Solo Tempest Keep

88 Undead Priest
So earlier today I got a bit bored and decided to try something a bit different. I have a fresh 90 rogue who is geared for pvp and thought it might be interesting to try out Tempest Keep 25. I got the first boss with no problem. Got the second as well, but that Belf and his adds just made a mess of things with me. Now I'm quite aware if I changed my gear it might help, but I was just having fun here.
My question is this: How many people are finding themselves doing these old raids solo?
90 Pandaren Monk
I solo TK once a week and that blood elf guy is

Kael'thas "Kael" Sunstrider was a senior member of the Kirin Tor and the Prince of Quel'Thalas, the last of the Sunstrider dynasty. After the fall of Quel'Thalas, Kael'thas led what remained of his people in the service of the Alliance. Striving to placate his people's addiction to magic, he later covertly allied with Illidan Stormrage and the Burning Legion.

A little respect for one of the most feared bosses of BC
90 Pandaren Monk
I should also mention that even as a tank kael is a hard fight because he does a stacking debuff
88 Undead Priest
It's been so long since I've been in there I can't remember a thing about it. It was like walking into something new.
I plan to go back with my DK or warrior after I finish gearing them up. The rogue wasn't the best choice for this fight.

My question is this: How many people are finding themselves doing these old raids solo?

I'm now soloing Onyxia, Malygos (EoE), Mount Hyjal and as of yesterday, I'm now farming Kael'thas in TK. As my 475 ilevel combat rogue.

One of my most favorite things about a new expansion and new level cap is being able to solo old raid dungeons and heroics for transmog gear, pets and mounts! The feeling of being able to do it solo is great, because these were dungeons I would struggle through with 4 to 24 other people, and now i'm doing it all on my own! Or my guild would have these dungeons on farm status and it came to the point where doing'em over and over again was boring because I could just DPS, tank or heal with my eyes closed.

But when I can solo raids and heroics, I can do them when I want and at my own pace. If I wanna stop and continue later I can do it. But best of all, if the rare pet, mount or transmog gears drop then it's all MINE and mine alone! :D
Edited by Sproketi on 10/31/2012 8:27 AM PDT
The MC mechanic on Kaelthas might make things difficult.
93 Blood Elf Hunter
I love soloing old raids, the one I do (almost) every week are:
SWP
BT
KT
Kara
Ony

I sometimes do others for achievements/transmog gear:
Ulduar
ToC
Naxx
Mag
Gruul
Kara
BWL

ICC is annoying because you can only solo 2 bosses, need at least 1 more for gunship...
90 Draenei Shaman
Do you still need to be in a raid group to get into TK?
70 Blood Elf Paladin
10/31/2012 08:36 AMPosted by Disquette
Do you still need to be in a raid group to get into TK?

Yes, to my knowledge the 2 only one where it's been (partially) lifted are BWL and MC. And that's only when you port in through the guy or the orb, if you try to get in when you are in BRD or UBRS you still need a raid group.
90 Dwarf Hunter
10/31/2012 08:33 AMPosted by Kunafun
The MC mechanic on Kaelthas might make things difficult.

Kael doesn't MC when you fight him solo.
88 Undead Priest
I

I'm now soloing Onyxia, Malygos (EoE), Mount Hyjal and as of yesterday, I'm now farming Kael'thas in TK. As my 475 ilevel combat rogue.

One of my most favorite things about a new expansion and new level cap is being able to solo old raid dungeons and heroics for transmog gear, pets and mounts! The feeling of being able to do it solo is great, because these were dungeons I would struggle through with 4 to 24 other people, and now i'm doing it all on my own! Or my guild would have these dungeons on farm status and it came to the point where doing'em over and over again was boring because I could just DPS, tank or heal with my eyes closed.

But when I can solo raids and heroics, I can do them when I want and at my own pace. If I wanna stop and continue later I can do it. But best of all, if the rare pet, mount or transmog gears drop then it's all MINE and mine alone! :D

I really like the looks of some of the older gear as well, and that's what gave me the idea to start running these again.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
SWC
The hardest part about kael is surviving the all the CCs (fears, disorients, snares, knockbacks and stuns). If you can do that and kill them in a timely manor it should be a pretty easy kill. A bit of self healing helps as well.
88 Undead Priest
10/31/2012 08:44 AMPosted by Tuesdays
The hardest part about kael is surviving the all the CCs (fears, disorients, snares, knockbacks and stuns). If you can do that and kill them in a timely manor it should be a pretty easy kill. A bit of self healing helps as well.

I got his 4 buddies just fine, I just couldn't get him and all those weapons he throw at me. Being a fresh 90 in pvp gear it was obvious I was fighting the wrong fight. But hey, it was fun just to get that far solo.
70 Blood Elf Paladin
10/31/2012 08:51 AMPosted by Erelus

I got his 4 buddies just fine, I just couldn't get him and all those weapons he throw at me. Being a fresh 90 in pvp gear it was obvious I was fighting the wrong fight. But hey, it was fun just to get that far solo.

You mean separately or altogether? Because imo the weapon phase is much easier than the 4 advisers together.
88 Undead Priest
10/31/2012 08:54 AMPosted by Pallymacbeal

You mean separately or altogether? Because imo the weapon phase is much easier than the 4 advisers together.

I took them on one at a time. That was easy. I just forgot all about the weapon phase and wasn't expecting it. I just returned to WoW after being gone for 2 years, and it's been at least 4 years since I did TK.
83 Blood Elf Warlock
4 advisors phase, and playing a toon that can't use staves, redefines the term 'stunlock'.
90 Night Elf Rogue
I could reliably get him to phase 4 when I was level 85. He was soloable then and I'd imagine the higher health pools and damage output should make him pretty easy now.

Sticks that the gold is nerfed now, as I used to just run the first three bosses every week for the 750g and would make a few attempts at Kael just to see if I could do it.

I should go back and try again now that I'm 90 and see how it goes...that mount sure is appealing.
100 Human Death Knight
I solo'd Kael for the first time last week. It took two tries because I didn't know what to expect.

Basically aggro the boss then run back outside before the pink gates closes. Spread out the four adds all over the raid instance because it is nearly impossible to fight all 4 at once due to CC's. When they rez the should come to you at different times.

Rest is easy.
Edited by Mantaur on 10/31/2012 9:29 AM PDT
100 Blood Elf Warlock
ever since the mop reduction to gold drops from bosses iv stopped farming most raids.
'
the only ones i still do are alysrazor 10man, onyxia and heroic zg panther boss for a shot at their mounts that i have yet to collect. iv yet to find a way to survive the raptor bosses decapitate attack or id farm him too : <
Edited by Vellektrå on 10/31/2012 9:33 AM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]