[Mage] Mobility and L90 Talents - 2

90 Blood Elf Paladin
At this point I will be just fine if they at least had some kind of cool visual effect. Something like being surronded by arcane energy after an evocation or start gathering energy the more time we spent inside the RoP.

Don't know, something that actually makes my belive i'm awsome when i press the button
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
CFT
At this point I will be just fine if they at least had some kind of cool visual effect. Something like being surronded by arcane energy after an evocation or start gathering energy the more time we spent inside the RoP.

Don't know, something that actually makes my belive i'm awsome when i press the button

Visuals would be nice, but no, we need something for QoL. Making it look cooler will not help QoL at all.
Reply Quote
60 Undead Rogue
New PTR update and no word about this. Sigh...
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
CFT
10/30/2012 06:13 PMPosted by Metuo
New PTR update and no word about this. Sigh...

Kinda how I feel atm... Really worried and fearful that we actually aren't getting any changes.
Reply Quote
60 Undead Rogue
I'm hoping we get a change on 5.1 because having to wait for months for a fix on this is just unbearable at this point
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
CFT
10/30/2012 07:06 PMPosted by Metuo
I'm hoping we get a change on 5.1 because having to wait for months for a fix on this is just unbearable at this point

Like I've said numerous times, I'm out if it's not fixed.

I sat through Cataclysm. I'm not doing that again. Also the content so far (which this isn't a Mage issue) has been so awful, except for the raiding content. Even with the awesome raids, if I don't get to be the class I want to be (which is Mage), I have nothing left to stay for.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Rogue

Kinda how I feel atm... Really worried and fearful that we actually aren't getting any changes.

To be realistic for a moment, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't do anything significant (maybe some number changes, which admittedly could help a lot.). Mages are undoubtably fairly low on their triage right now. Though I'm not sure why they rescinded the Invoc change. Seemed interesting.
Reply Quote
60 Undead Rogue
If they just let the change they had planned go through for invocation, I'd he happy and gladly wait for a full revamp but no change at all? That's just it. Unbearable.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
CFT
10/30/2012 07:36 PMPosted by Metuo
If they just let the change they had planned go through for invocation, I'd he happy and gladly wait for a full revamp but no change at all? That's just it. Unbearable.

TBH I had an inner feeling it would be scrapped after initial testing. It did little to nothing to fix Arcane Invocation and was too OP for Fire/Frost, but to not even go through with testing it was just a kick in the balls/wherever it really hurts to be kicked as a lady.
Reply Quote
60 Undead Rogue
Then why don't they just fix it for arcane? Sheesh
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
The lack of any sort of arcane fix shows they're simply not willing to address broken mechanics. Arcane is far, far too complicated of a spec right now to be viable. The changes they made + T90 talents make it a mathematical disaster.

Priest dings 90 tomorrow. Glad I'm done with this.
Reply Quote
60 Undead Rogue
Makes you wonder who the hell designed the mage level 90 talents in the first place.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
The change I like for RoP, would be to make it instant, and have it place the rune where your character is standing, rather that forcing you to place it with your mouse. If it's going to provide you with the least amount of spell power and tie you to one spot, it should be the least intrusive to your DPS.
Edited by Loismein on 10/30/2012 11:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
60 Undead Rogue
10/30/2012 11:00 PMPosted by Loismein
The change I like for RoP, would be to make it instant, and have it place the rune where your character is standing, rather that forcing you to place it with your mouse. It's it's going to provide you with the least amount of spell power and tie you to one spot, it should be the least intrusive to your DPS.

That would actually make for a great change. Solves mobility issues in a way.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
10/30/2012 08:33 PMPosted by Pewpewblast
TBH I had an inner feeling it would be scrapped after initial testing. It did little to nothing to fix Arcane Invocation and was too OP for Fire/Frost

After testing out Invocation on live, I came to the conclusion that it really wasn't OP for fire or frost. Fire faired better in terms of mana management than frost, yet I still dropped to 56% mana after chain casting for the fourty second duration of the buff (with 5 hot streak procs in that time)

You'd still have to channel evocation to reach 100% mana for four of the five ticks, saving only 2-2.5 seconds a minute.

Saying something like:
Mages might stop Evocating ever.

Shows that GC doesn't know how the talent works.
Edited by Mumrit on 10/31/2012 6:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I've done a fair bit of complaining on Missminge about these issues. I think I've had some decent suggestions on how to make some QoL adjustments to Evo and Rune.

But ACTIVISION-blizzard isn't going to take these issues too seriously if there are still a lot of people willing to play this class in the state it is right now.

Stop playing your Mages.

Only when the Mage population is under represented in raids and PvP will ACTIVISION-blizzard do anything significant about these issues.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Warlock
- Kil'jaeden's Cunning no longer increases the cast time of the spell.

... What. Are you serious?

What does that have anything to do with Mobility... it still lowers the warlocks movement speed when you cast?

Mages have Ice Floes and Scorch, plz get real.
Reply Quote
60 Undead Rogue
10/31/2012 06:34 AMPosted by Mumrit
TBH I had an inner feeling it would be scrapped after initial testing. It did little to nothing to fix Arcane Invocation and was too OP for Fire/Frost

After testing out Invocation on live, I came to the conclusion that it really wasn't OP for fire or frost. Fire faired better in terms of mana management than frost, yet I still dropped to 56% mana after chain casting for the fourty second duration of the buff (with 5 hot streak procs in that time)

You'd still have to channel evocation to reach 100% mana for four of the five ticks, saving only 2-2.5 seconds a minute.

Saying something like:
Mages might stop Evocating ever.

Shows that GC doesn't know how the talent works.

I'm pretty sure in general GC mostly has no clue what he is doing (7+ Pyros anyone? LOL)
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Yeah, three things they've said about mages (two from GC, one from another blue) since MOP launched and all three things have been wrong:

1.) 7 pyros in a shatter combo.
2.) Mages might stop Evocating ever.
3.) A 3 second cool down to pyro adjusted by haste won't effect PVE.
Reply Quote
What does that have anything to do with Mobility... it still lowers the warlocks movement speed when you cast?

Mages have Ice Floes and Scorch, plz get real.

I'm not sure you're aware of what "DPS" is in relation to mobility. You see, when most ranged classes move, their DPS goes down. Mages, Priests, and Boomkin have to use a different, weaker rotation. Telling Mages to use Scorch while moving is like saying we don't need KJC because we can just Fel Flame while moving.

I hope this has been informative for you, and I wish you luck in your continued education on the concept of "DPS".
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]