Speed!

90 Night Elf Druid
How fast does it take you to level one character from level 85 to level 90 with or without breaks.
I can not properly record mine because I switch characters when I feel like playing different class. Or go to Goldshire and hang out. Switched posting characters again from Puré to Vajin now to Darktides!
Edited by Darktides on 11/2/2012 6:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
I don't understand how people can. I'm told that even the most hardcore players on WoW have jobs and families but I have a job and a girlfriend and I can only play six hours max before one of those things demand my attention.

So define breaks first. Is eating and sleeping a break?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
At one point I took breaks from WoW. Now WoW is a break for me, so to answer your question: as long as it takes.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
What does it matter?

If I'm leveling a toon, I level at the pace that I decide I want when I do it. I break when I want to take a break. I don't if I don't. I switch toons if I decide I want to have something else to do then I go back after my toon has gotten some rested exp.

So it takes as long as it takes, breaks or no breaks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
About 10-14 days in real life time. Around 2 hours a level though.
Reply Quote
Well, the xpac came out September 25th, and here it is November 2nd, I have my hunter sitting at 88, thats about it..

I am currently competing in NaNoWriMo (national novel writers month) as well as full time school, taking care of my sick partner (poor baby) and managing a household...

It will take me till about Christmas to either get one or two 90's. Usually with problems and such with life, it takes me almost a year.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
both myself and my Partner tried to get as far as we could on the first 24hours. that ended up only level 87-ish. we played in a 4 on 1.5 off (Hours of Play vs Rest) it quickly becomes a matter of thoroughness of questing, Whether or not you participate in dungeons or PVP, Gathering professions or not, Guild bonuses, and all the sort.

I don't easily set parameters on Time taken to levels gained, specially closer to the end cap. it really depends on your toon, their survivability, your skill with said class/spec, and the knowledge base of the content your using to progress. \

I know some folks who outleveled me, but had less questing done, but thats cuz hooch has no Gathering professions, nor does she do archaeology. but then again, Tender did her arch till cap, Mines the whole way, but is still only 88, almost 89, but as a rogue, she takes it slow and steady.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
What does it matter?

If I'm leveling a toon, I level at the pace that I decide I want when I do it. I break when I want to take a break. I don't if I don't. I switch toons if I decide I want to have something else to do then I go back after my toon has gotten some rested exp.

So it takes as long as it takes, breaks or no breaks.

Cause it feels like it takes a month for me to get one level 90 and my main game goal is to get every class to cap lvl for every xpack.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Well, then if the information really helps you:

I started playing the expansion on this toon on Sept. 28th.
Got to 90 on the 30th.

My raiding druid hit 90 on October 8th.

My hunter hit 90 on October 19th.

I've done stray bits of leveling on my other toons that were 85 at the end of Cata but haven't really focused on any of them. My gathering toons have hit 86 and 87 simply from the exp I get from mining and herbing, plus the unavoidable mob kills.

If I really wanted to focus on leveling one toon at a time and skipping other content, I could probably have all my non-bank alt 85s to 90 by the end of this month, which would make a grand total of 7. They're all fully rested and leveling goes fast once you have that.

Getting every class to level cap during the expansion will be easy to do if you make that your sole focus. It's getting wrapped up in end game on other toons that will slow you down.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]