[Resource] Ravenholdt Guildmaster Support

90 Human Paladin
Man this would have been so helpful back when I was GM of an rp guild on alliance side struggling to get TE to participate in roleplay with us. OR when they (and a second guild that can remain nameless) attempted to ask me to shut Castle Aurastorm out of the Rp community because they had some kind of dumb ooc grudge.

BUT lucky me you made this just in time to help support my new endeavor! Hand of Five will be seeking a guiding hand or five as we attempt to make it through the wilderness!

I can already see in my own posts and threads how supportive this new GM thing is. Thanks Aerana!

I really wish I would have known that you were looking for RP. I was dying for such opportunities, and was glad to get to RP with you all any time you showed up. As of late, my schedule was pushed to the max over the last six months, getting married does that, but I would have loved to have continued the RP with HR. I've slowly been building my play time back up, but I would have made time for HR if you asked.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Great post!

As former GM of Legion of Noobs, my advice to the new GMs is to keep the faith. It took us almost a year to get off the ground. Interaction and helpfulness is key. If you are learned about the game, you will put yourself on the fast track.

Choose your guild name wisely. On one hand, Legion of Noobs is a troll/horde magnet. On the other hand, some of our most active members joined because they liked the name. Regardless what you name yourself, your interaction in the community will eventually supersede the guild name, positively or negatively. (I'm still waiting for Blizzard to add a "Noob" village to give our guild name some credibility.)

Also, don't be afraid to pass on the GM role, if someone is better suited. I did this. You cry for two weeks and then you get over it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Request for sticky, complete! :)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
11/09/2012 11:42 AMPosted by Braebaric
I'm still waiting for Blizzard to add a "Noob" village

Goldshire called....
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
11/09/2012 01:42 PMPosted by Cayreth
Goldshire called....

It wants to know if you are going to be here for Sundays orgy, and if your going to bring the snackfoods.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter

I really wish I would have known that you were looking for RP. I was dying for such opportunities, and was glad to get to RP with you all any time you showed up. As of late, my schedule was pushed to the max over the last six months, getting married does that, but I would have loved to have continued the RP with HR. I've slowly been building my play time back up, but I would have made time for HR if you asked.

Yeah you were missed. I was hoping we would be able to spark more RP when I saw you back, but everything just went plaid. Good to see you back though- and if you ever find yourself horde side however unlikely that may be- I am sure Jaxie would have a place for you in her treasure hunting.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I have to take the time to forward this to my officers since they all take some of my GM functions.
Edited by Zadir on 11/16/2012 2:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Yeah you were missed. I was hoping we would be able to spark more RP when I saw you back, but everything just went plaid. Good to see you back though- and if you ever find yourself horde side however unlikely that may be- I am sure Jaxie would have a place for you in her treasure hunting.

You know... I have never leveled a goblin. I just might need to do so.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Bump it up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4Vp1n5uveg
Reply Quote
*Laughs*

Thanks Zadir. How are things going with your guild? If you have anything to contribute, I'd be happy to add it to the main posts (and attribute it to you, of course). Glad to see you around more on the forums!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Very informative thread, thanks for taking the time to write it up.
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 12:04 PMPosted by Savane
Very informative thread, thanks for taking the time to write it up.

Thanks for taking the time to read it. If you have any input on raiding guild leadership, Savane, I think that could be really helpful. While TE raids, it's not to the level that <Nephilim> does so I'm not sure I have a lot of insight in that realm.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
If you have any input on raiding guild leadership, Savane, I think that could be really helpful. While TE raids, it's not to the level that <Nephilim> does so I'm not sure I have a lot of insight in that realm.

^ I skimmed through the first posts, but this is a great example of a guild leader knowing when to give other people the chance to lead/participate. Just because someone makes a great guild leader, does not mean they will make great rp/pvp/pve leaders. Glad to have this resource and I know it will come in handy to all of Ravenholdt.

...and in the spirit of my gm/bf
Bump it up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4Vp1n5uveg
Edited by Dinda on 11/18/2012 5:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 05:52 PMPosted by Dinda
^ I skimmed through the first posts, but this is a great example of a guild leader knowing when to give other people the chance to lead/participate. Just because someone makes a great guild leader, does not mean they will make great rp/pvp/pve leaders. Glad to have this resource and I know it will come in handy to all of Ravenholdt.

This is a really good point. Just because someone is a Guild Leader doesn't mean that they have to lead every part of the guild. Finding key people as officers and/or leaders will help to lessen the stress and create a better chance that your guild will be successful with what it does. I'll edit something like this into one of the previous posts to highlight its importance. Thanks for the reminder!
Reply Quote
This thread is being bumped (yes, yes, I know, it's old) because I had some people asking some questions about some of the issues discussed in here so I'm bumping it for them. If there's anything that I should add to it, let me know.

Thanks for staying amazing, Ravenholdt! I'm excited to see some of the new guilds popping up lately!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/06/2013 08:33 PMPosted by Aerana
This thread is being bumped (yes, yes, I know, it's old) because I had some people asking some questions about some of the issues discussed in here so I'm bumping it for them.

Actually, I'm glad you bumped this thread! This is my first time seeing it.

Thanks for all your hard work, Aerana. Great topic of discussion.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
*Examines guide* Oh, this is another hunter weapon!

Glad you bumped this, actually. I'd forgotten about it. When you originally made this I thought to myself, "Good thing I'll never have to think about any of that!" ...and now here I am thinking about it.
Reply Quote
I'm glad that it was helpful to both of you! If you can think of anything that should be added or discussed more, let's start the conversation.

And it's good to think about it, Ryoka. I'm confident that your guild is in very capable hands and I can't wait to see where it goes in the future!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/08/2013 05:39 PMPosted by Ryöka
When you originally made this I thought to myself, "Good thing I'll never have to think about any of that!" ...and now here I am thinking about it.

^
Reply Quote
^

But doing well, right?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]