survival ring blades

90 Human Warlock
Heya , im suprised at this wonderful quest an how i seem too survive but my friends who are hunters or paladins an monks get hit so dam hard as if they are fighting elites ..especially my hunter friend :( . i even swapped chairs too see the problem / hunters unable too self heal in their with out shooting a target ..may blizzard team have a look at this quest please .
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
As a hunter, I TOTALLY agree with this one. But what I did discover, is that someone can stand outside the ring and heal me so I can survive long enough. I was not able to do it by myself as I can't heal fast enough to stay alive. I suppose there is a trick to this, but I haven't figured it out other than asking for a favor from a healer to help me through.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
You're not supposed to get hit by the blades on that quest. If you are you're messing up.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
i dont know if they fixed it or not, but there was a pillar you could stand on, if you do it right nothing can touch you, and you wont get hit for the achievement.......

honestly I could not imagine completing that achievement in the legit way.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
They patched that one out.

Now you can't chea...... creatively complete the quest.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
There is a spot to the side where you can do a 'U' shaped dance and not get hit much
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
good idea having a healer.....as I almost made by myself only to die again and again......lol i will come back to this one ugh......
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Hey Blizz!! (do you really read these forums?) This quest is only a daily. Why make it so friggin hard/require a healer/self healer/ to do. It takes enough time to do the dailies as it is. Compared to the level of effort to do the other dailies this one (and the survival ring: Flame) are ridiculously hard. Also if you can't complete this one it blocks 3 or 4 more daily quests - which means gaining rep takes even longer. It's this kinda thing that puts people off completely!
Edited by Macardo on 1/10/2013 11:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I keep seeing people trying to complete this quest by running all over the place. DON'T DO THIS. That's how you lose track of the pandas and you'll take all kinds of unnecessary damage.

Instead, stand at one end of the arena and put raid markers on the 5 or so pandas that come closest to where you are standing. This makes it easier for you to see them approaching. Then when you are ready, step a few steps into the arena until you are between 2 blades. Stand in that spot until you see a panda starting to come toward you. Quickly glance around, assess where the other pandas are moving to, and then move a few steps into a clear area. Stand in that second spot until you see another panda approaching. Assess again, then move back toward your original spot - if not the exact spot, then somewhere close by. Repeat. Keep your movements within as small an area as possible - wandering into another region of the arena may put you in the path of a panda you're not keeping track of.

Here's a video that shows basically the same method: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L70fx8aMNwI
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
For all that have been trying and trying to do this quest, I did it, over and over, then though ok, there is a trick and being a hunter, i remember that there is a tiger and the only way to train it was to be NAKED, and that's what i did, i ran it naked and got it done, so try it.
Edited by Wtigermonhan on 2/21/2013 12:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I love this quest! It seems impossibly hard at first, yet it's so easy when you "get" it. Basically, you move between two places near the end of the two central corridors, with a U-shaped dance. Try it yourself before watching the video linked by Antoniolo, if you don't want to spoil the fun. :)
Edited by Goodberry on 2/21/2013 5:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I am still having fun with this one, A while back i said i run it naked and was going to post a video, and have been asked for it. So here it is and i hope it helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JuCrNnbtL8
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]