Message from VPirate, an old-school DS player

90 Human Warlock
I've never seen so many men waste away so badly. I have been playing on this server since November 2005 and ever since then this server has wasted away. First it was transferring off the server (anyone remember Bloodbath and Beyond?) and this happened at a slow pace for a few years. Until sometime between half a year to a full year ago this server seemed to have a stable population. Oh you may certainly point out that distant and mind boggling new worlds (Star Wars and Guild Wars 2) have drawn the rest of the players away. I certainly would agree with you, but the most important reason why this server has declined into a handful of people is because it's only a game. The game has gotten boring for many. For the many this one player is about to join the rest of society. You see for the past two years I have been taking long gaps between playing. Every time I come back from these self-imposed vacations I see the server a shadow of what it was once was before.

You see, in this world there's two kinds of players, my friend: Those PvP and those who PvE. Both have a mixture of hardcore and casual players. However I wonder if this kind of player enjoys playing in Demon Soul anymore or for that matter with WoW in general. The hack and slash grinding has become a bore and as I see life pass me by while playing a game that has put a veil over me I will go live life and not one through some fantasy game.
Experiencing life and living life for the adventure it is seems more appealing to me than the continuation of sitting at a computer wasting away daylight. I am missing out on life and whatever it has to offer. So as I close this chapter of my life, I bid you farewell and I hope you come join me in reality.
Reply Quote
91 Troll Priest
Enjoy your time away from it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Remember seeing you around a lot in vanilla and bc.
/salute

P.S: pretty sure Demon Soul opened in May 2006
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]