<Barrier> Is Now Recruiting.

90 Goblin Hunter
11/04/2012 01:10 PMPosted by Ronnie
It is kinda hard to miss it when you guys and Carnage come trolling through Stormwind, but honestly it's no different than "Killing JC vendors and the occasional level 14 alt"

Except that we don't run away as soon as someone flags up because it defeats the purpose of us being there to begin with.

I can't speak for the rest of the guild, but I enjoy the raids on SW for the same reason that I enjoyed the raids on UC back with Aska and the rest of Aegis. It's an attempt to initiate some world PvP outside of the confines of structured BG's.

The Alliance had a fairly good sized group of people flagged up last night while we were holed up in the bank and I was hoping that that group would stick around and show us a good time (giggity). Sadly, most of the Ally folk left after the bank wipe and we spent another evening killing NPC's, hoping that the Alliance would group up again.

That, for me, is the reason I go on these SW raids. I keep hoping to see a good old fashion melee and I just know that the one time I don't go is going to be the one time the Alliance actually fights back.

You say this isn't an "I hate Promade" post, but it is laced with remarks telling us how little we matter to you (how will I sleep at night?), how we have to kill NPC's to feel good about ourselves, and how we're nothing more than an inconvenience. Trying to pull off this casual "I don't care" attitude doesn't work when you spend a good chunk of your post sniping at the guild.

Edited for misplaced snark.
Edited by Finnoc on 11/4/2012 2:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
I wonder if all members of Promade are as arrogant as "Rawt".

That's just it, you're not building a defense or doing anything productive. You spend hours in Org killing JC vendors and the occasional level 14 alt. This affects us in no way at all. We're out smashing world raids, stomping arenas, and destroying RBGs. You either roll with the big dogs or..............

I find this to be hilariously ironic, personally. "Smashing world raids" is the only thing in those three examples that effects anyone on this server directly... And I've personally never had a problem with you guys on that front either... so

It is kinda hard to miss it when you guys and Carnage come trolling through Stormwind, but honestly it's no different than "Killing JC vendors and the occasional level 14 alt". When I see you guys come over for a visit, it doesn't fill me with the anger, envy or jealousy that some of you seem to think. At most it's "Aw crap.. I have to take 2-3 min and fly to ironforge. First world problems..." Or, more often "Aw crap... I have to fly to the OTHER auction house in SW."

You're boasting about dominating alliance on a server that has gave up all semblance of world pvp years ago... I don't understand how it is seen as an accomplishment by you guys.
"Promade: The guild to join if you are really bored, but still don't really want any sort of challenge" That's how I see it anyways. Obviously you'll disagree and give me 50 reasons why you think you are hot stuff... but good luck convincing anyone else :/
And I don't want this to be received as a "I hate promade" post. I don't. Whatever makes you guys happy is fine with me. Your actions literally have no affect on me so whatever floats your boat. Just thought I'd point out how ridiculous boasting about it sounds. :)

"Why your guild does not affect me, in 300 words or less."
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
It is kinda hard to miss it when you guys and Carnage come trolling through Stormwind, but honestly it's no different than "Killing JC vendors and the occasional level 14 alt"

Except that we don't run away as soon as someone flags up because it defeats the purpose of us being there to begin with.

I can't speak for the rest of the guild, but I enjoy the raids on SW for the same reason that I enjoyed the raids on UC back with Aska and the rest of Aegis. It's an attempt to initiate some world PvP outside of the confines of structured BG's.

The Alliance had a fairly good sized group of people flagged up last night while we were holed up in the bank and I was hoping that that group would stick around and show us a good time (giggity). Sadly, most of the Ally folk left after the bank wipe and we spent another evening killing NPC's, hoping that the Alliance would group up again.

That, for me, is the reason I go on these SW raids. I keep hoping to see a good old fashion melee and I just know that the one time I don't go is going to be the one time the Alliance actually fights back.

You say this isn't an "I hate Promade" post, but it is laced with remarks telling us how little we matter to you (how will I sleep at night?), how we have to kill NPC's to feel good about ourselves, and how we're nothing more than an inconvenience. Trying to pull off this casual "I don't care" attitude doesn't work when you spend a good chunk of your post sniping at the guild.

Edited for misplaced snark.

I only point out how little you matter to me because a lot of you seem to think that you majorly affect other players. I'm just pointing out that you don't.

As far as initiating world pvp... Personally I don't think you're going about it the right way. You get a group of 20-40 people... kill auctioneers and bank tellers and then hide out in the bank together hoping a lonely sole will be crazy enough to attack you. Not only does this discourage people from even trying to scrounge up 40 people to kick you out rather than just go elsewhere... but the closed quarters of SW bank further adds to the difficulty.

You may call this strategy, and it is. But that strategy is only necessary in a reality in which people want to fight you and most people don't because it's simply not worth the effort.

That's why it's hard for me to take you guys seriously. You say you want a challenge, but you don't. You want to be hold up in a fortress with 40 people and hope you get a few easy kills before you get bored and leave. This post further proves my point because Carth is the main person on our server that seems to care about pushing you guys out... but you're telling him not to bother. Or you are making fun of him for even trying. That is not the attitude of someone that wants a challenge. That's the attitude of someone that wants something given to them. (Chul is the only one of you guys posting here with the right attitude.)

If you want world pvp... keep your flag on and get out of the cities... do dailies while flagged. And don't run in a large possie all the time that discourages folks from attacking you.

11/04/2012 02:46 PMPosted by Chihiro
"Why your guild does not affect me, in 300 words or less."

Yes I know it's a long read and I've just made another one the same way. This is what I do when I'm bored. I'm sure you'll have time to read it while sitting in SW bank waiting for someone to misclick you and attack.

EDIT: Also, the only reason I said anything to you guys at all is cause I happen to like Carth and this is my way of supporting him.
Edited by Ronnie on 11/4/2012 5:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I only point out how little you matter to me because a lot of you seem to think that you majorly affect other players. I'm just pointing out that you don't.

You base this opinion on what, exactly?

11/04/2012 05:51 PMPosted by Ronnie
You get a group of 20-40 people... kill auctioneers and bank tellers and then hide out in the bank together hoping a lonely sole will be crazy enough to attack you.

Lone soul?

http://i.imgur.com/WZxkP.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/i5HOz.jpg

Hardly.

You say you want a challenge, but you don't. You want to be hold up in a fortress with 40 people and hope you get a few easy kills before you get bored and leave.

http://i.imgur.com/yvJrd.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Ke7MV.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/D1HmG.jpg

That is the center of the Trade District. Hardly what one would consider a fortress, what with the lack of cover and all. We (all nineteen of us) were in the bank for all of ten minutes when we first arrived in Stormwind. We spent the rest of our stay right there by the Command Board.

If you want world pvp... keep your flag on and get out of the cities... do dailies while flagged.

Most of us already do, which generally results in our members getting ganked by multiple Alliance players, which then results in multiple <Promade> people arriving on the scene. Apparently it's acceptable for the Alliance to outnumber us, but if we dare show up in force as a result of a gank, it's poor sportsmanship.

(Chul is the only one of you guys posting here with the right attitude.)

Some people are more diplomatic than others, but please tell me, who made you the arbiter of what is and is not the "right attitude"? Perhaps you should draw up a list of what is and is not acceptable behavior on the forums so that we can all use these forums without invoking your ire.

It's obvious that you have no idea as to what it is that you're talking about with this post. You make assumptions based on what you've heard (I can only guess from whom) about this guild and then proceed to run off at the mouth.

Also, I could be wrong, but I think Rhae was referring more to the irony of your post, rather than the actual word count.

In any event, best of luck in the recruitment.

/bump
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock

Do you know Chul at all?

Hi Chul. <3
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
11/04/2012 06:32 PMPosted by Chamberlain
Also, I could be wrong, but I think Rhae was referring more to the irony of your post, rather than the actual word count.

^^
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
11/04/2012 06:42 PMPosted by Litavis

Do you know Chul at all?

Hi Chul. <3

Um... No. I don't know any of you. I'm just saying.. based on this single, solitary thread... he is the only one that posted anything suggesting Promade wants a challenge.

Anywho. I've already said all I cared to say. Whatever makes y'all happy, I guess. It's still quite entertaining for me too, so I suppose it wasn't worth saying anything at all. :) Cheerio
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
SW raiding initially began when a number of people became frustrated with the lack of world PvP, and asked themselves the question: "Where can we go to test ourselves against superior numbers of allies?" Challenging ourselves to succeed under adverse conditions is, at least for me, the whole point. I hold no enmity towards most of the Alliance players; hell, I even congratulate particularly tenacious or creative enemies.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Some people are more diplomatic than others, but please tell me, who made you the arbiter of what is and is not the "right attitude"?

Don't try and boil it down to being "diplomatic", please. Rawt treated the OP like !@#$ for no reason other than he's Rawt and he could. She labeled my attitude as "the right one", I suspect, because it was the only one which actually afforded the guy a little freakin' courtesy. That isn't diplomacy, it's just decency.

The guy is trying to make our lives a little more entertaining and all anyone in here can do is %^-*! that he isn't flagged enough. He's level 86.

L
O
L
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Ronnie is not the OP.

11/04/2012 09:29 PMPosted by Chul
The guy is trying to make our lives a little more entertaining and all anyone in here can do is %^-*! that he isn't flagged enough. He's level 86.

Everyone in this thread knows that Carthrolas is the OP. What is the point in limiting the responses solely to the Death Knight? If Carth didn't spend his time whispering people, telling them how he's going to take down all of <Promade>, or come to the forums telling us how he's coming for us, then odds are that this thread wouldn't be getting the attention that it is getting.

Some folks would rather not dignify such actions with a response, others see an opportunity for some forum entertainment, and do respond.

That being said, if Carth would actually put his money where his mouth is, he might be shown a little more courtesy and respect. I know, I'm not one to talk about skill ingame, but I'm also not trying to start a PvP guild and going out of my way to antagonize the PvP guilds that are already out there.

Ronnie's defense of her/his friend is understandable and admirable, but she/he was making false accusations, which I felt like refuting. So I did.

If <Barrier> winds up being more than just an attention grab for Carthrolas and the guild finds some success as a PvP guild, then congratulations and more power to the folks there. However, given the track record of their GM, I doubt that it's going to happen.

I'm more than willing to eat crow later on down the road if I'm proven wrong.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Fin, its early, and a post like that....someone ate their wheaties this morning!!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Ronnie is not the OP.

Everyone in this thread knows that Carthrolas is the OP. What is the point in limiting the responses solely to the Death Knight? If Carth didn't spend his time whispering people, telling them how he's going to take down all of <Promade>, or come to the forums telling us how he's coming for us, then odds are that this thread wouldn't be getting the attention that it is getting.

Some folks would rather not dignify such actions with a response, others see an opportunity for some forum entertainment, and do respond.

That being said, if Carth would actually put his money where his mouth is, he might be shown a little more courtesy and respect. I know, I'm not one to talk about skill ingame, but I'm also not trying to start a PvP guild and going out of my way to antagonize the PvP guilds that are already out there.

Ronnie's defense of her/his friend is understandable and admirable, but she/he was making false accusations, which I felt like refuting. So I did.

If <Barrier> winds up being more than just an attention grab for Carthrolas and the guild finds some success as a PvP guild, then congratulations and more power to the folks there. However, given the track record of their GM, I doubt that it's going to happen.

I'm more than willing to eat crow later on down the road if I'm proven wrong.

Put my money where my Mouth is? Let me tell you something, my special Undead Friend. When you can afford not to run into a city with 7 Healers grouped up, i'll be Impressed. When you can actually handle my Rogue 1v1, i'll be Impressed. When you can survive 2 people by yourself without the need of a 2nd Healer, I will be impressed. Don't talk the Trash that you can't handle taking out. You know for a Fact that i'm not afraid to run up on Any of you in a Battleground and even in your own City!

Given the Track record of me as well, I'm only Human. Sue me. People talk crap and that's just part of life, you're just going to have to learn how to deal with it. I'm not here for attention in any way, all I want is a Good fight. Is that too much too to ask?

Oh and believe me, Chamberlain, I'll be saving that Crow for you later. The Biggest trees always start from a Single Seed.
Edited by Carthvador on 11/5/2012 8:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
It's been a while since this forum had any entertaining material.
Usually is the same garbage: you're bad -> we're great -> come at us -> LOLWAT -> herp derp -> whisper me bro I luv joo.

Good luck to Carthy. I know you will provide everything the Alliance doesn't need. The NPCs and the herded sheep that is the majority of The Scryers desperately deserve your heroism.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Ronnie is not the OP.

I might never have known otherwise. Thanks for clearing this up.

If Carth didn't spend his time whispering people, telling them how he's going to take down all of <Promade>, or come to the forums telling us how he's coming for us, then odds are that this thread wouldn't be getting the attention that it is getting.

I have no idea what Carth says in his whispers, and I don't know how you do either, but it seems to me that the whole "I'm coming for you, just wait" remarks came after Rawt decided to degrade (for his own amusement, I'm sure) what the guy is trying to accomplish.

That being said, if Carth would actually put his money where his mouth is, he might be shown a little more courtesy and respect.

The guy is level 87 in a level 2 guild with all of 5 people in it. What exactly do you expect him to do? The composition of his entire guild probably couldn't take down Onyxia, let alone a Promade raid group.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
11/04/2012 09:29 PMPosted by Chul
Rawt treated the OP like !@#$ for no reason

Not for no reason.

Perhaps you aren't familiar with who Carthrolas is, exactly. Here is him tearing down a PvP Guild recruitment thread...for no reason.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6490540196

He's an attention-!@#$%, plain and simple, and his ^-*!-talking:skill ratio is out of control.

That being said, I would never turn down the chance at some actual alliance competition in world pvp, whether it is led by Carthrolas or otherwise. Crit Happens stopped PvPing back in Cata. I rarely see Meadhall Pirates around anymore, and even "CD Crew" is gone.

It would be nice to have someone...anyone to fight again.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
11/05/2012 08:31 AMPosted by Carthvador
When you can afford not to run into a city with 7 Healers grouped up, i'll be Impressed.

Nineteen people versus potentially everyone in Stormwind and you are complaining about us having seven healers? I'm sorry, but if you go into the opposing factions capital city with only a small handful of people and think that you will be able to take on whatever players decide to flag up as well as the never ending army of NPC spawns, then you're fooling yourself.

When you can actually handle my Rogue 1v1

I'm a Disc priest and you have never come after me on your own. Oh, wait there was that one time in TB when you jumped me while I was Disc and I held you off until another Disc priest arrived. Then you died. To two Disc priests. Every time since then all you've done is stand around, emoting at me about how unimpressed you are.

I don't know how much damage you think a single Disc priest can do to a Sub rogue, but it isn't nearly as much as you think, especially since 5.0. As Disc, of course I'm going to need a hand killing someone, regardless of who it is or what class they play. The fact that you don't seem to grasp that simple concept says more about you than it does about me.

"LOL healing priest needed help to kill me, he's so bad! He should totally be able to handle two rogues on his own LOL!"

Think about that for a second.

You know for a Fact that i'm not afraid to run up on Any of you in a Battleground and even in your own City!

I never said you were afraid. I'm simply saying what Xendril has already said elsewhere. You aren't the PvP threat that you seem to think you are.

/bump
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
The guy is level 87 in a level 2 guild with all of 5 people in it. What exactly do you expect him to do? The composition of his entire guild probably couldn't take down Onyxia, let alone a Promade raid group.

You're focusing too much on the avatar and not enough on the person behind it.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Thank you Rhaenis, now I feel ill.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
11/05/2012 09:46 AMPosted by Chihiro

Not for no reason.

Perhaps you aren't familiar with who Carthrolas is, exactly. Here is him tearing down a PvP Guild recruitment thread...for no reason.

He's an attention-!@#$%, plain and simple, and his ^-*!-talking:skill ratio is out of control.

That being said, I would never turn down the chance at some actual alliance competition in world pvp, whether it is led by Carthrolas or otherwise. Crit Happens stopped PvPing back in Cata. I rarely see Meadhall Pirates around anymore, and even "CD Crew" is gone.

Who said CD Crew is gone?

http://www.thecdcrew.com/
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
11/05/2012 09:46 AMPosted by Chihiro

Not for no reason.

This seems about as fair to me as everyone else (at least on alliance... dunno about horde) who think Promade is full of black hearted, basement dwelling teenage children who can only find solace in their lives by essentially bringing a minigun to a nail clipper fight.

Not saying that's how I feel, but Promade does not have a good reputation on Alliance and the above is just common trade chat gossip.

Carth may be a trade troll at times, but I've seen a fair number of promade posts on these forums mocking people for no particular reason as well. Don't Judge, lest you be judged right?

I may be wrong, but I would think that if you wanted a challenge as much as some of you say... you would encourage and possibly help any willing to create one for you. Other than a select few people, most people who care one way or another on alliance hate promade, but don't care enough to fight back. I know this, because I've watched Carth try to rally people for the better part of a month to defend against you.. but he is rarely aided by more than a handful of people.

Personally, I enjoy pvp and miss world pvp as well. But I'm not typically willing to join a 5 man group to become cannon fodder to a group of 20+. Carth is putting more and more time into trying to fix that problem, but a few of you in this thread spit on him for his efforts. Regardless of whether you like him or not, he is one of the few providing you with even the smallest amount of pvp entertainment in the world and I think that warrants a little respect.

For all your boasting about how much you "Roll over the alliance", it doesn't mean anything if there isn't really an alliance for you to roll over. That concept you seem to have reminds me of some stereotypical work of fiction where the antagonist wipes out all life because he can, and then sits lonely on his thrown because he now has no one to kill.

Man this post is long. My work is so boring sometimes...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]