Justice Points at 90

(Locked)

100 Night Elf Druid
Is there any reason why you get so few Justice Points at 90? I was trying to farm JP for Heirlooms, but the amount you get is pathetic. It was 10x faster to go tank Cataclysm 5 mans on my 85 paladin to farm JP than it was to do anything at level 90.
90 Undead Mage
You get them maxxed with nothing to spend them on after the heirlooms. I think they made it like it is so that doesn't happen too quickly for those who don't already have their heirlooms.
90 Pandaren Monk
They seem to be fairly pointless once you start to pick up heroic dungeon gear. I think the way that gear is dropping right now, it feels more like an accomplishment to pick up the gear. However, the system is jacked. It really feels like the current valor points should be justice points and valor points should be something beyond ilevel 483.

There's just not much to spend your Justice Points on at this point, and when we hit the next phase of the expansion, they'll probably convert valor to justice (as they have in the past) making the currency worthless.

My gut says they really didn't know what to do with the two currencies so they mostly ignored justice and focused on valor.
100 Night Elf Druid
Spending them won't be a problem as of next patch, because you'll be able to spend them to upgrade the ilvl of your gear.

But spending them wasn't my point, it was acquiring them. The rate you get them at 90 vs 85 is really low.
100 Draenei Shaman
Spending them won't be a problem as of next patch, because you'll be able to spend them to upgrade the ilvl of your gear.

But spending them wasn't my point, it was acquiring them. The rate you get them at 90 vs 85 is really low.

No you upgrade gear with VP not JP. JP will still have no use.
90 Pandaren Shaman
Ah I was wondering what JP was used for now, thanks for this thread I now know they are useless lol.
100 Night Elf Druid

You will be able to upgrade gear with JP, just not epics. Can at least upgrade blues from 463 to 471.
90 Pandaren Monk
JP is for gear that you have trouble replacing in heroics, it's not a priority
idk, some older gear for transmog maybe???? :/
100 Night Elf Druid
11/02/2012 06:55 PMPosted by Mayliene
JP is for gear that you have trouble replacing in heroics, it's not a priority

There are a lot of heirlooms I still need to get, which is what I stated in the OP. It is more efficient to do 85 heroics on an 85 character than it is to do anything at level 90, is the problem I have.
90 Gnome Priest
Farm Darkmoon Faire tokens for heirlooms instead. The prices are actually pretty reasonable.

End game pretty much sucks now, doesn't it?
66 Pandaren Monk
Being a player who just got a lvl90, i dont have many heirlooms for other toons,

the amount of JP we get is HORRIBLE!

i get for the players who already have the looms its useless, but what about those who don't?

at least match it to how much we used to get in Cata?
Edited by Xiaoming on 11/4/2012 1:49 PM PST
90 Human Mage
I agree. It would be nice to have more Justice Points just for the heirlooms. Other than that, Justice Points really don't do much anymore. Or at least come up with some other way to get the BoA that requires Justice Points currently.
100 Human Paladin
Is there any reason why you get so few Justice Points at 90? I was trying to farm JP for Heirlooms, but the amount you get is pathetic. It was 10x faster to go tank Cataclysm 5 mans on my 85 paladin to farm JP than it was to do anything at level 90.

Intended.

Justice Points were too easy to acquire in Cataclysm. They were originally intended to be acquired as rewards for clearing the heroics back when they were still difficult. With the original heroic design they were actually somewhat hard to obtain, when the heroics were nerfed the justice point gain rate wasn't nerfed with it when it should have been.

There's multiple ways to grind for heirloom gear, Justice Points are just one method, in Cataclysm though with the ridiculous rate you could farm them they outshined the other methods by miles.

Justice Points are still much easier to obtain and grind for than the other BOA methods, even despite the nerf from Cataclysm to Mists. I don't see what the complaining is about.
Edited by Vindicare on 11/4/2012 1:54 PM PST

Jp is included
100 Dwarf Shaman
You could convert JP to honor if you want to pvp gear up faster.
76 Human Monk
What about converting honor to JP? Will grinding battlegrounds get you JP faster indirectly?

MoP endgame is already somewhat alt-unfriendly(improving in 5.1), they don't need to make heirlooms slower to get as well :(
Edited by Anvindr on 11/4/2012 2:12 PM PST
100 Human Paladin
What about converting honor to JP? Will grinding battlegrounds get you JP faster indirectly?

MoP endgame is already somewhat alt-unfriendly(improving in 5.1), they don't need to make heirlooms slower to get as well :(

The fun thing about Heirlooms is that they're relatively permanent once you purchase them. (unless you accidentally delete them like i've done before >.<)

So the same set of Heirloom armor I used to level my warrior with back in Wrath is now being used to level my new Horde Paladin.

Considering how useful they are, and how long they can hang around and stay useful, it makes sense to me that they should take at least SOME time to acquire.
76 Human Monk

The fun thing about Heirlooms is that they're relatively permanent once you purchase them. (unless you accidentally delete them like i've done before >.<)

So the same set of Heirloom armor I used to level my warrior with back in Wrath is now being used to level my new Horde Paladin.

Considering how useful they are, and how long they can hang around and stay useful, it makes sense to me that they should take at least SOME time to acquire.

I'd agree if we could mail them all to another realm :s.

Also they were "very" easy to get back in wrath with those valor emblems. You got what, 4 per boss or something +4 in a random dungeon(back in 3.3) so it only took 1-2 dungeons to get enough to get one.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]