5.1 Warrior vs Frost Mages

100 Human Warrior
Are we back to basically being destroyed again? Avatar is now only removal of immobilizing effects instead of immunity, effectively making us like a monk but on a 3 minute CD instead of 30 second, and gag order is pretty much removed.
Doesn't this basically remove our ability to stand a chance against frost mages?

On a general note, I pose three questions for the forum:
1) What does this mean for our ability to stick on a healer, now that we can be immobilized in our burst and cannot silence?
2) Do we lose severe viability compared to enh shaman, hunter, and mage teams?
3) Overall, where does this place us in the melee rankings? Are we knocked off our top pedestal? If so, where do we lie now?

Before I'm assaulted, I"m not complaining. While I feel like this was a very bad way to go about fixing out burst (and complete removal of gag order), it was completely needed. I'm merely looking for the outcome of it in the eyes of the forums.
Reply Quote
Yea leave the frost mages to us hunters. Seems like thats the only job we have now besides defending a node in bgs.
Edited by ßøw on 11/6/2012 7:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Paladin
Mages that lose to warriors right now are bad.

Mages that lose to warriors after 5.1 should just delete.

But hey game isn't balanced around 1v1 so while your healer is poly or blanket silenced or pom ringed or deeped just ask to get a dispel so maybe you can get a absorbed hit in on the mage.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Warriors still have stupid burst so all it will take is 2-3 seconds on the frost mage to kill them. And also there are still things like hand of freedom/dispells to keep you on targets.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
11/06/2012 07:36 PMPosted by Goonhah
Doesn't this basically remove our ability to stand a chance against frost mages?
FFS STOP TRYING TO !@#$ING BEAT OUT FROST MAGE I HATE YOU

but...but...I just want to once. :c

Mages that lose to warriors right now are bad.

Mages that lose to warriors after 5.1 should just delete.

But hey game isn't balanced around 1v1 so while your healer is poly or blanket silenced or pom ringed or deeped just ask to get a dispel so maybe you can get a absorbed hit in on the mage.

You've got humour similar to Tosan. I like you.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Didn't realize Tosan was a passive aggressive buffoon.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
11/06/2012 08:08 PMPosted by Conspiracy
Didn't realize Tosan was a passive aggressive buffoon.

you didn't suggest anything whatsoever.
And no, he uses sarcasm/satire in a way to bring light to an issue. That is, the combined control and damage potential of a frost mage.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I dunno why warriors complain about losing to mages when warriors in turn demolish classes like warlock
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
11/06/2012 08:42 PMPosted by Chiffey
I dunno why warriors complain about losing to mages when warriors in turn demolish classes like warlock

Ideally, there shouldn't be a Rock-Paper-Scissors match. In BG's that'd be fine, but not in arenas, where skill should overwhelm comp should overwhelm class. I don't want to beat warlocks all the time (we actually don't in some situations), just as I don't want to lose to mages all the time. And I'm sure you don't like losing to hunters all the time. Every class *should* have equal footing versus each other, even if it might be spread out across expansions (like frost mages and rogues have had a tug-of-war win/loss match)

Warriors have never ever reliably beaten frost mages. This was arguably the closest we ever got, and now it's being pretty badly taken out.

That's why. Once again, I'm not complaining, but no class should lose simply because the other team happens to have a class that counters you. (Like warrior/healer losing to blood DK blood DK. What even you do so far as even.)
Reply Quote
Don't ask to be balanced around fighting frost mages. You !@#$ up every other caster in the game when warriors are balanced around fighting frost mages. No other caster has those anti-melee tools.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
11/06/2012 08:52 PMPosted by Raventhor
Ideally, there shouldn't be a Rock-Paper-Scissors match. In BG's that'd be fine, but not in arenas, where skill should overwhelm comp should overwhelm class.

Never happened never will, there's always going to be hard counter comps. Warriors can't complain really the amount of mobility the already have is insane and really good. You lose gag order which I can't be more happy about the throw is meh but I'm sick of being silenced after faking pummel. As for Avatar not making you immune to snare/roots that's not the way the situation should have been handled, but I guess it works. They should have just made it so you can't pop Reck and Avatar together.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Frost mages inherently are strong vs melee. Deal with it, you'll still be the best class in the game by a mile. If winning mage duels is so important to you just go practice spell reflecting deep freeze, fearing the pet when nova is down, etc. Get spell alerter so you know when he has FoF procs. Might even be worth speccing bladestorm for the 1v1. Remember, safeguard removes roots. Safeguarding to your banners will allow you to get out of a few novas.

Know when the deep freeze commeth. If you're spell reflect is on CD and you think cooldowns are coming out, shield wall preemptively. Just get good.

TBH, good mages are going to beat good warriors, but most mages aren't close to good.

And @OP: Your mobility is not trashed by this. Hell, if you play with a pally your mobility is hardly even affected by this. Freedom goes out on Avatar, and its almost as good. Use intervene, use it well, use it often. Try to use it for the full duration roots. When you don't have intervene, your healer might consider dispelling nova, depending on the circumstances.
Edited by Esseldrin on 11/7/2012 10:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Frost mages deserve to die.
If you play one your not cool.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
WGS
If you're not the best you're obviously the worst.

IF YA AIN'T FIRST YOU'RE LAST. - This Warrior
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
not winning is being the first loser
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Why do warriors think they should be able to beat mages?

It's called a counter

Warrior is MORE than fine right now, deal with it
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

It's called a counter

Because mages are !@#$ing scum, that's why.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

It's called a counter

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]