<Barrier> Is Now Recruiting.

86 Blood Elf Paladin
Carth may be a trade troll at times, but I've seen a fair number of promade posts on these forums mocking people for no particular reason as well. Don't Judge, lest you be judged right?

I don't get it. If you're saying we're the same, then either we're both bad or we're both not bad. To remain logically honest, you either have to take back your angry words at Rawt's post or admit that Carth is just as bad.

11/05/2012 12:55 PMPosted by Ronnie
I may be wrong, but I would think that if you wanted a challenge as much as some of you say... you would encourage and possibly help any willing to create one for you.

Some of us haven't. Many of us have, even in this very thread, in spite of Carth. What do you want from us?

I've watched Carth try to rally people for the better part of a month to defend against you.. but he is rarely aided by more than a handful of people.

Consider the possibility that Carth is the reason for that, and not fear/apathy towards Promade. You are the first person Horde or Alliance I have seen support him. Everyone else either quietly snickers or openly blasts him.

a few of you in this thread spit on him for his efforts.

No, they spit on him for his words/actions, and while I have no real stake in the matter, most of the time I have to say the spitting is warranted.

he is one of the few providing you with even the smallest amount of pvp entertainment in the world and I think that warrants a little respect.

An odd thing to say. William Hung and Kevin Federline provide entertainment in the same way, and I sure as hell don't respect them.

You seem moderately intelligent. I don't understand how you can tolerate Carth. But to each his own.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
But I'm not typically willing to join a 5 man group to become cannon fodder to a group of 20+.

I can't help but notice that you keep saying that we bring twenty plus people to these raids when I've already provided evidence to the contrary. It's almost as if you're trying to invalidate our "meaningless" efforts by saying that all we do is zerg rush into Stormwind.

I know, it's a minor caveat, but still.

Carth is putting more and more time into trying to fix that problem, but a few of you in this thread spit on him for his efforts.

As I've said earlier in this post, if he succeeds, excellent, but as of right now, all I have to go by is past interactions with him, none of which have inspired a whole lot of respect from me personally, and I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

I've seen a fair number of promade posts on these forums mocking people for no particular reason as well

Not true. There is always a reason.
Edited by Chamberlain on 11/5/2012 2:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Wow Rhae, a William Hung reference?

+2 Internets and a sack of corn feed
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
11/05/2012 01:48 PMPosted by Chihiro
Consider the possibility that Carth is the reason for that, and not fear/apathy towards Promade. You are the first person Horde or Alliance I have seen support him. Everyone else either quietly snickers or openly blasts him.

So because everyone else treats someone like crap, I have to?

Some of us haven't. Many of us have, even in this very thread, in spite of Carth. What do you want from us?

That's why I used the word "Some".

An odd thing to say. William Hung and Kevin Federline provide entertainment in the same way, and I sure as hell don't respect them.

I feel like you are reaching. Are you an american idol contestant? Cause if not, they are outside the realms of comparison.

This is an online game. And Promade, I assume, is a guild that revolves completely around pvp, right? So all those who pvp in WoW essentially share that form of entertainment with you and anyone who challenges you should warrant a little respect. Have you ever seen boxers tap gloves before a boxing match? Two chess players shake hands after a game? It's the same principle. Otherwise, you're just another child on Call of Duty shouting obscenities about someone's mother. Which, I guess if that's how you wanna be... more power to you.

I don't get it. If you're saying we're the same, then either we're both bad or we're both not bad. To remain logically honest, you either have to take back your angry words at Rawt's post or admit that Carth is just as bad.

I can see the reasoning behind why you feel this way. However, I shall offer my perspective.

First, let me say that I do not condone everything Carth does or says. I know he can be a troll and I know of his reputation. (Carth's rogue is in my guild and has been raiding with me for some time. I'm constantly reminded by others how much he is hated. However, he has never caused trouble in my guild so whatever else he does is fine so long as it doesn't effect me negatively.)

Second, why does it matter that Carth is the one who chose to stand up? Honestly, it's the end result of all of Promade's shenanigans that Carth is the only one to keep trying. When the most notorious troll (Other than lola...) is the only one left to actually care about stopping you... that should be a sign. I would not be surprised if he was the last to try and if he fails to get the numbers or whatever, then what will you do? Keep raiding SW forever to get a dozen easy alliance kills before bed? Maybe it's just me, but I would want more of a challenge. Lots of people quit the game when DS got so easy and old... I imagine it would work out the same for you guys.

Maybe I'm wrong, who knows. But the last few times you guys have come to SW... I've seen so many of you just sort of standing around begging for an attack that doesn't come. Just seems so boring to me.

You seem moderately intelligent. I don't understand how you can tolerate Carth. But to each his own.

Intelligence has little to do with tolerating someone to begin with. Being patient and confident in yourself is the key. A lot of people hate your guild too, but I don't. If anything, I hate children and ignorance. A lot of both have been shown in this thread.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I can't help but notice that you keep saying that we bring twenty plus people to these raids when I've already provided evidence to the contrary. It's almost as if you're trying to invalidate our "meaningless" efforts by saying that all we do is zerg rush into Stormwind.

I know, it's a minor caveat, but still.

... That's all I've ever seen you do? The only time I ever see "Promade", other than trade chat I guess, is on the heads of a bunch of horde raiding SW or Tol Barad. Outside of that, not a whisper.

Not true. There is always a reason.

That philosophy is the reason why there is so much hate in this world. Here.

Not true. There is "NEVER" a reason.

Fixed. I challenge you to point out one reason saying crappy things to another person on these forums was warranted without sounding like an absolute child. "Oh, he called me names and said I sucked" ... Hatred only breeds more hatred, as they say. (Omg I got to use a FMA reference. /squee)

And that's not just directed at you, but everyone else too.

I actually had to go back in read the last post you referenced because I missed it :/

However, linking most of those screenshots prove my point. You are literally standing in the middle of stormwind and no one cares enough to do anything. All of you are literally standing there while the alliance just stares or goes about their business. Is that what you want?

And that's how it always looks to me too. I play quite often and was actually around the last few times you guys came to visit. I only saw a handful of folks fight you for a little while, then give up and wait for you to leave.
Edited by Ronnie on 11/5/2012 2:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
21 Undead Hunter
I wonder if all members of Promade are as arrogant as "Rawt".

Beta males typically confuse confidence with arrogance, no hard feelings.
Reply Quote
21 Undead Hunter
11/04/2012 09:29 PMPosted by Chul
Some people are more diplomatic than others, but please tell me, who made you the arbiter of what is and is not the "right attitude"?

Don't try and boil it down to being "diplomatic", please. Rawt treated the OP like !@#$ for no reason other than he's Rawt and he could.
Did you not see the posts beforehand where i offered him a ginvite, tried to talk sense into his head, and then asked for wargames and world pvp? I was called a troll for it.

You act like i go around treating everyone like crap and i honestly wouldn't have even known you were in the guild had i not seen the tag on the forums. So sorry for whatever bitterness you have against me, but keep your misguided opinions to yourself.
Edited by Heyitsrawt on 11/5/2012 2:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
... That's all I've ever seen you do? The only time I ever see "Promade", other than trade chat I guess, is on the heads of a bunch of horde raiding SW or Tol Barad. Outside of that, not a whisper.

Nevermind, you've missed the point.

I decline your challenge because I reject your premise. Every action or reaction is caused by something, therefore there is always a reason for why things happen. Whether you agree or disagree with the reason, whether you are aware of what the reason is or not, it doesn't matter. There is still a reason.

If you're going to throw up strawman arguments about how <Promade> members mock people for no reason without providing evidence to support you, don't be surprised when someone tells you that you are wrong, because like I said, there is always a reason.

11/05/2012 02:39 PMPosted by Ronnie
That philosophy is the reason why there is so much hate in this world.

That is one of the most naive, simplistic, and sophomoric things I've seen on these forums in a while.

11/05/2012 02:33 PMPosted by Ronnie
When the most notorious troll (Other than lola...) is the only one left to actually care about stopping you...

Again, not true. Just last week Taltos was able to rally a pretty good defense against us and he is the OG Alliance troll. That's right, I said OG. See how "street" I am.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
So because everyone else treats someone like crap, I have to?

No idea where you're getting that. I was trying to explain why Carth gets no support - because he's a massive douche to other people. Whether or not you like the guy is none of my concern, though it does make me ponder.

That's why I used the word "Some".

Are you trying to say that your connotations do not implicate our entire guild as prescribing to the "hateful" line of thinking? I think we've shown that we don't. You have a problem with Rawt, take it up with him.

I feel like you are reaching. Are you an american idol contestant? Cause if not, they are outside the realms of comparison.

Just because you say so doesn't make it true.

Have you ever seen boxers tap gloves before a boxing match? Two chess players shake hands after a game? It's the same principle.

You seem to think that Carth offers us something that he clearly doesn't. First of all, he doesn't come off as respectfully asking to tap gloves with us. He comes in dragging his mouth around about how he's going to kick our asses and steal our title belt because we're bad.

What boxer would tap gloves with an !@#$%^- like that?

First, let me say that I do not condone everything Carth does or says. I know he can be a troll and I know of his reputation.

Would you respond to Carth as you did to Rawt? If not, I don't want to hear it, because you're obviously biased and your opinion holds no morally objective weight on the matter.

Second, why does it matter that Carth is the one who chose to stand up?

Because everything he stands for is a mockery. There is no impetus to take him seriously, in this thread or elsewhere.

However, he has never caused trouble in my guild so whatever else he does is fine so long as it doesn't effect me negatively.)

THIS is why there is so much hate in the world. You want a shiny quote? How bout this one: "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

I would not be surprised if he was the last to try and if he fails to get the numbers or whatever, then what will you do?

Are you trying to fearmonger us into being nice to Carth? What the hell? You're deluded.

Intelligence has little to do with tolerating someone to begin with.

Actually, it has a lot to do with it. Like how most intelligent people can't stand to watch nonsense like Jersey Shore.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
11/05/2012 03:31 PMPosted by Chihiro
THIS is why there is so much hate in the world. You want a shiny quote? How bout this one: "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

THUS ENDETH THE LESSON

You know you're in for a bad time when you've invoked the ire of Rhae.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Posted by Ronnie
However, he has never caused trouble in my guild so whatever else he does is fine so long as it doesn't effect me negatively.)

Carth must have really gotten under your skin :/ You do understand my responses had very little to do with him to begin with until you started attacking him directly? I don't care what your feelings on Carth are and mine don't matter either. MY point, is your guild should be more supportive of people, no matter who they are, that challenge you.

Also, we can go back and forth all day with fancy quotes. For instance:

“If someone isn't what others want them to be, the others become angry. Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own.”
― Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

I'm not hear to teach you right and wrong. That is/was your parents job. I'm not your mommy.

Posted by Ronnie
Intelligence has little to do with tolerating someone to begin with.

Actually, it has a lot to do with it. Like how most intelligent people can't stand to watch nonsense like Jersey Shore.

I really don't understand your comparisons, haha. But they are entertaining.

I would not be surprised if he was the last to try and if he fails to get the numbers or whatever, then what will you do?

Are you trying to fearmonger us into being nice to Carth? What the hell? You're deluded.

Fearmongering? I don't think you know what that word means. I wouldn't even consider what I said a warning. I was merely pointing out my thought process on the matter.

You can continue to attack me all you want, but where is it going to get you? All I am doing is disagreeing with how somethings have been handled in this thread and explaining my reasons behind the disagreements. And I've done so in as respectful a way as possible. If all you are willing to bring to the table at this point is insults without any rebuttal with actual subject matter... then we can just agree to disagree.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
You're right, your original post didn't have anything to do with Carth personally. It was filled with petty, uninformed sniping at <Promade>, telling us how little we matter in the grande scheme of things on The Scryers, and to your life in particular, not that anyone here really cares about the former and I can guarantee we care even less about the latter.

There was nothing in it that even suggested that we should be supportive to others who are trying to get some world PvP up and running. For the record, we are very much in favor of getting world PvP initiated, as demonstrated by our raids on SW and our perma-flag rule. As a result we get people pissing and moaning that we've brought too many healers to a raid on a capital city and that we should transfer to a real PvP server.

Rhae hit the nail on the head as to why those of us in this thread don't lend our support to this particular cause. Respect is a two way street and the traffic in the oncoming lane has been pretty light for a long time. Despite what some may think, we don't just sit around, trying to decide who on the server to pick on next.

11/04/2012 07:29 PMPosted by Ronnie
I'm just saying.. based on this single, solitary thread...

I think this is your biggest mistake right here. The interactions between Carthrolas and his hard-on for anyone with a <Promade> tag over their head started well before this thread was posted. I understand that he is your friend, but you might want to try to do some research before you start telling people how to behave on the forums.

11/05/2012 05:46 PMPosted by Ronnie
You can continue to attack me all you want, but where is it going to get you?

One last thing, stop trying to portray yourself as a victim here. No one has attacked you and you chose to involve yourself in this thread. Counterpoints do not equal attacks.

Also, /bump.

You're welcome, <Barrier>.
Edited by Chamberlain on 11/5/2012 7:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Haha, okay. Well, thanks for making it interesting.
Reply Quote
99 Human Rogue
I don't know what you've heard, but I have alot more friends here than you may Expect, so don't go off thinking that you know everything about me and who I know. Are you writing a book about me? That sure is sweet.

The guy is level 87 in a level 2 guild with all of 5 people in it. What exactly do you expect him to do? The composition of his entire guild probably couldn't take down Onyxia, let alone a Promade raid group.
You obviously haven't seen my rogue then. By the way I don't know if you've ever even Walked into a raid, but, Onyxia 25-man is Soloable now. Also, go back and read what I posted about Time being a factor. OH and I forgot to mention! We're Level 3 now and have more people interested Daily, No guild starts at Level 25 and 100+ Members on any server.

You seem to think that Carth offers us something that he clearly doesn't. First of all, he doesn't come off as respectfully asking to tap gloves with us. He comes in dragging his mouth around about how he's going to kick our asses and steal our title belt because we're bad.

What boxer would tap gloves with an !@#$%^- like that?

First of all, You haven't a single clue about the person I am, so you should keep my Name out of your mouth if you don't want to talk trash you can't chew; do you recall Deeprun Tram? I've grown bored and tired with the Biographers here researching every moment in time that i've messed up a Horde or talked smack to someone i'll NEVER see over an Online game.

I'm not going to spend Hours into a speech to Come-back at this dog-pile. I could honestly care less if the Horde hates me or not, so if you want to actually try to "Bump Gloves Respectfully", Chihiro, you know where to find me. I'm a much better sport than you think.
Edited by Carthrolas on 11/6/2012 8:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Your entire post confirms everything Rhae has said about you and you don't even seem to realize it.

I kind of feel bad now.

Edited because somehow I spelled "feel" wrong.
Edited by Chamberlain on 11/6/2012 10:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
Carth must have really gotten under your skin

Not really. You asked why we don't support him, we explained. The worst he's ever done to me is say BUR a lot. I'm pretty sure he's just cold.

You do understand my responses had very little to do with him to begin with until you started attacking him directly?

Are you using the inclusive "you" here, or are you talking to Rawt? I never attacked Carth. I said some nasty things about him in explanation of why we do not support him. I fail to see how this has anything to do with anything, though.

MY point, is your guild should be more supportive of people, no matter who they are, that challenge you.

And we simply disagree. People who show no respect deserve no respect. You may pretend to be a bleeding heart who throws nothing but love in the face of your oppressors, but...that seems not to be the case in this thread. Going by your own words, it seems that the only reason you have no problem with Carth is that he's never done anything specifically against you. What a saint you are.

“If someone isn't what others want them to be, the others become angry. Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own.”
― Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

What fancy drivel. Sounds very much like the ramblings of an emo 15 year old. In fact, if you really boil it down, it's just a long-winded way of saying "Haters gonna hate".

Here, let me make it actually meaningful.

If someone IS A MASSIVE DOUCHE, others become angry. Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should NOT BE MASSIVE DOUCHES, but some will continue to !@#$% that "judging" is mean.

Fearmongering? I don't think you know what that word means. I wouldn't even consider what I said a warning.

Don't be obtuse.

The obvious answer to this rhetorical question is that we would wallow in misery and boredom, cursing our foolish lack of support for Carth, as he was obviously OUR LAST CHANCE AT SALVATION FROM PVP STAGNATION.

Finn is right. You really do play yourself up as the victim. Heaven forbid I would ATTACK you for making such an innocent off-the-cuff remark.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
And Carth, you illustrate my points better than I ever could. Thanks for the help.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I may be late to the party here, but just wanted to add my two cents.

I don't get why everyone blasts Carth so much. Ya he is a major trade/forum troll but quite honestly who isn't these days? I have read these forums enough to know that many of you that have posted on here can be quite the troll yourself.

It seems to me you guys would be more welcoming of the pvp challenge. I know thats already been said, but figured i'd mention it again anyway. Most of the time when I am in SW and Promade comes strolling through I just hearth to Dalaran and go about my business. It seems if more people stopped hating on others so much maybe there would actually be good pvp battles to go around for both sides, instead of : "Oh promade is in sw again "yawn" guess im hearthing to dalaran..." *goes about business*. Just saying.

Oh and FYI. I use to pvp on Emerald Dream. (Its PVP/RP) and both sides were friendly enough with eachother that we would actually set up cross faction events for pvp. Maybe this could actually be a possibility here if more people were polite and gave enough of a crap, but I won't hold my breath for this.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Oh and just so were clear, the "politeness" goes for Carth too. Not just promade members^^
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
Unless my memory fails me, you were one of the Ele shamans that tried (and failed) to blue-flag T-storm us off the hills behind the SW keep, at the end of Cata. I seem to recall you getting forced to spirit rez after dying so much out of reach of your ghost.

I'm sorry, I just can't take your post seriously.
Edited by Chihiro on 11/6/2012 11:43 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]