/2012 02:56 PMPosted by Howmanylichs
I go through about 30 tomes a week.

A WEEK?

Geez, you don't change your talents much, do you? (lol, but seriously...)

I probably go through a stack a day on raid nights, like 1-2 on non-raid nights, but that's essentially bad design on the talents part. They aren't intended to be CONSTANTLY swapped.
Edited by Pewpewblast on 10/29/2012 3:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
I go through about 30 tomes a week.

A WEEK?

I probably go through a stack a day on raid nights, like 1-2 on non-raid nights, but that's essentially bad design on the talents part. They aren't intended to be CONSTANTLY swapped.

Yeah I'm blowing through them a lot as well....and not even seriously raiding. Can jump on my dk and never swap at all /sigh

Just want to throw in my voice for my hatred of the level 90 talents. Really does make me regret making my mage my main for mop. Was amazing how I was having fun leveling, and how all the fun stopped at 90 with these stupid talents and just how unfun they are.
Edited by Lagtastic on 10/29/2012 4:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
CFT
10/29/2012 03:54 PMPosted by Lagtastic

A WEEK?

Yeah I'm blowing through them a lot as well....and not even seriously raiding. Can jump on my dk and never swap at all /sigh

Just want to throw in my voice for my hatred of the level 90 talents. Really does make me regret making my mage my main for mop. Was amazing how I was having fun leveling, and how all the fun stopped at 90 with these stupid talents and just how unfun they are.

TBH I'm still furious with myself for not leveling my Lock first. It's too late now though; I'll be exalted in a week with EVERY MoP faction and even with the changes to rep, I refuse to do all the dailies again.

So, 5.1 either fixes us and makes EVERYONE happy, or does nothing and makes a lot of us quit. These talents are just horrible.
Reply Quote
92 Undead Mage
10/29/2012 02:15 PMPosted by Pewpewblast
The Invo change wasn't implemented and was scrapped.

Seriously? Wtf, so I'm still supposed to evo 4-5 times before the tank finally pulls?

TBH I'm still furious with myself for not leveling my Lock first. It's too late now though; I'll be exalted in a week with EVERY MoP faction and even with the changes to rep, I refuse to do all the dailies again.

This is exactly how I feel.
Edited by Malhavoc on 10/29/2012 6:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
God bless Light of the Cosmos. I just leave my Mage Bomb on Nether Tempest all the time now.

I should try out RoP for that self-heal. That sounds like a good idea.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
CFT
10/29/2012 06:27 PMPosted by Malhavoc
The Invo change wasn't implemented and was scrapped.

Seriously? Wtf, so I'm still supposed to evo 4-5 times before the tank finally pulls?

This is exactly how I feel.

Yup, you are. I've actually asked my tank to coordinate a better countdown, and of COURSE, I finally got it perfectly coordinated to his OLD countdown.

God bless Light of the Cosmos. I just leave my Mage Bomb on Nether Tempest all the time now.

Yeah I don't use FB unless we're doing Elegon because my raid group apparently doesn't know what AoE is >_>;

Also the guaranteed BF for P2 sparks is nice :)

Curious about the RoP heal. Last I recall, it was pretty bleh.
Reply Quote
60 Undead Rogue
WTB Fix
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
CFT
10/30/2012 12:25 AMPosted by Metuo
WTB Fix

Soon... ... Soon...

... I hope ._.;
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage

Despite the t90 talents being absolute !@#$e, this probably annoys me even more.

Talents are meant to be there to give us choice, but if you're a Frost mage, LotC is 100% useless for us if we decide to go with Frost Bomb.

We *have* to take NT or LB to give us *one* dot with a chance to proc this.

So that leaves us until Terrace where we're still using dungeon trinkets if we want to not be forced into a specific bomb.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
CFT
Talents are meant to be there to give us choice, but if you're a Frost mage, LotC is 100% useless for us if we decide to go with Frost Bomb.

We *have* to take NT or LB to give us *one* dot with a chance to proc this.

So that leaves us until Terrace where we're still using dungeon trinkets if we want to not be forced into a specific bomb.

Actually, NT is better since it ticks faster. It forces you to choose NT as it gives 3x the procc rate (when off the ICD)
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
The fact that they even looked at our level 90 talents recently gives me some hope. It is a real pain to raid with these talents even though we are completely balanced around them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
CFT
10/30/2012 12:10 PMPosted by Ronîn
The fact that they even looked at our level 90 talents recently gives me some hope. It is a real pain to raid with these talents even though we are completely balanced around them.

True, though the fact they didn't even bother to test em gives me less hope.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]