Too Serious

90 Human Paladin
11/17/2012 04:18 PMPosted by Garrokk
Yes, there are people who maliciously want to harm other players emotions, but there will always be sadistic soldiers in war. If a player comes to the alliance side to complain to me about being killed, then this serves to bring me out of my immersion into the world of warcraft and back into real life. This is why it's against the ToS, and I agree with it for that reason.

I agree, but people are people. Thus when you pick on someone, decide to be a vicious solider in role play, or just being a #*@!@#!%, you can't be shocked when people wish harm upon you in real life. That is humanity, if they don't have the skill for the game, they level the playing field.

Not saying either method is right or wrong; my point is that acting like a jerk then hiding behind TOS because the people you took time out to antagonize want to hurt you is BS.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Please explain how doing something which doesn't break the rules of the game and then invoking a reaction that does break the rules of the game, then complaining that they broke the rules is BS?

That's like playing tag and setting someone up to be tagged. They get tagged so they pick up a brick and smack you in the face with it. If you're playing a game you should be prepared for the consequences for it and not break the rules just because you lost. Simple as that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Human nature.

Lets take your tag example.

You play tag, and you keep chasing after one guy whever you are it. Hes lets say, the fat kid, and can't run from you, but instead of getting thinner or stopping playing altogether, he perseveres but resents you for picking on him. Then since you are the constant, his frustrations on everything start boiling down on the constant irritation. Then he unleashes rage that is not equivalent to the situation at you. Columbine?

Human nature. Doesn't care for "If you're playing a game you should be prepared for the consequences for it and not break the rules just because you lost."

Thus why are you surprised at the death threats etc., when you are antagonizing people.

If you still want to be dense about it: America has freedom of speech. Yes those Westboro Baptist church people boycotting dead soliders funerals is distatesful and makes people hate them. Techically according to the law (depending on the state) that is still exercising your freedom of speech.

Again, I am not saying dont pvp, dont gank etc. Or those people !@#$%ing at you are right..

I am saying, that when you act a certain way, you can't expect social rules/TOS whatever, to protect you. And to cry the victim when by your actions you are inciting this is hypocritical and disgusting.

I've my my point as clearly as I can. Frankly I don't care what you do, I just found the whole "I can be a jerk within the TOS, but why oh why are ppl qq-ing with death threats etc., its so confusing" line of thought disgusting.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Oh, I'm not upset or confused at why people try to offend me, I'm just trying to figure out how you believe I'm in the wrong if I report someone for breaking the TOS regardless for their reasons.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
You're not. However it could be argued that this post itself breaks the ToS in the terms of harassment. Unfortunately you haven't really pointed out any person in particular but rather made it a general statement so it would be really hard to say that you are harassing anyone specific.

Blizzard is a fickle beast though. All it could take was for one of the people you claim you ganked that whispered you back to see this post, then message Blizzard and tell them you are openly harassing them in the forums. Blizzard checks the logs and sees that in fact you did gank this person and they did have interaction with you, and for some odd reason ignores the fact the person harassed you and just goes after you and awards you a nice shiny warning. It's happened before. Usually it's the initiative that counts in this situation. The person that messages first, usually gets the "justice" so to speak.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/18/2012 06:58 AMPosted by Smites
I agree, but people are people. Thus when you pick on someone, decide to be a vicious solider in role play, or just being a #*@!@#!%, you can't be shocked when people wish harm upon you in real life. That is humanity, if they don't have the skill for the game, they level the playing field.

It's fair to say I should expect people to become upset and wish harm upon me even though they are playing a game and it's not actually hurting them in real life. But then the question becomes more a philosophical one, am I responsible for the persons inability to control their emotions, just because I caused it? I think not, being a strong advocate of personal accountability, everyone is in control of their own actions, including those mentioned in Columbine and such. While it is unfortunate that some people will get really upset over a game, and I wish we could all just have fun fighting this virtual war against one another, that's not the case for some people. Being a paying subscriber, I feel I should be able to fight the war regardless of peoples lack of emotional regulation. :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
To be honest, what dime said is reportable. His actions in the game is reportable. Pvp is what a pvp server is for. but him saying if someone talks to him, he will hunt them down and gank them for it, single them out. That is reportable, it is in the rule of greff. Him looking for the single player to gank over and over is braking a game rule. so feel free to do that dime.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
11/18/2012 04:17 PMPosted by Tokahay
To be honest, what dime said is reportable. His actions in the game is reportable. Pvp is what a pvp server is for. but him saying if someone talks to him, he will hunt them down and gank them for it, single them out. That is reportable, it is in the rule of greff. Him looking for the single player to gank over and over is braking a game rule. so feel free to do that dime.

Not true, actually. I didn't single out any particular players. That is what is actionable. Not making general statements like I did. Nice try, though.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Singled out ganking is not greifing. It is not against the tos.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I don't want to hear about how butthurt you are, and if I do, then I'm going to find you again just to make a point of it. I'm also going to remember your name and look for you in the future as well.

Um, what do you call that? To me, it is clear to what that is. You might want to read the rules on that statement you made. I know it is not aimed at me, but still, it is clear what that is and it is reportable.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
What Dime said is fine, Blizzard is not against griefing wherein a pvp solution can be sought. E.g. get some friends to help fight back.

As long as he's not making out-of-game threats on your real life, I think you'll be hard-pressed to prove harassment policy violation.
Edited by Laurabelle on 11/19/2012 6:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
either way, it still might be a bit risky, guess it depends on the mood of the game master
Edited by Tokahay on 11/19/2012 10:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
There is a thin line between griefing and just plain out "physical" harassment in-game. Some GMs might take this into consideration and listen to the plea of the player being ganked especially if it's something happening every day for countless hours and is ruining gameplay for that said player. In the end Blizzard is still touchy about it's player being semi satisfied with their time spent in game, if that time is spent being killed over and over for 3 hours straight everyday, they might take action to warn the player doing the deed.

While this might deter your average ganker from continuing, some people (You know who you are) will continue doing this because their entertainment is in ruining your gaming experience and making you upset.
Edited by Samhein on 11/19/2012 11:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I think there is only one thing to ask here now.

Are you mad?
Reply Quote
ya
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Yeah! Science Mr. White!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
rofl, no one reported anyone that know of. and the starting post here was the first cry. Sure, she claim to have ppl pst'ing her crying to her. But all in all, no one but her seen this and im sure the guild she might be in will do that also. In other words, you cry about it, but yet, you do it yourself to ppl that gank you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]