Am I the only one sick of Alliance population

100 Tauren Druid
I cant be the only Horde player sick of the amount of Human ganking that goes on can I? It's essentially impossible to level any of my alts, as Frostmourne as it stands is ~3:1 Alliance to horde ratio.

I know everyone is going to say "go play a PvE server then", but that's not really insightful, and doesn't really offer anything.

I enjoy open world PvP, it's why I chose Frostmourne all those years ago when Oceanic servers opened up. What I hate, is the high amount of Alliance who find it enjoyable to fly around in groups of 4-5 ganking level 85-87 for "lulz" because they're either too sh*t to pick fair fights, or they're bored with the game.

This is pretty much a rant, and i know it doesn't really mean anything to anyone. I'm just sick of dying to 5v1 fights while leveling an Alt.

I wonder though, how many people would switch back from Alliance if the Human racial got nerfed?

EDIT: For anyone interested to see what I'm talking about, go here and click Frostmourne server, and slide the level bar to 90.

http://wow.realmpop.com/us-frostmourne.html

Humans alone are 27% of the server.
Edited by Kow on 11/12/2012 2:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
It's 1 alliance to every 0.57 apparently, not that huge a difference.

http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/oc

edit: I guess that is for 90s, but meh
Edited by Orchitis on 11/12/2012 2:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Yer, was more talking about 90's as that's what I'm having a whinge about.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I know quite a few on horde and there hasn't been too much of an issue if you play your cards right.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
What does that even mean? lol.

I don't care about ganking on me when i'm on my main, I'm used to it and a lot of the time can turn the fight to win as I've played my druid a lot. I'm talking about people ganking my alts when trying to level, to the point where I die every 3-5 minutes, without fail (in Valley of Four Winds).

Not sure how a 86 is meant to "play their cards right" against 1-2 86-87's and the eventual stream of 90's pouring out of the sky.

edit: spelling.
Edited by Kow on 11/12/2012 2:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
What does that even mean? lol.

I don't care about ganking on me when i'm on my main, I'm used to it and a lot of the time can turn the fight to win as I've played my druid a lot. I'm talking about people ganking my alts when trying to level, to the point where I die every 3-5 minutes, without fail (in Valley of Four Winds).

Not sure how a 86 is meant to "play their cards right" against 1-2 86-87's and the eventual stream of 90's pouring out of the sky.

edit: spelling.

I mean knowing where to quest, knowing where to avoid ect, as they have seen alliance gank pretty much always in the same places when they are on other toons. So they quest their alts in certain areas and dont hang around to much.

I've never heard of horde that I know complaining of alliance that way too much that's all. You see the odd thread about it but people get over it quickly.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I'm merely stating that with ~3100 level 90 Horde, and ~2400 Human players alone, not even including the rest of the Alliance, there is little hope for a fair PvP encounter in the current game.

Put simply, it either forces players to become part of the problem, and faction change, making matters worse. Or spend money on paying for 1-4 character transfers to a PvE server, which i don't think is entirely fair.

I'm just curious how many people would cease to play Human is their racial was nerved, and if the effect on PvP realms would be an overall positive one.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
It just !@#$s me that if feels like you're playing in Alliance territory no matter where you go any more. All it takes is one Alliance to start a fight (very common as there is almost no consequence) and you're screwed. Basic chance determines help will come for the Alliance player before the Horde.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
11/12/2012 02:24 AMPosted by Kow
I'm just curious how many people would cease to play Human is their racial was nerved, and if the effect on PvP realms would be an overall positive one.

Everyone would go Horde because there would be no reason to play Alliance in either PvP or PvE.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Not quite my point, and no need to be (I assume) sarcastic. I was merely pointing out that with Human population being 27% of server population alone, it's not hard to see the problem it represents on PvP realms.

The reason it's a problem is the vast majority of human players are PvP players. Those players are playing on a PvP realm, and given they're likely trying to min/max they're good players. This leaves people who either play for a bit of fun, or don't care about "perfect' optimization for PvP playing Horde, or other other Alliance races.

Anyway, I've had my rant. I'll go back to the game and hope the ganking parties have found something else to do with their time.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I am sure there are a lot of downies who gank lowbies on both sides.

I havent really managed to get any of my alts past jade forest so havent really had to experience it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Implying horde don't gank as well? Welcome to PVP, aman'thul is waiting for you.

As you may or may not be aware, Frostmourne is a PvP server, which means:

- You can, and will, be killed by the opposing faction once or more during your playtime

-Your questing can, and most likely will, be interrupted by opposing faction players

- You can, and will, be killed by an opposing faction player while you are killing a mob, picking a herb, mining a deposit, fishing at a lake, or running through the forest

-Players of higher levels can, and will, kill you. They will do this repeatedly; they will not tire of killing you if you allow them to do so. If you return to your corpse while opposing faction players are still in the area, expect to be killed again. And again.

-There is no such thing as ganking or griefing on a PvP server. In the words of Blizzard:

The Ongoing Harassment policy does not apply on the PvP server when there is a PvP resolution available. Characters have the ability to deal with their conflicts through combat. Actions that would typically be considered dishonorable actions such as, but not limited to; corpse camping, graveyard camping, or instance zone camping are considered PvP mechanics and are not considered harassment.

If you are having problems with players of an opposing faction you may do 1 of 6 things:
- Call for reinforcement and remove them
-Leave the area and quest in another location
-Attempt to rez over and over until they tire of killing you (not recommended)
-Log out of the game and go do something else. Return to the game after some time has passed and resume questing/hunting
-Log out of the game and play an Alt who is in a different area
-Leave the PvP server all-together and play on a PvE server

It is not the intent to be insensitive to the plight of those who are killed repeatedly when questing or hunting. It can be extremely frustrating. However, please keep in mind that existence on this server is entirely optional and all disputes with opposing faction members should be resolved through combat, not on the boards.
Edited by Miirkat on 11/12/2012 5:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I was a human pally before we gained the trinket racial. Go cry elsewhere.

I hear a lot of min/maxers go for undead anyway for their racials...
Edited by Buruwolfe on 11/12/2012 11:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
its not so bad in most areas but i would avoid valley of the 4 winds like the plague. Worst comes to worst your better off grinding mobs in other areas or if u can tank/heal u can do a quick dungeon while u wait for the alliance to leave.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
I agree unless your the same level as them they shouldn't be able to him you nor you them. Extremely unfair advantage and a complete waste of time. Whats even worse is for servers that didn't normally have this problem now is a major issue leveling lower levels when they "combined" servers now some emerald dream level 90 !@#$%^- comes and rapes you repeatedly in out lands
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
complaining on the forums just makes us want to gank you more,

/target kow

is now bound to all my buttons
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I've had no problem 1v2 at krasarang the last day or so, even 1v3 if people wear pve gear, the only problem is what class I'm fighting, if they just drool at the mouth and zerg me down.

Many alliance players are just bad at pvp, get better than them and its easy.

EDIT: I also did my dailies one hour ago in the cave surrounded by a swarm of alliance players and no one touched me, I'm either too pretty or not very threatening.
Edited by Druzar on 12/2/2012 12:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
12/02/2012 12:41 AMPosted by Druzar
I also did my dailies one hour ago in the cave surrounded by a swarm of alliance players and no one touched me, I'm either too pretty or not very threatening.
I was in that cave this morning and can confirm it is bugged and needs to be fixed asap. Horde everywhere and only one attacked me, then gave up when he couldn't dps through second wind (lol prot warrior).
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Its the same on both sides mate, I had a terrible time leveling my Alliance Hunter, I even gave up for a week it was getting out of hand.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
thats why cross realm exists
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]