Regarding CRZ: Blizzard Just Doesn't Get It

(Locked)

90 Night Elf Druid
From the Sticky.

Just to recap, cross-realm zones are meant to improve the leveling experience by increasing the amount of people in the same zone together...

Stuff like this makes me wince in agony.

As a frequent forum comer from a High Population server, CRZ doesn't impact me nearly as much as if I were from a low pop server. I mean, some parts of CRZ are great. Grouping with friends who aren't on the server... phenomenal. It's not all bad.

However, after leveling a monk these last few weeks, arriving to more spawn sites than I care to count containing nothing but Dead mobs with some toon with a Brazilian name grinding happily away, I can't help but read this quote and want to slap my head.

Let me address this by asking Blizz a single question: Why do you believe that increasing the amount of people in the same zone together improves the leveling system? For God sakes, there's no sharing of most mobs, quest objectives, nodes, rare mobs. Seeing another player means seeing a competitor. And it's funny: on a PvP server, I rather see Horde than members of my own faction because if things get too slow, I can at least KILL THE OTHER GUY and maybe finish up before he returns.

When a community building addition like CRZ is implemented, and I'm wishing every player I saw was a member of the other faction so I could kill them, I venture to say you've failed to have the desired effect.

I've heard the argument from Blizzard: we design our zones to have numerous players in the same area as the optimal experience. Well, let me tell you right now, your design couldn't be further from the mark. Often, when as little as one other person is in the same area as me, my EXP drops by about half as I need to wait for mobs to respawn before finishing.

To sum up, before thinking it's a good idea to fill the world up with other players to improve the leveling experience, you need to remove the fact that when I see other players, my leveling experience becomes worse. I really don't see why Blizz is so surprised about why CRZ is going over so poorly.
Edited by Vaedrin on 10/30/2012 4:44 PM PDT
In before delete.
90 Draenei Mage
Far out Blizz.
Merge the damn servers already, everyone on low pop realms wants players on their realms, not phantoms who they can't interact with.
2 Goblin Rogue
10/30/2012 04:43 PMPosted by Vaedrin
For God sakes, there's no sharing of most mobs, quest objectives, nodes, rare mobs. Seeing another player means seeing a competitor.

This always bothered me. Why hasn't Blizzard made quest/rare mobs shareable, similar to Guild Wars 2?

Hell, in Guild Wars 2 I actually enjoy seeing other players help.
90 Orc Death Knight
I've got to call BS on this one too. Currently leveling an alt almost entirely through questing and at 55 I've seen a grand total of 5 other players in that time, 3 of whom were 90s doing pet battles or archeology.
90 Pandaren Monk
10/30/2012 04:46 PMPosted by Bobbykotick
For God sakes, there's no sharing of most mobs, quest objectives, nodes, rare mobs. Seeing another player means seeing a competitor.

This always bothered me. Why hasn't Blizzard made quest/rare mobs shareable, similar to Guild Wars 2?

GW2 did that very right. Their coop systems are amazing. Never wait on mobs, nodes, no competition and maybe that's why the community is so much more friendly.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
10/30/2012 04:46 PMPosted by Bobbykotick

same, due to no tagging, and equal exp + item rewards people help each other. Heck i even go out of my way to help people struggling to kill 10 mobs because i know it isnt a waste of time, i'll get loot + relevant exp and currency, and this player might aid me in the future.
90 Night Elf Druid
you guys do realize that while lesser mobs are not share, most "go kill that named guy over there" are? Any mob with a ! on their head can be taggable by multiple people. I really don't think people realize how many of these exist (cata worlds > MoP).
90 Gnome Warlock
10/30/2012 04:55 PMPosted by Athinah
you guys do realize that while lesser mobs are not share, most "go kill that named guy over there" are? Any mob with a ! on their head can be taggable by multiple people. I really don't think people realize how many of these exist (cata worlds > MoP).

There are far more "kill x random mobs" or "collect x random drop from mobs" than there are "go kill named mob X"

The addition of shareable named mobs is GREAT it does nothing to help with the majority of quests.
90 Tauren Death Knight
IMO the idea is great and unites people. Wow isn't meant to be a huge single player game it is a Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. CRZ just emphasizes the first M in MMORPG.
90 Worgen Warlock
If you'd rather kill something by yourself than join with someone else and kill it, that says something about you being the part of the community dragging it down. Even if you're not in the part that kills other people on your faction, you're still on that half of the spectrum, regardless.
90 Night Elf Druid
10/30/2012 05:01 PMPosted by Llamakng

There are far more "kill x random mobs" or "collect x random drop from mobs" than there are "go kill named mob X"

The addition of shareable named mobs is GREAT it does nothing to help with the majority of quests.

i'm not saying it wouldn't, I was just pointing out that there was something similar in the game.
Community Manager
There are multiple threads talking about the same topic, please use the main discussion thread here.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004442380
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]