So, as many of you know. The Iron Skyreaver came out recently. Given that it is a chimera, and that we are chimaera, I would be remiss to not speak on the subject.
Obviously, not much needs to be said. Childish rockets screw up flight paths and make the animal look like hell. The armor is pokey, and will surely impale a rider who isn't paying attention. It's a recipe for disaster in more ways than one.
See, we Night Elves understood that you don't fetter a Chimaera. You ask it to hurl acid at your enemies instead, which it will do gladly, and with maximum effectiveness, provided that it is protected. Latching things onto it is a ridiculous notion... but if you had to, we at the Chimaera have... shall we say a few ideas.
1. First, replace those tacky rockets with jets, under the wings instead of at the tail. They run cleaner and they sound better.
2. Goggles, for the rider, and for the chimera. (Actually, the rider might want to wear a helmet.)
3. Gnomish lasers. As any aerial strategist knows, a chimera cannot attack aerial targets. That changes with the addition of a few gnomish death rays (made with approved materials, of course).
4. Smooth armor plates, to allow blows to glance off and to help the aerodynamics.
5. A grummle. Not only are grummles great guides who know just about everything, but they have luckydos. Everyone knows the value of a luckydo.