Singing Cricket

82 Human Death Knight
Reward for leveling 75 pets to 25 is an uncommon. Thanks Blizz.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Upgrade it in 5.1
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Reward is a cricket, thanks Blizzard.

FTFY
Reply Quote
82 Human Death Knight
i know the default fanboi response is "use battle stones in 5.1" But how bout some common sense. every single collection achievement awards rare pets, you can't tell me collecting 75 pets is harder than leveling 75 25s.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
11/04/2012 03:50 PMPosted by Todbradly
i know the default fanboi response is "use battle stones in 5.1" But how bout some common sense. every single collection achievement awards rare pets, you can't tell me collecting 75 pets is harder than leveling 75 25s.

Neither are hard. One is just more time consuming =)

I do agree with you though. Seems a lot of pets that should have a rare quality do not. Lots of oversights which is probably why they are adding the stones in the first place.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
people complain about a pet from hours on hours of grinding...that it's not BLUE.

you can catch one with this model in 20 minutes that's rare with the same moves/stats.

the priorities of this forum are seriously outta whack.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
people complain about a pet from hours on hours of grinding...that it's not BLUE.

you can catch one with this model in 20 minutes that's rare with the same moves/stats.

You're silly. Forums do not have priorities!
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
And now you know that all hard work leads to mediocre rewards in WoW!
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Forums are a medium by which people express themselves, without the people, there is no forum (except in a logistic "we have a forum sense").

That being said, it's all "imba pet A, OP pet B, my pet's green and not blue QQ" all over. Pet collection was completionist/interesting model fun, Pet Battles have turned it into "misinformed no can google argh Y MY PET NO BLUE!?".

If you're prepared to spend time levelling 75 to 25, and not getting something at least a little special (hell, maybe a different COLOR of cricket) then what's the point?

*There are a lot of decent or at least mildly interesting rewards, this is not one of them*
Edited by Crimsonmage on 11/4/2012 5:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
82 Human Death Knight

actually since i don't have MoP that's not possible. Note I do not have any of the MoP wild pets in my collection. to be honest i don't actually care that it's not a rare, it's not like i am desperate for that pet in my lineup (i do have 75 level 25 rare-quality battle pets after all). just saying that the logic behind some battle pets do not appear to make any sense whatsoever.

Also lol @ CRZs.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
I like your hat, and while some features are obtainable by people without MoP, WoW has never been aimed towards accomodating those who do not purchase additional expansions.

Or else there would be more to do at the argent tournament. lol. ooh ouch. sorry, that was mean.

I would totally take a swap of the jade tentacle for this, like, 400 pets is weak and easy to get passively grinding up in the old world, and the jade tentacle is unique. I'll have both, it's not an issue at all, all im talking about is the weighting of the prize at the end.
Edited by Crimsonmage on 11/4/2012 5:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
82 Human Death Knight
I like your hat, and while some features are obtainable by people without MoP, WoW has never been aimed towards accomodating those who do not purchase additional expansions.

Or else there would be more to do at the argent tournament. lol. ooh ouch. sorry, that was mean.

I would totally take a swap of the jade tentacle for this, like, 400 pets is weak and easy to get passively grinding up in the old world, and the jade tentacle is unique. I'll have both, it's not an issue at all, all im talking about is the weighting of the prize at the end.

seeing as how you appear to be getting both your expacs and achievement rewards mixed up i'll chalk your comments up as an attempt to troll. 4/10
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter

This is a pet battle forum so the OP's post is totally appropriate. I agree that it's a pretty crappy reward for leveling 75 pets to 25.

And what's the deal with even awarding a grasshopper when we can go catch an identical one in 20 minutes? It further adds to the stupidity that is the Singing Cricket as an award for that level of an achievement.
Reply Quote
Agreed. At least the other Achievement rewards were worth the pets. To top it off, I don't think there are more than maybe 30 pets I would ever use in battle, the rest are just copies with a different name or are worthless in battles.

This achievement is probably just for people that like bragging they have an insane grind task completed. See what I did there? eh? eh? *nudge*
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
As of this morning Singing Cricket turned from uncommon to rare, I did not have to submit a ticket, it just happened. I guess Blizz got tired of people who had already finished the achievement complaning about it. Also of note, the Red Cricket is also suddenly rare. Thank you Blizzard for doing the right thing. I just wonder if they went back and fixed all those Darkmoon Hatchlings that people bought on the first day... hmmm... Cheers!
Edited by Orangecrush on 12/13/2012 7:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
12/13/2012 07:31 AMPosted by Orangecrush
I just wonder if they went back and fixed all those Darkmoon Hatchlings that people bought on the first day...

They did.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest

FTFY

^

You'd think the reward for this achievement would have a cricket bathed in silk and singing songs made of gold into your pockets.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/04/2012 03:49 PMPosted by Crimsonmage

Ya, got the achievement yesterday, looked at the cricket in journal and thought. Why the eff would I want another damn cricket?

I mean it would be ok if they had given him some unique move sets but nooooooooo.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
12/13/2012 07:31 AMPosted by Orangecrush
As of this morning Singing Cricket turned from uncommon to rare, I did not have to submit a ticket, it just happened. I guess Blizz got tired of people who had already finished the achievement complaning about it. Also of note, the Red Cricket is also suddenly rare. Thank you Blizzard for doing the right thing. I just wonder if they went back and fixed all those Darkmoon Hatchlings that people bought on the first day... hmmm... Cheers!

Tired of complaints? Maybe.

Genuinely interested in retroactively upgrading pets for people who feel shafted? Also a possibility.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
12/13/2012 08:23 AMPosted by Annimositty

Ya, got the achievement yesterday, looked at the cricket in journal and thought. Why the eff would I want another damn cricket?

I mean it would be ok if they had given him some unique move sets but nooooooooo.

Oh wow, I just looked. Hurray! I'm glad I used my last critter stone on my poor Red Cricket instead.

I seriously wish this pet wasn't just a lame cricket though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]