How to Garalon LFR

90 Tauren Warrior
This may have been posted before, but I didn't see one in the middle of all the other lfr related garalon posts. I'm not the inventor of this idea, I'm just trying to spread the message.

1. If the tanks are competent each tank can hold pheremones for 20 stacks, drop a pool, step back, drop a pool. Switch as needed, watch the other tank so you don't switch early. Stay in swipe range but not so close that you trigger crushes, turn slowly. Kite around the outer wall. You don't have to actively tank him, that just risks getting into the crush circle. The pools are not instantly deadly so if you have to move through one to keep kiting do it.

2. DPS stand within the blue dashed circle and kill legs, do not enter the purple circle. If the only legs up are hard to get to due to pools or positoning just dps the boss a bit, the legs will respawn.

3. Healers stay on the back side of Garalon for the dps / within range of the tanks. Damage is not that bad as long as Garaon doesnt get a lot of Fury stacks, crushes are easy to heal.

I ran this once on my Hunter first to see the fight and we wiped constantly trying to use real kiters... it is too messy... people can't learn to avoid you. I know I'm not the first person to use this idea.

On my LFR kill I was life gripped by a priest who tried to grief the raid. We had a lot of accidental pheremone grabs, some fury stacks, some crushes but we still killed him with 24 people alive, otherwise raid damage wasn't bad and we kited well.

The fight is NOT hard, people are too busy applying normal mode strategies to LFR, which just isn't going to work most of the time. I agree that the fight is flawed and griefing is noticible. But having your tanks kite is the easiest way to do this fight with as little pain as possible.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Re-read what you just posted. You are delusional if you think it is reasonable for a random group of people who are uncoordinated, have no communication, and have no accountability for being terrible to execute that strategy efficiently.

This is very similar to Heroic Oculus. There are only 3 things anyone has to pay attention to at any given time, and it still proved to be way too much to ask.
Edited by Lockenspiel on 11/7/2012 8:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Re-read what you just posted. You are delusional if you think it is reasonable for a random group of people who are uncoordinated, have no communication, and have no accountability for being terrible to execute that strategy efficiently.

This is very similar to Heroic Oculus. There are only 3 things anyone has to pay attention to at any given time, and it still proved to be way too much to ask.

It's basically a taunt swap for the tanks, except "taunting" is now walking close to the other tank.

For everyone else all they have to do it not stand in front of or directly under the boss and perform their usual role.

That's too much to ask?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Not all LFR people are bads, just takes some lucky RNG to get a LFR group that isn't.

With that said my LFR attempt at Garalon was just horrible, had a life gripping priest and people who run into the purple circle and then those that purposely (I mean they had to do this on purpose) get the pheromones and drop pools all over the dang area.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]