Light of Dawn + Relic of Chi Ji = rage

90 Draenei Paladin
Am I the only Holy Paladin who is giving serious consideration to NOT using this trinket on any fight where I need to use LoD and there's some sort of ground effect or movement mechanic? (Which, to say, is most of the tier.)

Last night I made the mistake of keeping it equipped on Blade Lord progression... p2 didn't go so well, there was much screaming on vent when everything went white while we were trying to get through the initial group of tornadoes.

Good thing I had Empty Fruit Barrel in my bags, I suppose. Theoretically I could create a cancelaura macro for the trinket proc, but to be honest, I feel that a minimalist UI is necessary for me to keep my head in the fight rather than being distracted by numerous trinket procs and stuff. Asking me to heal, dodge tornadoes, AND be prepared to cancel a trinket proc on a moment's notice is not going to end all that well, or at the very least will take a lot of practice.

I'm just not very pleased with not being able to use one of my BiS trinkets because of a graphical bug/feature that Blizzard has not seen fit to fix. It's an easy fix - change the graphic to not be a screenblocking, eye-blinding, fire-hiding monstrosity.

So now that I've ranted, back to the original question - am I crazy for not even wanting to use the trinket whenever it's a fight that I need to LoD fairly frequently? Which is a lot of them on 25... I just feel that, even though it's an absurdly good trinket, anything that has a detrimental impact on the raid's situational awareness is not going to be worth using.
Edited by Tailias on 11/2/2012 8:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Its is annoying but it in no way prohibits others from executing the tornado phase. Unequiping the best trinket available to you just because its an annoyance to some seems a bit extreme.

I am sure they will fix this "soon". Seems no one is really a big fan.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
So what exactly does this do? I'm going to be picking up the trinket on the weekend and I'd prefer to warn my raid or something.

*goes to try and find a youtube video*
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Basically the trinket, when it procs gives you and your spells a celestial visual effect. This means the LOD looks like a very bright white ray of light.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
It turns Light of Dawn into this:

edit: err wrong link, sec

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/2631/lodn.jpg
Edited by Tailias on 11/2/2012 9:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
It's also pretty annoying with Spinning Crane Kick, which I am using in p2 to heal people as we're moving.

The horrendous white graphic needs to go. The trinket should just have glowy sparks around my character, not around my spell effects.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
It's also pretty annoying with Spinning Crane Kick, which I am using in p2 to heal people as we're moving.

The horrendous white graphic needs to go. The trinket should just have glowy sparks around my character, not around my spell effects.

That's a good point, Pallies and Monks both really have a hard time with this trinket.

You're right, Irial, unequipping the trinket totally is probably an overreaction, but I really am tired of flinching and being unable to see in front of my toon whenever I need to AoE heal.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Oh joy. This is all I need...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Side note... I hate Ook and that fruit barrel. I have been in there at least once or more a day since I was able to do heroics and have yet to see that damn trinket drop. If I see another sword, chest piece, boots or bracers drop from him I am going to go postal.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
11/02/2012 11:19 AMPosted by Hemorrhagic
Side note... I hate Ook and that fruit barrel. I have been in there at least once or more a day since I was able to do heroics and have yet to see that damn trinket drop. If I see another sword, chest piece, boots or bracers drop from him I am going to go postal.

Oh that is a shame. IT is a DAMNED good trinket and I'll actually be replacing this weekend with this BiS Trinket now that I have my cards! But it's a GOOD SOLID trinket - keep running !!!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
The real question is why are you not casting Eternal Flame?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
So what exactly does this do? I'm going to be picking up the trinket on the weekend and I'd prefer to warn my raid or something.

*goes to try and find a youtube video*

It's so obnoxious, really it is.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
Yeah I agree Tail (well, you know I do!). I basically didn't use SCK in that phase for the same reason. Also, it makes Elegon transitions (where there are those puddles on the ground) annoying, and when my trinket procs I basically have to run out of the raid because I don't want to distract people from what they're supposed to be avoiding.

As far as I've seen, Light of Dawn and Spinning Crane Kick are the only major offenders with that trinket. Usually it's not a big deal, but yeah if your raid is having to dance around stuff constantly (like on the first two bosses of HoF) it definitely seems potentially detrimental.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I equipped my H HoU that I still have for some reason. I got yelled at for using LoD in the last phase of Blade Lord, but it's not really one of the heals you want to avoid using right there :(

Its is annoying but it in no way prohibits others from executing the tornado phase. Unequiping the best trinket available to you just because its an annoyance to some seems a bit extreme.

I am sure they will fix this "soon". Seems no one is really a big fan.

That phase basically required me using LoD. At the same time, I'm making an explosion of light that completely obstructs at least my view, and the view of anyone near me. And it lasts for about one whole second, which is plenty of time for a tornado to come up and snag you. I barely managed to dodge when I first realized my folly.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Swaggle:

I feel like SCK wouldn't be nearly as destructive in p2, though, until you're right at the spawn point for the tornadoes.

Overall, though, yes, spell effects should not be affected by that darn trinket.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
11/02/2012 03:29 PMPosted by Eloderung
The real question is why are you not casting Eternal Flame?

This^
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It also makes it impossible for anyone near you to see sonic rings on Zor'lok. It's pretty helpful.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I really like how it affects my divine aegis. Only other priest spell it works on is Holy Nova.
Edited by Sotanaht on 11/5/2012 9:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
/face palm and now I know why my SCK is a white disc of doom only some of the time... and I need that trinket... I don't have another.

WTB hotfix that removes the visual effect for the trinket proc.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/02/2012 11:19 AMPosted by Hemorrhagic

At least you haven't lost it, a couple times, to a pug Mage. :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]