Tome of clear mind...

90 Night Elf Druid
Should be removed from the game. The cost is insignificant, it takes up a bag slot, and is an unwieldy, clunky and outdated mechanic.

Thoughts?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
How else would you suggest people be able to essentially change a glyph/talent point on the fly, then?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
10/28/2012 06:30 AMPosted by Stricky
How else would you suggest people be able to essentially change a glyph/talent point on the fly, then?

I think he's suggesting we just be able to change without using items at all.
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Warrior
10/28/2012 06:42 AMPosted by Zoom

I think he's suggesting we just be able to change without using items at all.

That's how I read it and it seems like a good idea. Right click remove. Sounds completely reasonable.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
i would agree with is. or alternatively remove it from the vendor and make them only crafted by scribes.

as it was mentioned, the current implementation they are nothing but an annoyance, the cost is not meaningful even to the poorest of player.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
However, I believe the point of them was to enable you to change your talents and glyphs to accomodate the needs of raiding, PvP, or PvE.

Which it does, well, and it is more practical than paying to have all your talents redone at the trainer's when needed. One bag slot is surely worth that benefit.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
However, I believe the point of them was to enable you to change your talents and glyphs to accomodate the needs of raiding, PvP, or PvE.

Which it does, well, and it is more practical than paying to have all your talents redone at the trainer's when needed. One bag slot is surely worth that benefit.

his suggestion is that it works exactly like it does now except it wont cost a tome to do.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Makes sense to me. It has essentially become a vendor-bought spell reagent. And what happened to all the rest of those? They were removed. No more runes of portal, or whatever the hell those seeds were for b-rez.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
maybe just implement the cost of changing a glyph/talent in the menu where it just cost so much silver/gold depending on level to change it out.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
yes, pointless annoyance, just charge 1g for changing a talent and call it a day
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I got a lot of questions on where the Tome of the Clear Mind and Dust of Disappearance vendor is, so I made a video on YouTube. Hope this helps everyone!

This video will show you where to find the vendor that sells Tome of the Clear Mind and Dust of Disappearance. Many people use and need these ingredients to change their toon's talent points and glyphs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Xx5Y53il7c&feature=youtu.be
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Because it's an RPG, if you take out all the trivial mats for mechanics then what are you left with? Everything automated, never have to leave or do anything? I agree bag space is an issue, it should perhaps store it in the menu.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
as if to taunt you, your tome of the clear mind shows on your talent window but it is not actually a storage space, it still takes a bag slot
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Takes up a bag slot? Takes up 2 or 3 for me. IN a week I'll go through at least 20, typically more than 40. IT all depends if I'm PvPing and lot and/or have to switch back out for a Holy Spec.

I fully support this. Now if they could just remove the 33G and 68G costs for flipping specs, I'll be an even happier camper.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
Should be removed from the game. The cost is insignificant, it takes up a bag slot, and is an unwieldy, clunky and outdated mechanic.

Thoughts?

Yes. It sounds like it's working exactly as Blizzard intended.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Bring back the lexicons of power dammit!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
or at least let me craft 5 per proc like dust in cata. One ink per tome is crazy especially since I can purchase them from the vendor for a few silver.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Crafting them is the cost of convenience/not being prepared. Buy a bunch before you go out or waste mats crafting them when you get there.
Reply Quote
43 Blood Elf Mage
No, Blizzard shouldn't remove them. Blizzard should raise the costs of them. I think the low cost makes them less than a compelling mechanic.

Besides that, a vendor shouldn't be the immediate goto for all your tome of clear mind needs. If anything, people with inscription should be that goto, and the vendor there to give that a price ceiling and to ensure that everyone can have access to them if needed. I think something like a 10g base cost would be something That would probably be enough to ensure that inscriptionists could probably make something from it. 10g might seem like a lot, but using green tea leaf as an example, it would take 5 to mill to get enough to make one, with the potential for extra mats sometimes. This would mean that to be profitable for green tea leaf to realistically be lower than about 2g a piece, which obviously doesn't happen all the time as of now.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Why do inscripts need to make money off of tomes when they already do off glyphs, shoulder enchants(only source.) and darkmoon cards?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]