Too Serious

90 Human Priest
Over the last few weeks I have spent quite a bit of time out in the Vale. Most of the time ganking my fellow Boulderfistian's, but I always manage to get my dailies done as well.

Anyways, this post is for those of you who are taking me ganking you personally. Stop crying, call someone from Shadow Hand and have them bring out a raid group or something. By getting on an alliance character and spamming me hate messages, you are just giving me motivation to continue to make your life hell. Stop being crybabies and maybe try to gank me when I'm vulnerable. No guarantees though as many of you have found out the hard way :P

Looking forward to the trolls and "AMG I KILD U SOOO HARD"s But it's okay, I'll see you in the Vale eventually :)

If it's red, it's dead!
Regards
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Ah the irony here is so sweet.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yea, as the instigating ganker you're suppose to sit patiently and await delicious qq threads created on the realm forums on your behalf by the gankees.

To create your own post in some attempt to bait for attention seems more as though you are simply impatient or a bit egocentric.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I agree with my fellow rival here... It seems it is a trend that is forming.. People jumping on their opposing faction toon and send hate messages crying that they got ganked... Seriously??

I am starting to think that I am too old for this game now, seeing how the maturity level has gone downhill over the years. Me, I am probably old enough to be a lot you people's dad, but I grew up with the evolution of video games, and I will die with it. ATM, WoW is the game that can consume the most hours for the amount of money I spend to play, so I choose to play it still. When I get messages like similar to what Bewilder speaks of, it makes me wonder what kind of people I am REALLY playing with. Maybe the stereotype is true, maybe this game does attract the 8-12 year old category. Sometimes I wonder if I should move on to a more "mature" atmosphere, but I've been here a long time and I am here to stay. I will keep on ganking, and I will be ganked as well. One thing I promise though, is that I will never create an alliance toon on Boulderfist incognito just to send "hate mail" if I get mad, or ever even. I still to this day never leveled an ally toon past level 4, and he is not on Boulderfist. Horde for life ;)

Again I agree with my fellow rival here, the whining and obscene comments just makes us want to get you even more... It's not "buying" you anything. I will not be intimidated by pink words in a video game either, so just save your rage for your parents or significant other, or better yet take it out on a weaker player and get payback that way... This is coming from me, someone who got their asses handed to them by Bewilder personally, and I will publicly admit it. Granted, I never do great vs. a Spriest, but dude's got skill and I seem to do even worst against him. I know a few spices by name now thanks to their ambushes, they gank me as much as the rest of them. Do I get mad, nope. Will I get even, hell ya!!

Every fight you lose, there is a lesson to be learned to make you better for the next one. Once you get older, you learn that from life. Once you learn it in life, it will reflect on your imaginary life as well. ;)
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Ah, gotta love the whispers of people logging over to the other faction to whine.

To anyone who thinks this is a good idea: if I wanted to chat with you, I would have rolled an alt on your faction instead of ganking you. I don't want to hear about how butthurt you are, and if I do, then I'm going to find you again just to make a point of it. I'm also going to remember your name and look for you in the future as well.

I don't care if you've been trying to do dailies for the last two hours, it's not my problem that you're too dumb to go somewhere else or come back later. I ganked you because it's hilarious and I find it amusing, not because I wanted to open a dialogue with you to discuss my actions and your feelings.

I would recommend reporting anyone who does this, as it's considered to be harassment, and as such, it is a violation of the ToS.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
8-12 year olds are not the only category that will whine when ganked/ act immaturely in general. All age groups can be equally emotionally dis-regulated. Besides in my experience most players are in their teens and early twenties, full of testosterone and hence, aggression.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
as well.

I don't care if you've been trying to do dailies for the last two hours, it's not my problem that you're too dumb to go somewhere else or come back later. I ganked you because it's hilarious and I find it amusing, not because I wanted to open a dialogue with you to discuss my actions and your feelings.

I would recommend reporting anyone who does this, as it's considered to be harassment, and as such, it is a violation of the ToS.

So its basically ok to act like a jerk, and harass the crap out of a single player while they are doing dailies because technically, it isn't against TOS. Yes its a PVP server, yes, you are technically anonymous and yes its a game: but you know that you are deriving your enjoyment from singling out random people and ruining their fun deliberately.

But when people get frustrated enough at being singled out, and make an alliance character to call you names, threaten and harass you back, you "recommend" reporting this.

Yes what you are doing is technically allowed and legal, but you are a disgusting coward and human being, hiding behind anonymity and technical rules to act like a jerk and somehow be justified for it. Then further, you write this post to incite emotion so again you can get off on how leet you are, and how better you are than random people that happen to play the same game you enjoy.

You sicken me. Enjoy WoW. I hope you carry this mentality over to real life.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Btw, I don't post much, I don't get involved in PVP much. I play the game and somehow gain enjoyment from crafting my buddies gear, doing raids and the occasional BG/Arena, but it is safe to say I am a long time casual player.

Heck, usually I don't respond to ganking unless I feel like PVPing. If I win, I move on, If i lose, I move on. So its not from a misunderstanding of WoW or the PVP atmosphere that I posted the above. That person's attitude just sickens me.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
My point is if you want to gank people and be antagonistic thats fine. But you can't recommend reporting them because they hurt your feelings, especially in the light of your insulting and condescending post.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
11/16/2012 09:04 PMPosted by Smites
My point is if you want to gank people and be antagonistic thats fine. But you can't recommend reporting them because they hurt your feelings, especially in the light of your insulting and condescending post.

If i reported someone for that it wouldn't be because they hurt my feelings. It would be because I'm loling at how mad they are and imagining how mad they will be if their account was suspended for violating the ToU. If that makes me a disgusting human being then lol, you need to reevaluate your definitions.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Never take it serious. Love you guys for the fun world pvp.

-Boostleak / TÖpshelf
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
i play with the same mentallity bewilderd. if its red its dead.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
#pvpservers
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Years ago when I started playing I thought the idea of PvP would be exciting, but I really don't have the heart to attack anyone.

"Mmm, that guy is doing dailies....Today's hub is Zan'vess, it's already annoying enough"

or

"He doesn't look very geared. There's no fun in that."

or

"He looks very geared......and that's a warrior. Best to fly away"

or

"Oh, I remember this one! We killed an elite mob together! I wonder how he's doing today. /wave"

I'm too nice for a pvp server. =(
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I'm ganking scum
Edited by Titusmcgee on 11/17/2012 4:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Smites while I understand you are looking at PvP with a moral lens towards the actually human beings playing the characters, you should also understand that this is a game, and if you are the type of person who does not like being killed by other players, you really shouldn't join a PvP server. Many people I think overlook the fact that some people play this game primarily because of the lore, and to really feel like they are part of the world of warcraft, meaning - that they are soldiers taking part in this vicious war between the horde and the alliance. I am one of those people, and if I see an enemy soldier who may kill one of my alliance comrades if I leave him alive, I am going to kill him. I might kill him again if he resurrects right away, and that is in hopes that he will go somewhere else or log off - the ultimate victory for the alliance. We are outnumbered by horde 2:1 on this server, if we can get horde to log off then we are essentially evening out the sides of the war. As unfortunate as it may be for the people controlling those characters, that's just the life of a PvP server. Yes, there are people who maliciously want to harm other players emotions, but there will always be sadistic soldiers in war. If a player comes to the alliance side to complain to me about being killed, then this serves to bring me out of my immersion into the world of warcraft and back into real life. This is why it's against the ToS, and I agree with it for that reason.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
11/16/2012 10:46 PMPosted by Swiftspice

If i reported someone for that it wouldn't be because they hurt my feelings. It would be because I'm loling at how mad they are and imagining how mad they will be if their account was suspended for violating the ToU. If that makes me a disgusting human being then lol, you need to reevaluate your definitions.

Exactly. I didn't say anything about my feelings being hurt. I report them because their jimmies are obviously already rustled, and it's hilarious thinking about how they're going to be even more rustled when they get reported. You obviously have no idea why we do what we do.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
11/15/2012 12:12 PMPosted by Greenosed
I am starting to think that I am too old for this game now, seeing how the maturity level has gone downhill over the years. Me, I am probably old enough to be a lot you people's dad, but I grew up with the evolution of video games, and I will die with it. ATM, WoW is the game that can consume the most hours for the amount of money I spend to play, so I choose to play it still.

http://cdn.gunaxin.com/wp-content/uploads/gallery/video-game-demotivational-posters/vgdp10.jpg

It was needed; Enjoy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/17/2012 05:57 PMPosted by Dimetapp

Exactly. I didn't say anything about my feelings being hurt. I report them because their jimmies are obviously already rustled, and it's hilarious thinking about how they're going to be even more rustled when they get reported. You obviously have no idea why we do what we do.

You're pissing people off on purpose because thats your idea of fun. Which as I said before, I understand and its fine, its covered by TOS etc., But, what I am saying is that human nature still exists. So basically don't be surprise if people would like to hurt you in real life.

I think your standard of being antagonistic as a source of entertainment is up to you; but there is a simple fact of life: pissing people off makes them hate you. Hate makes them want to harm you. TOS really won't matter if the guy finds out youre his neighbour and you've ganked him for 2 months in a row for fun. He comes over and makes good on his threats. Sure the chances of this happening are basically non-existent, but the point is that pissing people off have consequences, even in an anonymous game.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
"Stop being crybabies and maybe try to gank me when I'm vulnerable. "

Thats my point. Some people can't and instead will resort to name calling by making toons on the ally side. You can't say that its out of line, etc., etc., when fundamentally this is the behavior you are cultivating from your fellow players.

By the way, I am playing devils' advocate here. I know its a pvp server and like I said before, sometimes I gank, sometimes I move on.

And your hypocrisy, disguised under TOS/social niceties, still disgusts me because to be frank, even in a competitive game in real life, you would not act this way.

Normal Person + Power of Anonymity = Going out of the way to indulge in being a jerk because if you did that without anonymity, theres a good chance some people with their "rustled jimmies" might hurt you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]